Hello, Disir.
Tavis's mom was a single eighteen-yr-old woman when she began building her family and subsequently married an abusive, emotionally disturbed paternal figure who emotionally and physically tortured her children.

And the judge decided that the step-father was overreacting. Tavis' television viewing habits and music were monitored. He was involved in the church. His parents were involved with the kids. Tavis goes on to become successful.

Tavis' mother did what was expected of her. She married and she married a military man. I don't know how to break it to you but using electrical cords as whipping tools was pretty damn normal back then. Spare the rod and spoil the child. It still happens but not even close to what was going on at that time period.

Dwayne Lil Wayne Carter was nine-yrs-old when he began rapping. By the time he was twelve he was signed to a record label, rapping about gun violence, selling drugs to his neighbors and characterizing women as bitches and whores.

B.G. (Ft. Lil Wayne & Mr. Ivan) – True Story

And yet, she married his father.

Shawn Jay Z Carter was 12-yrs-old when he shot his older substance abusing older brother for stealing from a family member.

Jay-Z: I shot my brother at age 12

By the time Shawn was in his mid-teens these are the anti-social activities he was involved in.

'Jay Z' Raps About Child Abuse, The Fear and Harm He Caused to Peaceful People

I personally witnessed the individual and community harming anti-social activities that Shawn raps about, though at the time I was unaware Shawn was specifically responsible for...it was not until his raps became popular that I realized he and his crew of abused/neglected young violent felons were responsible for much of the pain I witnessed untold numbers of his peaceful neighbors suffer due to his mom failing to supervise him.
And yet, his mother was married.

The point is that these women did marry. Very different scenario from young women that collect benefits or have a serial fiance syndrome for 20 years to continue to collect benefits.

I find it interesting that we ignore that the argument is made for a two parent home unless the male element is ineffective and/or ditches them. Then we pretend that there was no male element.

I have no clue what video you are referring to.

I listened to the commentary on your blog. This is the answer to the question below.

Disir, you wrote, "It's almost funny that you would comment on what she was wearing..."

Where did I comment about Toya Graham's clothing or physical appearance? I believe you are mistaken about me commenting on Ms. Graham's appearance.

Exclusive: Why America's 'mom of the year' chased son home from riots

I cited BMoTY Toya Graham as ONE example of a female making poor choices for the well being of her children.

I'll let the people in these video presentations speak for me, sharing their perceptions of the small population of African American females who are causing problems and issues for the much larger peaceful population of African Americans who simply want to enjoy and experience their vision of Life, Liberty, (Love) and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Hey, I agree with that. The problem is that kids are not cans of any given product and and there is a great danger when overgeneralizing situations because then underlying issues are not addressed. Cookie cutter approaches fail.

There is a huge difference between an Angel Adams (video you posted on another thread) and a Toya Graham. Both of them are different situations then say, Kiara.

Kiara has a specific mentality that started from the word go. This can be changed. Not before more damage is done but it’s an attitude and not a mental or physical limitation. This is the no responsibility for her actions.

I would lay money Angel Adams has mild mental retardation. I am taking that from her responses, her paranoia, her frustration and an inability to understand and interact with the world around her. Her kids have probably already figured out that she is limited and they have surpassed her in knowledge and they can get away with anything. That is a whole ‘nother ballgame. She lacks the capacity to see any viewpoint outside of her own. She sounds like a child and there is probably a good reason for that. She got the kids back but it’s only a matter of time before DCF is involved again. And no, you won’t see some court ordered tube tying. The US has a history of eugenics programs and it isn’t pretty.

Growing Up Different : When the Retarded Become Parents, Perhaps Their Children Know Best How Well It Works

http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/...ith-mental-retardation-and-their-children.pdf

I come across women that have 8, 9+ kids and most often there is a mental illness (schizophrenic), mmr+ and/or drugs. Usually any combination of the above. (Kianga Modupe not included).

Toya Graham is not a hero. She is human. She screwed up and tried to rectify it. If her beating her son and verbally abusing him went down in any other situation then I could see some legitimate complaints. The primary difference between her and the other two women is that she is smart. She recognizes her mistakes and learns from them.

Disir, our entire society is filled with hypocrisy and mixed messages. Which makes it even more important for MATERNAL CAREGIVERS from all communities to be more responsible in raising and nurturing society's children.

http://www.currentpsychiatry.com/ho...ression/566b8f6ffa9d26110e001a74c865c4ad.html

^^^That’s all things being equal. That doesn’t account for being born with drugs in your system, physical or sexual abuse any other crap.

Disir, since ancient times females have been the PRIMARY caregivers for most every society's children. Moms are responsible for socializing the children they give life to. In my mind this makes females who choose to create life, primarily responsible for nurturing and providing guidance to the life they create.

Yep. So, what are men responsible for? It doesn’t appear that they are responsible for anything. Can you tell me why that is? Because if they are not responsible for anything then it isn’t necessary for a two parent home. And that kind of sucks for the boys need a male role model argument.

Disir, in my opinion and experience a significant number of African American men have been since birth, emotionally scarred by the immature single moms who introduced them to life.

I agree.

Some people suck, and no matter what, they are just going to keep on sucking. They will have 50 opportunities that come their way, and I don’t care how well it is set up, they will still screw it up. They have no mental or medical limitations.

It is also my experience that sometimes issues can be addressed and people are capable of learning different coping strategies and want to move forward. Othertimes this is what you get to work with and the limitations indicate that this is all that can be expected. It’s as good as it gets. And you have to make a choice.

Last edited:
marcy.jpg

(Brooklyn's Marcy Houses - undated photo)

Hello. After spending twelve years in the 80s-90s providing police services to the Brooklyn community Shawn Jay Z Carter raps about using his semi-auto "Mack Milli' to dominate and cause fear to peaceful people for the purpose of protecting his gang's 24/7 drug operation, it was fear for my personal safety that finally drove me from a community, that because I spent so much time there, I considered my second home.

Sadly, I have few doubts that some Americans fail to perceive or willfully ignore some reasons for why at times, police are less than professional or act in a manner inconsistent with their scope of employment.

Not that I believe police acting outside the scope of their employment is acceptable, I just understand that witnessing on a daily basis - violence, people's lack of respect for each other as well as our laws, sadness, children emotionally scarred by their immature single-moms; doomed to a life of struggle and hardships - can have detrimental effects on many people born or imbued with a sense of sympathy, empathy and respect for others.

Some officers recognize they are burnt, they no longer feel a desire to serve a community that has diminished their faith in the goodness of human kind, a community that constantly has them in self-protection mode whenever they are working in the community, or even commuting to and from the community in their private cars.

These officers intelligently seek a transfer to a more stable community, while others remain, mostly because of established friendships with colleagues, allowing and in some cases not realizing the emotional pain they experience from witnessing human suffering on a daily basis is insidiously eating away at them, and at times affecting their professional conduct and in some cases their emotional well being.

During the hiring process we subject police candidates to psychological exams to insure they are normal stable people. Then we place these normal, stable people into an environment they are totally unaccustomed to, often dangerous environments, and we expect them to remain normal people when they are constantly and justifiably told by their supervisors to be safe, while reading crime reports that indicate they are not safe.

Sure, these officers are not in a war or battle, yet the chances for stumbling upon a gunfight or being attacked for no reason are greater in a community with a general flavor for lawlessness.

One sunny afternoon I was at the scene of a shooting, surrounded by dozens of civilians and a dozen or more cops, when a second person was shot no more than one hundred yards away. Tell me that would not give you goosebumps.

This anecdote is a tip of the iceberg.

One afternoon I'm on my way home stopped at a traffic light when gunfire erupts, three men carrying handguns run by me, enter a waiting town car.

Risking my safety I follow in my pvt car attempting to learn more about the suspects as they unobtrusively leave the scene. They stop at a house about ten blocks away, me not being a hero willing to confront three armed men with my two-inch six shot revolver, spend several minutes trying to locate a working payphone to report my observations.

Heading back to the scene I learn the three people shot, their neighbors who at the time of the shooting were hanging on their front stoops, provided the police with NO information about the shooting or the shooters, I was the only witness to come forward, and it isn't even my community.

While at the scene, the same town car I observed picking up the shooters several minutes earlier, arrives back on the scene operated by a man we detained and soon learned was wanted for a totally unrelated shooting that occurred a few weeks earlier.

Driving home that night I asked myself, "Why do I do this? Five, sometimes six days a week making this long drive, placing my safety at risk for people who either hate me, or people justifiably afraid and equally fearful of the people who hate me."

A few days later I went to my CO and requested a transfer, advising him, "Lou, I've had enough of the nonsense, it's time for me to go."

Within a week he hooked me up with a transfer to a more stable community, closer to home. A community where fewer people viewed me as the enemy, and many actually openly appreciated the police, sharing words of appreciation often harshly frowned upon by many in the Brooklyn community I was forced to abandon, due to my level of fear that gradually built up and intensified over a period of nearly twelve years.

I knew when I had enough of the emotional turmoil I experienced from witnessing mayhem and violence on a daily basis. I made the intelligent choice to protect my emotional well being by leaving this Brooklyn community which was the cause for my fear and anxiety.

Unfortunately some cops ignore the signs of stress and anxiety, indicating that it is time for a change of venue, instead choosing to remain in their second homes where they have built friendships and bonds.

I fear nothing will change until Americans honestly recognize that brW6rang children into our world without first acquiring the skills to properly love and nurture a child, or having the skills or means to independently provide for a child's upbringing, may result in a child growing up filled with anger and frustrations, needing to vent those emotions, sadly, not in a constructive manner.

This is a social/human behavioral problem I've witnessed happening for decades in some/many American communities.

depressed-child.jpg

Unfortunately for police, they are tasked with coping with the anger and frustrations of children irresponsibly introduced to our world by people who had no socially accepted right making babies before acquiring the skills, PATIENCE and means to provide their developing newborns, infants, toddlers, children and teens with a safe, fairly happy American kid childhood.

Sadly, Baltimore Mom of The Year is a perfect example of a immature teen girl irresponsibly building a family that she subjected to a early life of pain and struggle.

2824CF4800000578-3061704-Son_Michael_Graham_has_been_in_trouble_his_mother_acknowledged_H-a-5_1430351781143.jpg

Ms. Toya Graham, is not alone. She is only one of countless teen girls and women who in my opinion are responsible for populating our prisons with depressed, angry, frustrated, unpredictable, sometimes suicidal teens *(NY Times May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suicide by Black Children Surprises Researchers)* filled with resentment for being introduced to a life of pain, though unwilling to blame their moms and or dads for making selfish choices that negatively impacted the quality of their young lives.

To be clear, I am not suggesting Child Abuse and Neglect are the only factors for police acting outside the scope of their employment.

However, I honestly believe that reducing Child Abuse and Neglect will not only reduce the number of African American children committing suicide, reducing Childhood Abuse and Neglect will result with fairly happy children maturing into fairly happy teens and adults who will find more constructive activities to pursue, rather than anti-social activities that emotionally and/or physically harm their peaceful neighbors and police who try to protect peaceful people from harm.

The question all concerned, compassionate Americans should seriously be asking ourselves, our elected, civil, social, community and religious leaders is, what real, substantial changes in our society's attitude and laws need to occur to prevent abuse that often causes young kids to mature into depressed, frustrated, angry teens and adults as a result of experiencing the *emotional and/or physical trauma of an abusive childhood?*

Black *(Children's)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Fear & Educator's Frustrations
I'd have to say you have completely ignored the role of the cops as enablers and facilitators of the drug trade in areas like this. Cops frequently protect the drug dealers that pay them and take down the small fry dealers on occasion so it appears as if they are doing something. When a citizen is foolish enough to report the big drug dealer the cops that are protecting the dealer simply tell the drug dealer and the person that reported it gets a bullet for his trouble. I lived it and know a lot about the relationship.

Cops frequently protect the drug dealers?

Sorry, I am going to need evidence that cops "frequently" engage in protecting drug dealers.

Have you ever witnessed this?

Or is this just another myth created to deflect from the real dysfunction embraced by a small angry, depressed segment of some black communities?
Yes I witnessed this and my aim is not to provide you evidence. Its to provide you information. Your belief is not required. If you seriously want iron clad proof I suggest you go to the hood and set up a sting operation so you can catch the cops on video.

Toya Graham is not a hero. She is human. She screwed up and tried to rectify it. If her beating her son and verbally abusing him went down in any other situation then I could see some legitimate complaints. The primary difference between her and the other two women is that she is smart. She recognizes her mistakes and learns from them.

Sadly Ms. Graham's mistakes resulted with a developing human child being deprived of a safe, fairly happy childhood...resulting with him maturing into a depressed angry teen attempting to cause serious grave injury to police who were attempting to protect peaceful people from depressed angry teens and adults raised by teen girls who made the 'mistake' of birthing children out of selfishness and immaturity.

2824CF4800000578-3061704-Son_Michael_Graham_has_been_in_trouble_his_mother_acknowledged_H-a-5_1430351781143.jpg

Disir, just because they were young does not mean these mom's immaturity can be overlooked or simply characterized as mistakes when there is human life involved.

From an early age these irresponsible moms are screwing up their kid's minds. Society needs to address this serious problem. We need to change laws to prevent kids like Michael Graham Singleton from being deprived of a safe childhood by irresponsible females.

Yep. So, what are men responsible for? It doesn’t appear that they are responsible for anything. Can you tell me why that is? Because if they are not responsible for anything then it isn’t necessary for a two parent home. And that kind of sucks for the boys need a male role model argument.

Women are the PRIMARY 'socializers' for their children, men provide the support role in socializing their kids and in many cases are the primary bread winners for their families.

It is also my experience that sometimes issues can be addressed and people are capable of learning different coping strategies and want to move forward. Othertimes this is what you get to work with and the limitations indicate that this is all that can be expected. It’s as good as it gets. And you have to make a choice.

Disir, as you wrote, some folks are limited or beyond repair.

Sadly it takes some people more time to mature into responsible people realizing they need to make serious changes in their life to enjoy what life offers.

This man's amazing story is an example of turning a life around and making a comeback.

518: Except For That One Thing

Peace.

Yes I witnessed this and my aim is not to provide you evidence. Its to provide you information. Your belief is not required. If you seriously want iron clad proof I suggest you go to the hood and set up a sting operation so you can catch the cops on video.

How Making and Not Making Drug Arrests Threatened My Police Career by Avery Jarhman

I'm not understanding the significance of your link in response to my post?

My aim is to enlighten peaceful people, therefore you'll have to connect the dots by yourself.

Peace.

Sadly Ms. Graham's mistakes resulted with a developing human child being deprived of a safe, fairly happy childhood...resulting with him maturing into a depressed angry teen attempting to cause serious grave injury to police who were attempting to protect peaceful people from depressed angry teens and adults raised by teen girls who made the 'mistake' of birthing children out of selfishness and immaturity.

She in turn pulled him out of it. So, how long would you like to publicly humiliate her? How long should she be punished? One of her adult children wants to become a cop. Do you take time off of her public humiliation for that child?

One of the components necessary for rehabilitation is the ability to feel remorse and to recognize that you actually screwed up.

Disir, just because they were young does not mean these mom's immaturity can be overlooked or simply characterized as mistakes when there is human life involved.

From an early age these irresponsible moms are screwing up their kid's minds. Society needs to address this serious problem. We need to change laws to prevent kids like Michael Graham Singleton from being deprived of a safe childhood by irresponsible females.

Statistic wise drug testing welfare recipients costs more than it is worth it. They aren't catching too many people on drugs. The money would be better spent in any other area. Multiple states have attempted this and come to the same conclusion.

You're not going to see video cameras in common areas of households. It isn't going to happen. May as well just have the kids stay in foster care and be shipped place to place to place.

Abstinence only programs in the education system do not work. Some people respond to religion, others hide behind it and some do not respond at all.

Women are the PRIMARY 'socializers' for their children, men provide the support role in socializing their kids and in many cases are the primary bread winners for their families.

So, ornaments and checks then. Men decry being used as ornaments and checks and playing the ineffective dolt on television when families are depicted. They then take the lead role in real life demanding to be ornaments and checks and ineffective dolts. That's a vicious little cycle. Self-fulfilling prophecy?

Men as primary bread winners occurred primarily in upper middle class households. Victorian morality in play.

If young men are to see themselves as valuable then men have to see themselves as valuable contributing members of the family and society. They have to take an active role contributing and not a passive role.

Disir, as you wrote, some folks are limited or beyond repair.

Sadly it takes some people more time to mature into responsible people realizing they need to make serious changes in their life to enjoy what life offers.

I agree. But, I think that you hit on something that is really important. ( Two, but one is the part of the brain that deals with time and consequences). It's a lifestyle. So, for 30 years the lyrics that have called women bitches and hoes has also kicked out videos and songs glorifying the lifestyle and showcasing women as sex objects-because it sells. Does life imitate art or does art imitate life?

15 Rappers Who Aren’t Nearly As ‘Hood’ As They Want You To Think

We will make progress when more people show up to a brain bowl than a football game.

Allow me to share with you the story of a kid that didn't make it out. This kid's life was nothing but an obstacle course. Mom's a drug addict, dad is around but plays no real role. The kid is shipped around to a few family members. Many of his other family members are gang bangers. He is not a member but he is related.

I want to stop for a second. There are areas of this country where not being a member is as much of a death wish as being a member. People think that this is always a choice. Many times it is not. You don't just walk down the street and not talk to them.

I remember at the time thinking that if this kid could just graduate high school then at least one obstacle is removed. I had asked him if he had planned on getting out of the area. There is a big world out there. He thought for a minute and said, "Where would I go? This is what I know. All of my friends and family are here." He graduated and was shot 6 months later.

And every ounce of idealism that I thought I had went with him. He couldn't see any other world. I knew this was an issue. It's textbook. Teachers talk about it all the time---living in one area of a city and students never having been to the other side of a city.

You have to be aware that another life exists and that it is obtainable and you need to know how to obtain it.

How Making and Not Making Drug Arrests Threatened My Police Career by Avery Jarhman

I'm not understanding the significance of your link in response to my post?

My aim is to enlighten peaceful people, therefore you'll have to connect the dots by yourself.

Peace.
Youre not enlightening them. Youre leading them astray by trying to wax knowledgeable on a subject you have no experience in. You arent Black, never have been Black, and never will be Black. Until you meet those prequsites the best you can do is offer your opinion. I have lived the experience and luckily met enough new ideas and experienced successful people along the way to get out of the environment. Not only that, I teach others how to do the same. I walk the walk.

I questioned Asclepias assertions that cops "frequently" engage in protecting drug dealers.
The story you shared cites individual officers engaging in criminal activity.

Not one of the five stories in the article you shared relates evidence of corrupt police covering up for and protecting drug dealers.

Peace.
I certainly don't want to suggest that all cops are corrupt. Neither do I want to suggest that the "drug wars" are anything but an exercise in futility. I don't know what you would call "frequent". Just google "police protecting drug dealers" and read away. It seems logical to me that most instances of this kind of corruption are never uncovered.

She [Toya Graham] in turn pulled him out of it. So, how long would you like to publicly humiliate her?

Baltimore Mom of The Year set herself up for public scrutiny when she intentionally played to the media cameras the day she prevented her depressed, angry teen son from acting in a depraved manner toward human life by tossing bricks and rocks at police.

Disir you ask, "How long should Ms. Graham be punished?"

Disir, what punishment has Toya Graham suffered other then people speaking the truth about the lifestyle of Poverty she irresponsibly choose to introduced her children to?

As fair as I am concerned Ms. Toya Graham is one of thousands of *"State Sponsored Terrorists" *(quoting Tommy Sotomayor characterization of ghetto-minded females) who irresponsibly birthed children into a life of pain and struggle.

Disir, at what point does it become criminal for a mom to birth multiple children without first acquiring the skills and means to support her babies, without having to depend on her neighbors for complete and total support to raise, nurture and clothe her children?

Disir, have you ever interviewed the victims of violent crimes...victims who were emotionally scarred and physically injured by depressed angry teens like Ms. Graham's son?

Have you ever interviewed a child who was victimized by a mom like Toya Graham?

I personally have met and interviewed hundreds of crime victims harmed by depressed, sometimes suicidal children and teens raised by immature moms like Toya Graham. I've investigated numerous murders of innocent people intentionally, recklessly and savagely murdered by angry teens and adults raised and nurtured by immature moms like Toya Graham.

Disir, I extend most of my compassion and sympathy to the crime victims of depressed, frustrated, sometimes suicidal children raised by irresponsible moms like Toya Graham!

Disir, you ask how long should Toya Graham be humiliated?

Ms. Graham and females like her should be placed in the public spotlight until they admit their immaturity and publicly recognize the emotional damage they've done to their children and communities due to their irresponsible decisions to selfishly birth children for personal gain instead of love.

Ms. Graham and the population of irresponsible moms muck like her are responsible for these people sharing their pain in public.

Video Archive - American Men & Women Sharing Thoughts About Some African American Women & Moms

When I no longer see people publishing public videos sharing their pain...pain caused by "living wild" depressed children, teens and adults who were raised by immature teen moms like Toya Graham, I and the video broadcasters will no longer have a legitimate reason to voice our opinions about immature, 'criminal' females like Ms. Graham.

Men as primary bread winners occurred primarily in upper middle class households. Victorian morality in play.

My friend, men have been the primary bread winners since humans were residing and raising families in caves.

Peace.

Disir, have you ever interviewed the victims of violent crimes...victims who were emotionally scarred and physically injured by depressed angry teens like Ms. Graham's son?

Have you ever interviewed a child who was victimized by a mom like Toya Graham?

I personally have met and interviewed hundreds of crime victims harmed by depressed, sometimes suicidal children and teens raised by immature moms like Toya Graham. I've investigated numerous murders of innocent people intentionally, recklessly and savagely murdered by angry teens and adults raised and nurtured by immature moms like Toya Graham.

Yes. Yes, I have. Both as victims and perpetrators.

I too have worked extensively in the poor areas of Brooklyn: East New York, Canarsie, Bed-Sty. I have dealt with many, many mothers and their children. I have dealt with their misplaced rage and self destructive behavior. I sympathize with anyone who has to deal with these horribly damaged people. It's the very definition of a thankless task.

The question all concerned, compassionate Americans should seriously be asking ourselves, our elected, civil, social, community and religious leaders is, what real, substantial changes in our society's attitude and laws need to occur to prevent abuse that often causes young kids to mature into depressed, frustrated, angry teens and adults as a result of experiencing the *emotional and/or physical trauma of an abusive childhood?*
What's abuse? A loving, intelligent, well spoken single mother who can't control her child? Or a father who whips and scares his kids, but keeps them in line? I've met both, and my money is on the kids who have been kept in line.

Child abuse is a symptom, not the cause of the problems. I think early childhood education is part of the answer, but it doesn't start nearly early enough. When a child raised in poverty first enters school they have an astonishing deficit in their vocabulary. The Word Gap: The Early Years Make the Difference | National Association for the Education of Young Children | NAEYC TYC | Teaching Young Children Magazine Bridge that gap and we'll take a huge step forward in humanizing the inner cities.

I agree. But, I think that you hit on something that is really important. ( Two, but one is the part of the brain that deals with time and consequences). It's a lifestyle. So, for 30 years the lyrics that have called women bitches and hoes has also kicked out videos and songs glorifying the lifestyle and showcasing women as sex objects-because it sells. Does life imitate art or does art imitate life?

Disir, this is the short list of American rappers whose lyrics and bios I've read.

Most all were victims of childhood abuse, most all rap about being touched by child abuse or knowing victims of child abuse.

Nearly every one of these rappers characterize women as bitches and whores.

Tracy 'Ice-T' Lauren Marrow (born February 16, 1958).

Earl 'DMX' Simmons (born December 18, 1970),

Tupac Amaru Shakur (born Lesane Parish Crooks; June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996)

Cameron 'Wiz Khalifa' Jibril Thomaz (born September 8, 1987)

Curtis '50 Cent' James Jackson III (born July 6, 1975)

Andre 'Dr. Dre' Romelle Young (born February 18, 1965)

Azealia "Miss Bank$" Amanda Banks (born May 31, 1991)

Juaquin "Waka Flocka Flame" James Malphurs (born May 31, 1986)

Maurice "Trick Daddy" Samuel Young (born September 23, 1973)

Marion "Suge" Knight, Jr. (born April 19, 1965)

James "Jimmy" Iovine (born March 11, 1953)

Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith (born; unknown)

Sean "Puff Daddy", "Diddy", "P. Diddy" John Combs (born November 4, 1969)

Dwayne "Lil Wayne" Michael Carter, Jr. (Born September 27, 1982)

Kanye Omari West (born June 8, 1977)

Shawn "Jay Z" Carter (born December 4, 1969)

Leslie "Freeway" Edward Pridgen (born 6 August 1978)

Jayceon 'The Game' Terrell Taylor (born November 29, 1979)

Christopher George Latore Wallace (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997), better known by his stage names The Notorious B.I.G., Biggie or Biggie Smalls,

William 'Rick Ross' Leonard Roberts II (born January 28, 1976)

Onika "Nicki Minaj" Tanya Maraj (born December 8, 1982)

Tyler "Tyler, The Creator" Gregory Okonma (born March 6, 1991)

Michael "Killer Mike" Render (born April 20, 1975)

Jonathan "Lil Jon" Smith (born January 17, 1971)

Christopher "Ludacris" Brian Bridges (born September 11, 1977)

Willie "Fetty Wap" Maxwell (born June 7, 1990)

Calvin "Snoop Dogg" Cordozar Broadus Jr.(born October 20, 1971) Snoop Dogg

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth (born June 17, 1987)

O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson, Sr. (born June 15, 1969)

Jeffrey "Young Thug" Williams (born August 9, 1992)

Armando "Pitbull" Christian Pérez (born January 15, 1981)

Jeffrey "Ja Rule" Atkins (born February 29, 1976) Hollis

Rakim "ASAP Rocky" Mayers (born October 3, 1988) harlem

Olubowale "Wale" Victor Akintimehin (born September 21, 1984),

Justin 'Big K.R.I.T.' Scott (born August 26, 1986),

Jacques "Travis Scott" Webster (born April 30, 1992)

Keith "Chief Keef" Cozart (born August 15, 1995)

Cheland "Rhymefest" Smith (born; July 6, 1977)

Chancelor "Chance the Rapper" Bennett (born April 16, 1993)

Antoine "Ace Hood" McColister (born May 11, 1988)

Sean "Big Sean" Michael Leonard Anderson (born March 25, 1988)

Lil Herb (born Herbert Wright (born October 8, 1995)

American Rap Producers Ignoring/Promoting Child Abuse!

Disir, you write "It's [Rap] a lifestyle....Does life imitate art or does art imitate life?"

Do you or do you not recognize a significant number of American rappers write about their real life experiences that include witnessing and promoting drug abuse or sales, gun violence, demeaning put-downs of their less fortunate neighbors, characterizing their moms and grandmas as bitches and whores and glorifying violence toward peaceful people.

In the 60s I grew up listening to Motown musicians performing beautiful music espousing peace, harmony and love for women. Their music conditioned me to believe they are good people, well deserving of my admiration and respect for making me smile and want to experience the joys of life.

Today, 10-yr-old kids listen to African American music performers sharing real life experiences that include the dysfunctions and anti-social behaviors I wrote about above.

Kids today may like the beats rappers create, though I have to wonder what opinions children form about the values, sanity or peacefulness embraced by men and women who characterize our moms as bitches and whores.

Peace.

When a child raised in poverty...

Elvis, I have a question regarding who or what you beleive is primarily responsible for creating and fueling poverty.

For instance, if Baltimore Mom of The Year Toya Graham had built a smaller family she could more easily provide for, nurture and supervise, do you believe her depressed, angry young teen son would be in The Street acting with depraved indifference toward human life when he assembled with other teens and adults for the purpose of causing grave harm to police attempting to protect Ms. Graham's peaceful neighbors from emotional and physical harm often caused to innocent people by depressed, angry, frustrated, sometimes suicidal, (NY Times May 18, 2015 – Rise in Suicide by Black Children Surprises Researchers) teens and young men whose moms introduced them to a life of pain and struggle?

Are Kendrick Lamar's mom, dad and grandmother responsible for creating poverty by building large families knowing full well they will need to depend their responsible neighbors to provide support for their family?

Quoting a January 2011 LAWeekly interview with Kendrick:

"Lamar's parents moved from Chicago to Compton in 1984 with all of $500 in their pockets. "My mom's one of 13 siblings, and they all got six kids, and till I was 13 everybody was in Compton," he says.

"I'm 6 years old, seein' my uncles playing with shotguns, sellin' dope in front of the apartment. My moms and pops never said nothing, 'cause they were young and living wild, too. I got about 15 stories like 'Average Joe.'"

Elvis, Poverty, for the most part, is a social condition created by immature females who irresponsibly build families before acquiring the skills, PATIENCE and means to provide their children with a safe, fairly happy American kid childhood.

Do you agree or disagree with my opinion?

Elvis, Poverty, for the most part, is a social condition created by immature females who irresponsibly build families before acquiring the skills, PATIENCE and means to provide their children with a safe, fairly happy American kid childhood.

Do you agree or disagree with my opinion?
My only disagreement is that they don't create the poverty in the first place, they just perpetuate it. Personal responsibility is the only rational basis on which to build a society. That's the goal, right, to produce productive, responsible people instead of alienated leeches? What makes responsible people? Good parents and a society which supports the idea of a social contract. That was the society that Jefferson and Madison and the other FFs created for us, but we haven't yet succeeded in extending that social contract to everyone. It's unrealistic to expect these people to be able to help themselves when they have never known anyone responsible to learn from. I certainly don't have a plan to help these people break free from their trap. I just think that people who aren't the product of an ever more dysfunctional culture will be more likely to come up with a decent plan. Toya Graham a'int gonna do it.

Let me ask you a question. What do you think happened in these communities after the sixties, when all the civil rights fights were over? White flight, black flight. Anybody with any sense and the means to do it got out of there and never looked back. Would you have gone there if you weren't being paid to go? I wouldn't. All the talent in these communities left. All the education, all the emotional self-control, all the dignity. This community produces no Martin Luther Kings. No Thurgood Marshalls. All they can produce is Black Lives Matter, a bunch of thoughtless loudmouths.

Disir, this is the short list of American rappers whose lyrics and bios I've read.

Most all were victims of childhood abuse, most all rap about being touched by child abuse or knowing victims of child abuse.

Nearly every one of these rappers characterize women as bitches and whores.

Tracy 'Ice-T' Lauren Marrow (born February 16, 1958).

Earl 'DMX' Simmons (born December 18, 1970),

Tupac Amaru Shakur (born Lesane Parish Crooks; June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996)

Cameron 'Wiz Khalifa' Jibril Thomaz (born September 8, 1987)

Curtis '50 Cent' James Jackson III (born July 6, 1975)

Andre 'Dr. Dre' Romelle Young (born February 18, 1965)

Azealia "Miss Bank$" Amanda Banks (born May 31, 1991)

Juaquin "Waka Flocka Flame" James Malphurs (born May 31, 1986)

Maurice "Trick Daddy" Samuel Young (born September 23, 1973)

Marion "Suge" Knight, Jr. (born April 19, 1965)

James "Jimmy" Iovine (born March 11, 1953)

Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith (born; unknown)

Sean "Puff Daddy", "Diddy", "P. Diddy" John Combs (born November 4, 1969)

Dwayne "Lil Wayne" Michael Carter, Jr. (Born September 27, 1982)

Kanye Omari West (born June 8, 1977)

Shawn "Jay Z" Carter (born December 4, 1969)

Leslie "Freeway" Edward Pridgen (born 6 August 1978)

Jayceon 'The Game' Terrell Taylor (born November 29, 1979)

Christopher George Latore Wallace (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997), better known by his stage names The Notorious B.I.G., Biggie or Biggie Smalls,

William 'Rick Ross' Leonard Roberts II (born January 28, 1976)

Onika "Nicki Minaj" Tanya Maraj (born December 8, 1982)

Tyler "Tyler, The Creator" Gregory Okonma (born March 6, 1991)

Michael "Killer Mike" Render (born April 20, 1975)

Jonathan "Lil Jon" Smith (born January 17, 1971)

Christopher "Ludacris" Brian Bridges (born September 11, 1977)

Willie "Fetty Wap" Maxwell (born June 7, 1990)

Calvin "Snoop Dogg" Cordozar Broadus Jr.(born October 20, 1971) Snoop Dogg

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth (born June 17, 1987)

O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson, Sr. (born June 15, 1969)

Jeffrey "Young Thug" Williams (born August 9, 1992)

Armando "Pitbull" Christian Pérez (born January 15, 1981)

Jeffrey "Ja Rule" Atkins (born February 29, 1976) Hollis

Rakim "ASAP Rocky" Mayers (born October 3, 1988) harlem

Olubowale "Wale" Victor Akintimehin (born September 21, 1984),

Justin 'Big K.R.I.T.' Scott (born August 26, 1986),

Jacques "Travis Scott" Webster (born April 30, 1992)

Keith "Chief Keef" Cozart (born August 15, 1995)

Cheland "Rhymefest" Smith (born; July 6, 1977)

Chancelor "Chance the Rapper" Bennett (born April 16, 1993)

Antoine "Ace Hood" McColister (born May 11, 1988)

Sean "Big Sean" Michael Leonard Anderson (born March 25, 1988)

Lil Herb (born Herbert Wright (born October 8, 1995)

American Rap Producers Ignoring/Promoting Child Abuse!

Disir, you write "It's [Rap] a lifestyle....Does life imitate art or does art imitate life?"

Do you or do you not recognize a significant number of American rappers write about their real life experiences that include witnessing and promoting drug abuse or sales, gun violence, demeaning put-downs of their less fortunate neighbors, characterizing their moms and grandmas as bitches and whores and glorifying violence toward peaceful people.

In the 60s I grew up listening to Motown musicians performing beautiful music espousing peace, harmony and love for women. Their music conditioned me to believe they are good people, well deserving of my admiration and respect for making me smile and want to experience the joys of life.

Today, 10-yr-old kids listen to African American music performers sharing real life experiences that include the dysfunctions and anti-social behaviors I wrote about above.

Kids today may like the beats rappers create, though I have to wonder what opinions children form about the values, sanity or peacefulness embraced by men and women who characterize our moms as bitches and whores.

Peace.

No Too Short?

Ice-T came from a two parent home and had a good relationship with his parents until he lost them.

The rappers that came out in the 80s and early 90s were writing about some of the experiences that they had. The ones that followed later not so much. That has drawn criticism from many of the old school rappers as well as other entertainers, writers and political figures. In response to the rappers that characterized women as bitches an whores was the rise of female rappers and, of course, Tipper Gore with the PMRC.

It's scapegoating. The vast majority of lyrics in any genre is BS (Can you prove that Eazy E sold dope?) But, that is a free speech issue and there have been multiple attempts to control it and or hold it responsible. It is the controversy that sells it.
NWA- Art or Irresponsibility an Intv w/ Eazy E & Ice Cube - Hip-Hop and Politics

Jurors Acquit 2 Live Crew in Obscenity Case
Judas Priest Suicide Trial Article

Rap never told anyone to steal, rob or murder. Even if you could locate lyrics that gave instructions you can't prove that this was the cause. Every genre is the ill of the day. Every one of them. The Rite of Spring Riot of 1913 and those dancers:
Why People Rioted During Igor Stravinsky's 'Rite of Spring'

The reality is that there are many, many things that influence children. Many children go to school, graduate and go on to fulfilling careers because mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, brothers, fathers, uncles, grandfathers, teachers and cops and fireman and business owners and ministers and writers influenced them.

We can have long conversations on intrinsic versus extrinsic motivation. We can have discussions on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. We can talk about teen brains not being fully developed until about 26. We can talk about about the impact of jobs being outsourced and the political policies that decide if, what, and when items are accomplished. We can talk about immigration impacting what is available. We can even talk about how stop and frisk policies that are requested by someone inside the communities and then stopped by others in the communities have an impact. We can talk about exploitation for political purposes.
We can talk about parents giving up custody of their children simply to get them treatment:
MENTAL CARE POOR FOR SOME CHILDREN IN STATE CUSTODY

We can talk about the number of males that are diagnosed with ADHD at a very young age by pediatricians so that they can sit still in school because they have to choke down more information than they ever have before which is totally against normal childhood behavior....and the ramifications of those drugs on the brain.

By lifestyle I mean staying out all night, partying and dropping out of school, no rules and immediate gratification. Sex, drugs and rock and roll. I mean rap. Gang culture is sooo cool because I am somebody and I am protected by somebody.

And a lot of these impact all communities. Kids make comparisons between everyone they encounter.

Much relies on personal responsibility. These are not overly simplistic issues.

No, they're not simple problems, and what we have here is an all too common confusion between cause and effect. It is an effect, though. Hip Hop is the product of a subculture caught in a downward spiral.

We can have long conversations on intrinsic versus extrinsic motivation.

Disir, with all due respect, currently the only talk I am interested in hearing is from elected and community leaders telling the American people what action they are taking to prevent people in these videos from making more videos sharing their emotional pain while railing at the sub culture of immature, females who emotionally damage a substantial number of American children by irresponsibly birthing children out of selfishness instead of love.

Video Archive - American Men & Women Sharing Thoughts About Some African American Women & Moms

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

No, they're not simple problems, and what we have here is an all too common confusion between cause and effect. It is an effect, though. Hip Hop is the product of a subculture caught in a downward spiral.

It isn't the cause though. Legally it can't be fought. Even if he could get producers to engage in self censorship it will simply drive it "underground". Hip Hop is all about the cash and building up a rather fictitious persona to make the cash. So, sure let them spend the money to pass a law and then spend the money to watch it get thrown out by the Supreme Court. Wash, rinse, repeat. I really, really don't understand why, as a nation, we have to do this twenty times.

The reason that we don't make any progress is because of the inability to correctly identify the issue, recognize what has not worked in the past, articulate the necessary measures to be taken and fund it.

Maybe you can explain to him the money that has been rolling out the changes nationwide and dragging little "puff puff pass" folks into eating it up.

We can have long conversations on intrinsic versus extrinsic motivation.

Disir, with all due respect, currently the only talk I am interested in hearing is from elected and community leaders telling the American people what action they are taking to prevent people in these videos from making more videos sharing their emotional pain while railing at the sub culture of immature, females who emotionally damage a substantial number of American children by irresponsibly birthing children out of selfishness instead of love.

Intrinsic v extrinsic motivation. Learn it, live it, love it.
Project Prevention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this time, start targeting males. Because:
9-year-old boy shot execution-style in alley targeted by gang members, police say

and repeat after me, "There are no mitigating factors."

I'm sure that you will find a few leaders to pay lip service if you can manage not to alienate an entire gender. Maybe you will win a "committee" of about 10+ people that have individual agendas and, for all intensive purposes, can't stand each other and in about 3-12 months you might get something that doesn't actually do anything.

It isn't that I don't understand where you are coming from. I do. I absolutely admire your passion. I just live in a world that has limited parameters and it is vital to work with what is available and to do so immediately.

Forum List

Back