Is Palin Running a Good Thing?

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
I mean good for the Republican Party. My first thought is that it would be better for Obama. Personally, I would never vote for her. I am a self-described conservative and I would most likely vote for a third party candidate rather than vote for her. I watched the interviews and I don’t believe Palin was snookered into appearing hopelessly clueless. What has she achieved since? She resigned as governor with over a year left. She participated in tea party rallies; rallies that she has nothing to do with. I haven’t heard her do anything but criticize, which is fine, but she hasn’t proposed any substantive solutions or anything of substance at all. I am still unimpressed with her interviews, I find her annoying.

Yet for some reason she is going to be center stage during the primary. I predict if she does run she is going to get slaughtered in the debate.

I mean good for the Republican Party. My first thought is that it would be better for Obama. Personally, I would never vote for her. I am a self-described conservative and I would most likely vote for a third party candidate rather than vote for her. I watched the interviews and I don’t believe Palin was snookered into appearing hopelessly clueless. What has she achieved since? She resigned as governor with over a year left. She participated in tea party rallies; rallies that she has nothing to do with. I haven’t heard her do anything but criticize, which is fine, but she hasn’t proposed any substantive solutions or anything of substance at all. I am still unimpressed with her interviews, I find her annoying.

Yet for some reason she is going to be center stage during the primary. I predict if she does run she is going to get slaughtered in the debate.

Sure it is. Let Obama and co waste their time and money attacking her then bring the real candidates in.

Frankly, I hope Palin doesn't run as it will splinter the conservative vote which, as of now, stands a good chance of coalescing around a candidate more likely to attract independent voters in the primary (i.e. Pawlenty). Palin running will likely secure the nomination for Romney. My concern in 2012 is winning the general election and whether the Republican nominee is Palin or any of the other candidates running, they will have my full support against Obama. Anyone conservative or Republican willing to stay home or vote third party should Palin win the nomination is in essence giving Obama their vote.

Personally, I think Palin can best maximize her strengths and minimize her weaknesses by acting as a fundraiser for other candidates and continuing her role as party cheerleader moreso than running for president. That said, the country would be far better off with her in the White House than with Obama.

Frankly, I hope Palin doesn't run as it will splinter the conservative vote which, as of now, stands a good chance of coalescing around a candidate more likely to attract independent voters in the primary (i.e. Pawlenty). Palin running will likely secure the nomination for Romney. My concern in 2012 is winning the general election and whether the Republican nominee is Palin or any of the other candidates running, they will have my full support against Obama. Anyone conservative or Republican willing to stay home or vote third party should Palin win the nomination is in essence giving Obama their vote.

Personally, I think Palin can best maximize her strengths and minimize her weaknesses by acting as a fundraiser for other candidates and continuing her role as party cheerleader moreso than running for president. That said, the country would be far better off with her in the White House than with Obama.

Don't call me Frankly, Shirley.

I think she's being underestimated, and that will work in her favor down the road.

The woman has a nice figure. I would definitely say that Palin running is a good thing

sarah+palin.jpg

Interesting.......a few on this thread are more interested in style than substance.

Good to know you're so shallow.

An appreciation for the fact that the woman is attractive doesn't mean I'd vote for her.

However........there are MANY people on this board that would vote for her because they think she's pretty.

Greed is never pretty.

Forum List

Back