Is Obama trying to hard to appease the Republicans

Except if you're Phil Berg and you are submitting papers to the Supreme Court to challenge Obama's eligibility to be president.

Then wiki works. LOL.

And Canadian birth certificates signed by Dudley Do-Right :lol:

I don't think Jay Canuck will be very happy with you.:eusa_whistle:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sadly, I'm not kidding. Philip Berg included this:

obama_canadian_bc.jpg

with his documents filed in his lawsuit Berg v Obama.

I shit you not.

philip berg dudley doright - Google Search

The republicans were against social security, and medicare.

Screw the republicans. They will go down in history as the party that are against the people especially considering they are against this health care bill.

Screw the republicans.

Screw the republicans. They will go down in history as the party that are against the people especially considering they are against this health care bill.

Screw the republicans.

I know, it really sucks. I'm running out of wheelchairs to push old people off the cliff with......*shaking head in consternation*

Obama's goal from the beginning is to have healthcare reform that would have bipartisan support.
The Republicans have shown no sign to budge off the no public option.
Obama anxious to have collaboration has hinted at dropping the public option.
The Democrats and many pundits feel he is compromising too early.

He is showing good faith but it not being reciprocated by the opposition.

I don't believe the hallmark of good legislation is how much each sides ends up compromising. You just end up with a watered down bill that doesn't really do what either side wants. In the case of healthcare reform, the current legislation is just plain bad and Republicans shouldn't even consider budging. And IMO I don't think Obama should be compromising either. He just doesn't have the votes if sticks to the hardline he would like to. Also, doing so only helps the Republicans because it reveals to America his true colors and just what a far leftists he is.

Screw the republicans.
I say screw the conservatives. There are some decent Republicans.

The Conservatives are the ones who have always been against progress and the people.
Hell they were against Women's suffrage, Child labor laws,, the Clean Water Act, the Voting Rights Act, The Civil Rights Act, Head Start,
Collective bargaining rights, the 40-hour work week, Social Security...

^The list goes on.

It's who they are. It's what they do.

The Conservatives are the ones who have always been against progress and the people.
Hell they were against Women's suffrage, Child labor laws,, the Clean Water Act, the Voting Rights Act, The Civil Rights Act, Head Start,

^The list goes on.

Generalize much?

^The list goes on.

Generalize much?
There is nothing incorrect in my statement.

Screw the republicans.

I know, it really sucks. I'm running out of wheelchairs to push old people off the cliff with......*shaking head in consternation*
you mean you actually let the chair go too?
you need to return to training on how to do it right

:lol:

Talking the talk is not walking the walk. Would you care to demonstrate any effort of Obama trying to work with the repubs? Can you show where he has brought any 'groups' together and moved forward?
I am still waiting for him to acknowledge the 52% of the population that did not vote for him. Apparently, he has chosen to ignore them; could we stop supporting him with our taxes now?
He is not interested in working 'with' anyone. His talk, his deeds all say he is interested in having people work 'for' him. The concept that he works for the citizens of this country seems to elude him.

I am still waiting for him to acknowledge the 52% of the population that did not vote for him.

And which election was that???
Are you including those too young to vote in that 52%??

I am still waiting for him to acknowledge the 52% of the population that did not vote for him.

And which election was that???
Are you including those too young to vote in that 52%??
hmmm, not sure where they got that number
52% of the VOTERS DID vote for him
but if you count those that didn't vote that were eligible, then you need to add a lot more to that number because of the VOTERS 48% didnt vote for Obama, and only about 60% of those able to vote actually voted

Talking the talk is not walking the walk. Would you care to demonstrate any effort of Obama trying to work with the repubs? Can you show where he has brought any 'groups' together and moved forward?
I am still waiting for him to acknowledge the 52% of the population that did not vote for him. Apparently, he has chosen to ignore them; could we stop supporting him with our taxes now?
He is not interested in working 'with' anyone. His talk, his deeds all say he is interested in having people work 'for' him. The concept that he works for the citizens of this country seems to elude him.

Too many Republican lawmakers have the same extremely negative mind set you do. They reject any attempts to work together with the other side. Too many democratic congessman are the same way but Obama has made attempts to find middle ground.

He started with his cabinet by including Republicans where he could. Within his first month he had meetings with the Republican caucas. Bush did not do the same with Democrats in 8 years.

He has deferred his war mangement to a conservativce pentagon leadership team.

Do you think the liberals want a healthcare plan that is a partnership between private and public. No way. They want a single payer government run system. He has even floated eliminating the public option and replace with a co-op option. The majority of Democrats do not like that.

Open up your eyes. Your mind is so poisoned with negativity there is nothing Obama could do to satisfy you.

Why is that.

Republicans better get on board, or the Dems will ram a partisan bill through both chambes, and Obama will sell it. Then they will campaign next year that , "Republicans hate the common man and woman, look what the Pubs would not do for you."

Republicans better get on board, or the Dems will ram a partisan bill through both chambes, and Obama will sell it. Then they will campaign next year that , "Republicans hate the common man and woman, look what the Pubs would not do for you."
go for it

Too many Republican lawmakers have the same extremely negative mind set you do. They reject any attempts to work together with the other side. Too many democratic congessman are the same way but Obama has made attempts to find middle ground.

He started with his cabinet by including Republicans where he could. Within his first month he had meetings with the Republican caucas. Bush did not do the same with Democrats in 8 years.

He has deferred his war mangement to a conservativce pentagon leadership team.

Do you think the liberals want a healthcare plan that is a partnership between private and public. No way. They want a single payer government run system. He has even floated eliminating the public option and replace with a co-op option. The majority of Democrats do not like that.

Open up your eyes. Your mind is so poisoned with negativity there is nothing Obama could do to satisfy you.

Why is that.

To paraphrase one of my favorite movies, Independence Day, There is a fine line between hiding behind princple and standing behind it.

While I am sure that some are hiding behind it, in the GOP, there are also those that are standing behind it.

Forum List

Back