Is Obamacare a good or bad thing?

i of course had no use for it simply because of being FORCED to pay for it with a Mandate to pay . Now that that Mandate is gone , i don't care one way or the other EMike .

As a victim of obozocare I will assure you it is a complete disaster and it was designed to be. Once the leftist sociopaths have destroyed the last of the free market hospitals in the US they will demand the "universal" system that has people in the UK waiting for months for simple procedures.

Those who want taxpayers to pay for their healthcare hate it, if you don't have health ins you pay a fine.

Its a good thing, the first time insurance companies could not charge more for pre-existing conditions, or cap ins.

a healthcare beggar begging for some healthcare eh ?? --- :afro:

Last edited:
It's not perfect, largely due to Republicans doing their damndest to sabotage it at every turn, but it's a good thing all-in-all.

As a Brit, I'm wondering who's right; Trump for saying Obamacare is bad, or his opponents for saying it's good?

Put it this way does the average Brit have 3,895 pounds ($5,000 US) sitting around every year to pay the deductible?

Neither does the average American, it's not health care.

Our Brit National Health Service is completely free (well we pay for it painlessly with our taxes but you see what I mean), so as a matter of interest why doesn't America adopt the same system?
Hey, if you're an American in need of medical treatment, hop on a plane and fly to Britain to get treated free, sure you'll have to pay the air fare but it might work out cheaper in the long run than paying big bucks to have it done in the US.
In fact there are a steady stream of foreign "health tourists" who come here for just such a purpose..:)

If it was as bad as the republicans say it is, it would be gone by now.

But why isn't it?

Because republicans are useless at doing anything other than giving tax cuts to billionaires.

The NHS is free, repeat free, so it can't be bad..;)

I'd rather pay and get shit done when I need it done than wait months and possibly die while doing so for "free".

Furthermore, the only people who "painlessly" pay taxes, are people who don't work or earn anything anyway.

I'd call a %20 basic tax rate theft.

What say you , Mike.

Is your "free" healthcare as bad as our right wingers say it is or are they talking out their asses as usual?

As a Brit, I'm wondering who's right; Trump for saying Obamacare is bad, or his opponents for saying it's good?

Trump wanted to pass Obamacare 2.0. It would have added billions of taxpayer dollars to Obamacare, I think around 85 billion, if I recall right, and the only difference is that it would have been the states who allocate the money.

Thank goodness for Senator Rand Paul and company last time they tried that.

For the most part, the electorate rarely reads legislation over here. At thousands of pages, you can't really blame them. Heck, sometimes Congress doesn't even get a chance to read them before a vote.

And, of course, the corporate media sells it by trivializing the legislation. Really, media rolls with the tried and true red helmets versus blue helmets narrative and that's what drives discussion. "We have to pass the bill to see what's in it'' kind of deal. lol. Crazy.

Last edited:
It's not perfect, largely due to Republicans doing their damndest to sabotage it at every turn, but it's a good thing all-in-all.
Right liar. It was republicans who forced people to pay a tax if they could not afford insurance.

Right liar. It was republicans who forced people to pay a tax if they could not afford insurance.

Well, they were the first to do it, with "Romneycare" in Massachusetts. But ACA is all on the Democrats. Not a single Republican voted for it.

i of course had no use for it simply because of being FORCED to pay for it with a Mandate to pay . Now that that Mandate is gone , i don't care one way or the other EMike .
Like car insurance. Everyone with the car is forced to pay for car insurance. Everyone with a body is forced to pay for healthcare.

Well, they were the first to do it, with "Romneycare" in Massachusetts. But ACA is all on the Democrats. Not a single Republican voted for it.
Of course not. Republicans were ordered by their leadership to vote against anything Obama wanted to do. They were desperately trying to ruin his presidency to keep him from being elected a second time. It didn’t work. Republicans put party before country always.

Forum List

Back