Is Public School Education Under-funded?

Say one school of 2000 students has a science lab with running water and some test tubes and a school in the same district has no science lab, much less running water or test tubes, Would that be unequal funding?

Say one school of 2000 students has a science lab with running water and some test tubes and a school in the same district has no science lab, much less running water or test tubes, Would that be unequal funding?

Provide any widespread examples of school districts in general doing that within the same district please.

>>>>

Last edited:
It's not underfunded at all, the funds are used incorrectly. ..... My department also lacks a copy machine, and our computer lab is outdated as well.

Exactly!

And schools with decent computers do stupid and boring things with them.

Frozen disk drives with 100 gigabytes of empty space while the kids take boring Aventa courses over the Internet.

Online courses for middle and high school students | Aventa Learning

but stuff like this is free:

Celestia: Home

Chemistry - PhET Simulations

LibriVox

psik

Last edited:

Provide any widespread examples of school districts in general doing that within the same district please.

>>>>
Try Kozol's "Shame of the Nation" for starters.

That is what lawsuits are for!
What law says all schools must receive equal funding? The school district determines what schools get what funds and equipment. School districts, and even schools, are political entities and as such they are subject to politics. With charter schools the politics will become even more pronounced. As Kozol said, I can walk down the streets in your neighborhood and tell you what kinds of schools you have. The bottom line is that schools do not even come close to offering the same education to children in the same district or in the same state, much less the United States.

What law says all schools must receive equal funding? The school district determines what schools get what funds and equipment. School districts, and even schools, are political entities and as such they are subject to politics. With charter schools the politics will become even more pronounced. As Kozol said, I can walk down the streets in your neighborhood and tell you what kinds of schools you have. The bottom line is that schools do not even come close to offering the same education to children in the same district or in the same state, much less the United States.

You have personally compared them with your own eyes?

People hate to pay for anything public sector case closed. Where I live they want to cut the snow plow drivers salaries. We get over 250 inches per year. I say cut them and don't expect clear roads. Can't have it both ways cheap wimps. Those same dumb people will complain if the roads aren't clear.

Public Schools are not underfunded, they are underdisciplined.
The student are not being responsible for anything. The teachers just pass them to get them out of their class.
The failure of our school system has nothing to do with money

Public Schools are not underfunded, they are underdisciplined.
The student are not being responsible for anything. The teachers just pass them to get them out of their class.
The failure of our school system has nothing to do with money
Should students that are discipline problems be dropped from school?
If not what should be done with discipline problems?

I was a student in some. Same district, a few blocks apart.

:lol:

When?

When?
Many moons ago. But I was involved with schools for some time and from my vantage point saw what happens to some of the money, but fairness and honest motives are not always expected nor found in many types of governments.

Schools are grossly underfunded.

The best think for each child would be to create a nationalized education plan rivaling Japan's public education system. All tax monies and private donations should be equally distributed across this great country so that each child has an equal and fair chance.

I was involved with schools for some time ....

"Involved with".....
schools.
Schools are grossly underfunded.

The best think for each child would be to create a nationalized education plan rivaling Japan's public education system. All tax monies and private donations should be equally distributed across this great country so that each child has an equal and fair chance.
Which political party would fight that proposal?

Forum List

Back