Is political correctness a good or bad thing?

IronFist

May 26, 2015
I think it's not. It's actually one of the worst things existing in our society. People must have a right to express every opinion they want without being afraid to offend someone. Cause such problems as racism, immigration and homosexuality still exist. People have different opinions on these issues but they are just not allowed to be said in the media. I hope this trend will be change.

Being polite and considerate has always been and will continue to be a good thing. It is the epitome of civilized living. If you have to ask this question you belong in a zoo not around humans.

Being polite and considerate has always been and will continue to be a good thing. It is the epitome of civilized living. If you have to ask this question you belong in a zoo not around humans.
I hope you are being sarcastic since your statement doesn't actually sound politically correct enough. You should definitely be arrested by the thought police for your hate speech.

I think it's not. It's actually one of the worst things existing in our society. People must have a right to express every opinion they want without being afraid to offend someone. Cause such problems as racism, immigration and homosexuality still exist. People have different opinions on these issues but they are just not allowed to be said in the media. I hope this trend will be change.
PC was cute in its infancy, changing words like "secretary" to "receptionist" and "midget" to "dwarf". Okay, eyeroll, whatever. But then the Left weaponized it and turned it into a bludgeon, and suddenly it was no longer so cute.

Today, PC has been deformed into strategic hypersensitivity deployed to put your target on the defensive and control the conversation. Scream "racist" at someone who dares to bring up race in a way that challenges you, and you can completely avoid an honest conversation. Plus, it intimidates people from challenging you in the first place, another advantage.

It's dishonest, it's cowardly, and it cynically divides Americans for political advantage. Nasty, toxic, destructive stuff.

It's also every bit as important to the Left as religion is to the Right. It's a part of their DNA and they'll defend it with absolutely everything they have.

Last edited:
Every network has their own standard of political correctness. For instance, opinions stated on MSNBC will seldom be found politically correct to the viewers of Fox News, and vice versa. Of course this is of little matter to any enlightened individual, because such people realize that OPINION IS NOT NEWS.

"To your request of my opinion of the manner in which a newspaper should be conducted, so as to be most useful, I should answer, 'by restraining it to true facts & sound principles only.' "
-- Thomas Jefferson; from letter to John Norvell (June 14, 1807)

Forum List

Back