Is Palin a pork queen?

I keep hearing that she was for the bridge to nowhere and that she procured 23 million for her town of 5,000 by hiring a lobbyist tied to Stevens...

I keep hearing both of these statements but noone fleshes out the truth on this... nor are those making the comments corrected...

She didn't say thanks but no thanks to the bridge.

She said Please, thank you, and THEN scrapped the project once it got into the national spotlight.

What makes her a queen is that she kept the money.

Its important to remember that Ted Stevens got the bridge to nowhere because it would have increased the value in a piece of property he owns.

That's like me putting a hot tub in my condo and charge my condo association claiming it increases the value of all our places.

I don't remember Mccain bitching at ted stevens. Stevens had to get caught on other bullshit.

She said Please, thank you, and THEN scrapped the project once it got into the national spotlight.

Its important to remember that Ted Stevens got the bridge to nowhere because it would have increased the value in a piece of property he owns.

That's like me putting a hot tub in my condo and charge my condo association claiming it increases the value of all our places.

I don't remember Mccain bitching at ted stevens. Stevens had to get caught on other bullshit.

Troll....
McCain says Stevens' indictment a "sad reminder" - Yahoo! Canada News
"Sen. McCain and Sen. Stevens have clashed famously over the appropriations process which Sen. McCain views as broken and subject to the type of corruption that has caused voters to lose faith with Washington, and as he mentions near daily on the campaign trail, has resulted in former members of Congress residing in federal prison," Wallace said.

"Sen. McCain has fought loudly and often alone against corruption and wasteful spending and this is a sad reminder that the next president will have his work cut out for him in rebuilding public trust by ending once and for all pork barrel spending and by reforming the federal government from top to bottom," she said.

At a town hall meeting in Aurora, Colorado, McCain did not directly address the Stevens indictment but said Americans' gas taxes funded "things like a bridge in Alaska to an island with 50 people on it. That's $233 million, by the way."

Funding for the "Bridge to Nowhere," which became a symbol of government waste, was included in appropriations legislation at the request of Stevens.

Last September, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin announced the state would abandon the federally financed project and focus on other needs.

Of course in Democratic lala land what you said may be true huh?

Now do I have to look up links that prove she didn't pose in a red/white and blue bikini with a rifle, and her son Trig isn't her grandson as well?

This is just a huge waste of time.
yes, it is, just point and laugh
thats all he is worthy of

She said...first, "thanks"
Then upon review said, "No thanks"

Gosh, almost word for word what she said in her speech.

Morons.

So I guess you think it isn't credible because it's ALASKAN?

Bigot.

Thank you for the offensive attack, but no thats not why I think its not credible, Its not credible because it is obviously an emic way of looking at things. Not to say its an ethnography or has anything to do with it, but it really looks at things from a single perspective, you know the perspective that a paper from the home town of the governor now running for VP would have. Why WOULDN'T they do anything possible to cover her tracks and get her elected. Same goes for the New York Times, why wouldn't they back Hillary for the nomination? Make the connection?

[for the less gifted : An "emic" account is a description of behavior or a belief in terms meaningful (consciously or unconsciously) to the actor; that is, an emic account is culture-specific.]

Last edited:
Good grief.

Someone get this goofball magnetic springy-ball things to play with.

Thank you for the offensive attack, but no thats not why I think its not credible, Its not credible because it is obviously an emic way of looking at things. Not to say its an ethnography or has anything to do with it, but it really looks at things from a single perspective, you know the perspective that a paper from the home town of the governor now running for VP would have. Why WOULDN'T they do anything possible to cover her tracks and get her elected. Same goes for the New York Times, why wouldn't they back Hillary for the nomination? Make the connection?

[for the less gifted : An "emic" account is a description of behavior or a belief in terms meaningful (consciously or unconsciously) to the actor; that is, an emic account is culture-specific.]
um, Anchorage ISNT her home town

Good grief.

Someone get this goofball magnetic springy-ball things to play with.

Predictable response. Followed by the token "negative rep". Its okay, we forgive you clone. Anyone on this board have something of foundation to respond with? This board has really changed since I was last posting here. Where is Gunny? Where is Jillian? Where is actsnoblematin? Those users had something to say.

Predictable response. Followed by the token "negative rep". Its okay, we forgive you clone. Anyone on this board have something of foundation to respond with? This board has really changed since I was last posting here. Where is Gunny? Where is Jillian? Where is actsnoblematin? Those users had something to say.
btw, you make so many errors, it doesnt TAKE much to refute your stupid posts

you post moronic nonsense and expect serious debate?
seek out professional help, you REALLY need it

Thats perfect, that makes 9 predictable foundation-less, offensive responses that I have collected from you. Keep up the good work, seeing as nobody usually lowers themselves to attack mode quite as quickly as you do. You can always negative rep me if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Last edited:

Bobo, what are you talking about she kept the money? Where are you getting this info?

Actually, I neg repped you before the post.

The royal "We"?

Likewise I find you predictable, boring, and not worth the time it takes to debunk you....when you make sense, that is.

Are you and Allie the same poster?

All you two do is insult people.

Forum List

Back