Is Pres. Bush Actually Overcautious To Overrule The Decisions Of Other Institutions?

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
I saw this on Instapundit where they are discussing the president's nearly non-use of the pardon power he has as well as his veto reluctance. I actually agree with what this guy said:

On the other hand, Bob Schneider emails: "I see a pattern here, with his frugal (indeed, non-existent) use of the veto. Despite protests from the Left of a president eager to usurp rights and power, Bush is a actually overly cautious about overruling the decisions of other institutions."

Do you?

2nd question would be: do you think pres.bush gives out too few pardons? i think so. he could do a lot more, particulary for the many excessive sentencing cases that we've seen in recent years.

NATO AIR said:
I saw this on Instapundit where they are discussing the president's nearly non-use of the pardon power he has as well as his veto reluctance. I actually agree with what this guy said:

Do you?

2nd question would be: do you think pres.bush gives out too few pardons? i think so. he could do a lot more, particulary for the many excessive sentencing cases that we've seen in recent years.

He's accused of heavyhandedness where there is none. Imagine if he actually DID assert himself. Unfortunately the double standard in the media is a political reality which must be considered.

rtwngAvngr said:
He's accused of heavyhandedness where there is none. Imagine if he actually DID assert himself. Unfortunately the double standard in the media is a political reality which must be considered.

i agree about the media,but i did pull this from instapundit, rather than CNN or something. no prez is perfect, i understand. i really do think he could do more with pardons though, there are plenty of people that actually deserve them, unlike marc rich (have we figured out his exact role in the oil-for-food scam yet?)

Forum List

Back