Is Polygamy The Next Gay Marriage?

You seem to have clipped out (why am I not surprised) the point that there are no laws that don't exclude reasons for not applying laws to all. None of these exclusions are considered the denial of ones civil rights.

Because "no laws", "that don't", "for not" creates a triple and makes no sense.

What is never excluded, and the part that you conveniently clipped out is that the person just didn't want to comply.

What are you talking about?

A person denied a Civil Marriage license because of the gender composition of the couple isn't just "don't want to comply" they are barred by law. A different sex couple that must prove they are infertile (yes there are laws to this effect) can't just choose "not to comply" and get a Civil Marriage license anyway - they are barred from getting such a license.

But it is silly

I agree with you. Stating that procreation is a standard that applied to same-sex couples and then not apply that same standard to different-sex couples is silly. Well I think it's hypocritical, but I'll agree to your word. It it's not a standard for one, then it shouldn't be a standard for the other. If is to be a standard, apply it to both.

>>>>

Fertility tests aren't 100% accurate, and they didn't exist until quite recently. The marriage always were written long before anything like a fertility test was even imagined. I see little reason to change them simply because some petulant homos believe they are entitled to be treated like normal people.

hmmmm, they all did before the homos started whining about their so-called "right" to be married.

When my wife and I were married in Tennessee 3 decades ago I didn't have to show my penis to anyone and my wife didn't have to show she had ovaries.

No body part check there.

>>>>

hmmmm, they all did before the homos started whining about their so-called "right" to be married.

When my wife and I were married in Tennessee 3 decades ago I didn't have to show my penis to anyone and my wife didn't have to show she had ovaries.

>>>>

You have to show a driver's license, which denotes your gender. Check it out.

Fertility tests aren't 100% accurate, and they didn't exist until quite recently. The marriage always were written long before anything like a fertility test was even imagined. I see little reason to change them simply because some petulant homos believe they are entitled to be treated like normal people.

So to be fertile was not a standard that was required. That is true.

However there are places that required different-sex couples to be INFERTILE before they can get married. That kind of blows the whole (to paraphrase) "the couple must be able to procreate together" as a standard for Civil Marriage.\

>>>>

>>>>

Now your moving the goal posts.

You said a body parts. My wife's drivers license still lists "Female" even though she doesn't have the female body parts to have children.

>>>>

Quite amusing watching morons trying to justify changing marriage laws for gay "marriage" then turning around and saying "nope can't change laws to make polygamy legal"

Idiots.

However there are places that required different-sex couples to be INFERTILE before they can get married. That kind of blows the whole (to paraphrase) "the couple must be able to procreate together" as a standard for Civil Marriage.\

>>>>

There were? I suppose you can provide an example of such?

BTW. I have never said "the couple must be able to procreate together as the standard for civil marriage." I have said procreation is the reason the institution of marriage exists. I know the difference is too subtle for your limited brain power to comprehend, but the lurkers understand. I won't waste my time trying to educate you on the difference.

>>>>

Now your moving the goal posts.

You said a body parts. My wife's drivers license still lists "Female" even though she doesn't have the female body parts to have children.

>>>>

You really like to quibble about the utterly inane, don't you?

>>>>

There were? I suppose you can provide an example of such?

An example of a law that requires a couple to be infertile to be able to Civilly Marry? Sure.

Arizona Revised Statutes
25-101. Void and prohibited marriages
B. Notwithstanding subsection A, first cousins may marry if both are sixty-five years of age or older or if one or both first cousins are under sixty-five years of age, upon approval of any superior court judge in the state if proof has been presented to the judge that one of the cousins is unable to reproduce.
Format Document

>>>>

Hey, you are the one that said they checked for body parts as the standard ("The standard is having the right body parts." by bripat9643). Not me

Here is a thought, if you don't want to quibble about inane statements, try not making them.

>>>>

Hey, you are the one that said they checked for body parts as the standard ("The standard is having the right body parts." by bripat9643). Not me

Here is a thought, if you don't want to quibble about inane statements, try not making them.

>>>>

You used the term "body parts," asshole, not me.

I assumed that by your use of the term "body parts" you meant gender. BTW, your wife did have the appropriate body parts when you got married, didn't she?

You seem to have clipped out (why am I not surprised) the point that there are no laws that don't exclude reasons for not applying laws to all. None of these exclusions are considered the denial of ones civil rights.

What is never excluded, and the part that you conveniently clipped out is that the person just didn't want to comply.

A person denied a Civil Marriage license because of the gender composition of the couple isn't just "don't want to comply" they are barred by law. A different sex couple that must prove they are infertile (yes there are laws to this effect) can't just choose "not to comply" and get a Civil Marriage license anyway - they are barred from getting such a license.

But it is silly

I agree with you. Stating that procreation is a standard that applied to same-sex couples and then not apply that same standard to different-sex couples is silly. Well I think it's hypocritical, but I'll agree to your word. It it's not a standard for one, then it shouldn't be a standard for the other. If is to be a standard, apply it to both.

>>>>

You make shit up and believe everyone should bow to your false premise.

Any male can marry any female.

If a hetro male doesn't want to, not my problem.

If a hetro female doesn't want to, not my problem

If a homosexual male or female doesn't want to, bingo, not my problem

It's really, really simple.

Because someone prefers mutual masturbation over intercourse......

Not my problem.

If you do not want to comply with the law and CHOOSE not to lawfully marry.

Your problem, not mine. You can claim it violates your civil rights, you have the right to opt out of any right you want too.

Again, don't opt out then cry that by your own choice your being discriminated against.

It's boring as hell

Your depravity is renowned, Pop23, and your inability to deal with reality is obvious with every post.

You lied when you said gays could marriage each other legally in every state.

You lie, you cry: just the way it is.

Rock Hudson - Phyllis Gates married 1955
Sally Ride - Steven Hawley married 1982
Meredith Baxter - Robert Bush married 1966; David Birney married 1974; Michael Blodgett married 1995

Homosexuals have never been denied the right to marry.

The State of Virginia tried to use the same logic in 1967 claiming that blacks weren't denied the right to Civilly Marry. Blacks could marry Blacks, Whites could marry Whites. They weren't denied the right to marry and each was treated the same.

How well did that logic work?

You know, there a thread going right now dealing with PBS. The point of criticism in that thread is that the government has no business playing favorites with the two competing political ideologies in the US and that's the same logic at the heart of the Loving decision. Throughout history there have been two competing forms of marriage, in-group marriage and out-group marriage. Government had no business choosing to favor in-group marriage at the expense of out-group marriage. They've both always been equally valid.

Your comparison fails. There is no connection between interracial marriage and homosexual "marriage." Better luck next time.
Incorrect.

Loving is in fact on point with the right of same sex couples to access marriage law.

Your depravity is renowned, Pop23, and your inability to deal with reality is obvious with every post.

Meredith Baxter - Robert Bush married 1966; David Birney married 1974; Michael Blodgett married 1995

The State of Virginia tried to use the same logic in 1967 claiming that blacks weren't denied the right to Civilly Marry. Blacks could marry Blacks, Whites could marry Whites. They weren't denied the right to marry and each was treated the same.

You know, there a thread going right now dealing with PBS. The point of criticism in that thread is that the government has no business playing favorites with the two competing political ideologies in the US and that's the same logic at the heart of the Loving decision. Throughout history there have been two competing forms of marriage, in-group marriage and out-group marriage. Government had no business choosing to favor in-group marriage at the expense of out-group marriage. They've both always been equally valid.

Your comparison fails. There is no connection between interracial marriage and homosexual "marriage." Better luck next time.
Incorrect.

Loving is in fact on point with the right of same sex couples to access marriage law.

Nope

But it is silly

>>>>

Understand also that fertility is only an issue with heterosexual couplings.

WW likes to avoid that little factoid

But here comes the old "some heterosexual couples can't procreate"

As pointed out to him time and time again, they can't because of physical, mental or because of age. All of these are easily classified as disabilities and those couples should be included to keep their civil rights intact. You do NOT lose rights because of disability.

Homosexuals can't make such claims.

Masturbation does not a child make

But it is silly

>>>>

Understand also that fertility is only an issue with heterosexual couplings.

WW likes to avoid that little factoid

But here comes the old "some heterosexual couples can't procreate"

As pointed out to him time and time again, they can't because of physical, mental or because of age. All of these are easily classified as disabilities and those couples should be included to keep their civil rights intact. You do NOT lose rights because of disability.

Homosexuals can't make such claims.

Masturbation does not a child make

What are you talking about? Try reading the COTUS, then come back and tell me where the federal government is empowered to define marriage..

How YOU define it is irrelevant. I just put gay "marriage" in quotes and go on. who cares if they think they're married?

It should be legal. If all parties consent to the marriage then why should any of us care?

We should care partly due to what Rikurzhen says below. But also if this is approached from a "rights" perspective what are the tax costs?, if there is a tax benefit to one marriage then shouldn't each multiple partner also get that benefit?, after all it is a "right".......I think the very fact that Hollywood is promoting shows like Sister Wives shows they think gay marriage will lead to a "right" to plural marriages...which shows the limitations to the idea of marriage as a "right".

It will never become a trend, and there will be abuses, as with any unorthodox lifestyle but I knew this was coming as soon as gay marriage became acceptable and legal in many states and growing.

It's hard to say how trendy it will become but using the attitudes of today for guidance is simply bad analysis. Mali has widespread polygamy where 40% of all married women are in polygamous marriages.
Why do women consent? That's the key. The choice usually breaks down like this - marry a poor man and have him all to yourself or marry a rich man and share him with other wives. 40% of women seem content with marrying a wealthier man and sharing him rather than marrying a goat herder and having that man all to themselves.

That same dynamic is likely to develop here. Look at how much time and energy women spend watching and reading about rich people, celebrities, gossip and voyeur shows are the bread and butter of media companies today. Women seem to want to escape from the mundane drudgery of existence.

How women has Charlie Sheen had? How many wives? Women keep showing up in that dude's life and not always sequentially.

For those who don't care, you should, because this is society destabliizing. Having hordes of angry young men who can't afford to entice a woman means that they express their anger at society or they just give up on life. Neither is a good outcome and the blowback of social upheaval always hits the rest of us.

Incorrect.

NO, it is not. race and sexual orientation are not analogous.

Forum List

Back