Is Obama's Narcissism a National Security Concern?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

We have a leader who has a narcissistic personality which has been proven over and over again. Articles by psychiatrists and psychologists have written at length about his disorder making it an issue that it’s dangerous for America to have such a person at the helm of leadership. That has been evidenced by some of his quotes:

1. As part of his reasoning for coming out, once again, in favor of gay marriage, Obama described his concern for gay “soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf…”

Fighting on his behalf? Our troops put themselves in harm’s way for Barack Obama? …. But to say that our military fights on his behalf -- instead of on the behalf of the nation -- reawakens concerns about the deep and abiding narcissism observed from the early days of Obama’s rapid rise to power.

2. "The issue here is not gonna be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln."

3. The narcissist label seems to stick even more because of Obama’s own words. Back on December 9, 2011, President Obama was asked during a “60 Minutes” interview about his accomplishments. President Obama said:
And remember, in December 2009 President Obama told Oprah Winfrey that he would give himself a “good, solid B-plus” for his first year as president.

4. The rumors around Washington reinforce the image that Obama is a narcissist. In Jodi Kantor’s “The Obamas,” a picture of Obama the man begins to come into focus:

Obama had always had a high estimation of his ability to cast and run his operation. When David Plouffe, his campaign manager, first interviewed for a job with him in 2006, the senator gave him a warning: “I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,” he said. “It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.” Obama said nearly the same thing to Patrick Gaspard, whom he hired to be the campaign’s political director. “I think I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,” Obama told him. “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director

5. Jim Geraghty reminds people that this was not a “momentary lapse into egoism.” Prior to Arkansas Democratic Rep. Marion Berry’s retirement in 2010, Berry recounted meetings between himself and White House officials:
“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good [the midterm election] was going to be. The president himself, when [the possibility of a Republican landslide in the 2010 midterms] was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.”

6. The narcissistic personality is defined by characteristics such as an inflated sense of one’s importance, unrealistic fantasies of power and success, the need for constant approval and acceptance, and difficulty handling criticism from others. Narcissism is different from healthy self-esteem; people who simply have strong self-esteem can realistically evaluate their shortcomings as well as their strengths. Such people are not likely to describe their impact upon the world in messianic terms, as Obama did during the 2008 campaign when he prophesied that his election would be remembered by future generations as “the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”

Combine that kind of language with the imperial trappings of what was intended to be a public servant’s job, then throw in a fawning news media (this more so in Obama's case than his predecessor's), and we have a brew that could impair the judgment of even the most centered occupant of the Oval Office. For a narcissist, however, that brew can be intoxicating to the point that the security of the nation is threatened.

Note the Whitehouse leaks of top secret leaks to movie producers to paint him in a favorable light… An act of Congress had to be executed to refuse Obama to give the Russians our top secret military information!

And a nation with tragic levels of unemployment does not need to have its business leaders lectured by a politician who has never met a payroll. To the extent that his catastrophic policies are driven by his narcissistic exaggeration of his abilities and power, the nation is being pushed ever closer to economic Armageddon by the outsized ego of Barack Obama.
Obama’s ego cannot change the laws of economics, nature, or of Nature’s God.

Read more: Going after President Obama’s narcissism | The Daily Caller

Read more: Going after President Obama’s narcissism | The Daily Caller
Once glowing, his press is now burning. “To a very real degree, 2008’s candidate of hope stands poised to become 2012’s candidate of fear,” John Heilemann wrote in New York magazine, noting that because Obama feels he can’t run on his record, his campaign will resort to nuking Romney.

By choosing the "nuclear option," Obama is demonstrating do-or-die fanaticism. This makes for great TV football, but it's very dangerous for the man in the biggest power seat in the world. We are seeing Obama the Radical taking over from Obama the Pragmatist -- if that one ever really existed. From what we know about his fanatical associates like Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright, sacrificing the Democratic Party majority in Congress would be only a small price to pay. The question is what real damage Obama may do to the country. This man has been entrusted with the greatest power in the world. He will have that power for the next three years at least. But he may not be able to emotionally tolerate any real limits on his need for self-aggrandizement and power. And still he can't be allowed to beat the country into submission.
Archived-Articles: Obama's Malignant Narcissism

Well, have we witnessed “the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”

No, we have witnessed the most divisive president, with failed economic policies, failed foreign policies, and debt that continues to rise without disdain. He offers no solutions for the future except, "Stay with me."

He hasn't given us any reason to do so, but plenty of reasons not to.

note this idiot is calling him Narcissistic.

hes attacking his personality and in a way that attracts racists.

Oh that uppity black man who thinks too much of himself, doesnt he know blacks are inferior.

its race baiting slime

snopes.com: Dr. Sam Vaknin - Barack Obama Is a Narcissist

Noted psychologist talks about Obama's narcissism...

Sam Vaknin is careful to include a disclaimer on his web site stating that he is "NOT a mental health professional" (his CV lists no training, degree, or clinical experience in psychology, and his "Dr." title derives from a doctorate in philosophy obtained from the unaccredited Pacific Western University), and he notes in his introduction to the article cited in the preceding paragraph that "only a qualified mental health diagnostician can determine whether someone suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and this, following lengthy tests and personal interviews."

noted

snopes.com: Dr. Sam Vaknin - Barack Obama Is a Narcissist

Noted psychologist talks about Obama's narcissism...

Sam Vaknin is careful to include a disclaimer on his web site stating that he is "NOT a mental health professional" (his CV lists no training, degree, or clinical experience in psychology, and his "Dr." title derives from a doctorate in philosophy obtained from the unaccredited Pacific Western University), and he notes in his introduction to the article cited in the preceding paragraph that "only a qualified mental health diagnostician can determine whether someone suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and this, following lengthy tests and personal interviews."

noted

I stand corrected, Vaknin is not a noted psychologist. Thank you, L.K..

New Topics

Forum List

Back