Is personal responsibility important in a free society?

Is personal responsibility important in a free society?

• Total voters
I think it definently is, when I was in the Military I saw how it was when other adults made decisions for you and it sucks, people need to be responsible and accountable for themselves, period.

Yes it is....I'm responsible for myself. The choices i make will affect my life, and my family. I'm free to make whatever choices i want. If i make a bad choice, I'm responsible for it. I can't blame anyone else. Well, i could, but I'd be a hypocrite. If i let someone make my decisions for me, then all i am is a slave.

I think it definently is, when I was in the Military I saw how it was when other adults made decisions for you and it sucks, people need to be responsible and accountable for themselves, period.

That sums it up pretty well for me. But tolerance, in my view is the bookend to personal responsibility in holding up a free society. You need a healthy dose of each.

NO!!! I expect to be taken care of from craddle to grave by my government. In fact, when I take a poop, I'd like my congressman to come over and wipe my butt.

In fact, when I take a poop, I'd like my congressman to come over and wipe my butt.

Be sensible. If the congressman doesn't wipe your butt but instead HIRES someone to wipe your butt...you've just created a job. Hey...I guess shovel-ready jobs really do exist!

NO!!! I expect to be taken care of from craddle to grave by my government. In fact, when I take a poop, I'd like my congressman to come over and wipe my butt.

Well, what goes on between you and your congressmen on a 'personal' level is certainly none of my business... ;)

I guess it depends on what you mean by the word "free"

Some feel that their lives should be afforded to them for "free" just based on the fact that they are breathing.

Each and every person should be held to some type of personal responsibility for their actions and lives.

Forum List

Back