Is Pelosi Reading The Tealeaves?

Right. Because the last time the Republicans took Congress, they didn't try to impeach the President for getting blown in office. It's not like that's something that Pelosi could be referring to.

Read history much? Clinton was brought up on charges for what?

Bill Clinton, President of the United States, was impeached by the House of Representatives on December 19, 1998, and acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999. The charges, perjury, obstruction of justice, and malfeasance in office, arose from the Monica Lewinsky scandal and the Paula Jones lawsuit.

Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pelosi also isn't President.

Yes, for perjury over a sex scandal, and sex scandals are hardly illegal. It isn't at all possible that that's what Pelosi meant by subpoenas and investigations that are distracting to running the country? Clinton may have lied in court, but I would rather have a Congress working to legislate, and not impeach a president over something stupid.

I'd rather have a Congress that left as much alone as possible. We have plenty of laws. Perjury is not stupid, it is illegal and grounds for an impeachment. I'm sure an impeachment would really reek havoc on the professional sports drug enhancement hearings. What a shame.

Forum List

Back