Is Obama trying to hard to appease the Republicans

The internet is not full of total BS when you are doing citations searches. [I know you are on record as thinking the US Code for the Federal Communications Act is iffy, but you are a rare......somethingorother]. I mean goddamn, you can search all Federal cases unless some gag order is on. You can file Federal cases electronically. Most municipalities have searchable databases now. I have to say that any url that has dotgove or dotorg has NEVER given me a sniffle. You're paranoic to be contrary, to the point of absurdity.

And if people can come on here and blow shit to others how they have insurance and the people who don't are just lazy ignorant fucks because they don't, I can turn that around and say, well now, you can't read and understand the proposed legislation? TFB, go hire a lawyer. It's about the same thing don't you think? I got my education, now go get yours.

Of course I'm really not like that. I've offered plenty of info to you, specifically, and you went on and on about how you can get tangled up in the interwebs. I gave the citation and the derivation's source but nooooooo, I was plotting to get you hooked into some evil slanted scheme!!! I'm lying intentionally by telling you where to find something that doesn't contain any opinion whatsoever, just plain statutes. Geez I'm horrible.:cuckoo:
yeah, and for every reliable, truthful site there are probably 10 that are full of shit

yeah, keep believeing that "if it on the internet, it MUST be true"
:rolleyes:

and you lie when you make the claim that i said the US Code was "iffy"
i never said it
i may have said you SOURCE, if not a .gov site was likely iffy

This is the one I use; it's easy to navigate and it's reliable.

LII: U.S. Code: Home
i've used that before as well
i would call that a reliable source

what i DONT consider a reliable site is thinkprogress, dailyKOS, Huffington post, newsmax, WND
and several other

Thomas.gov is a good place to go as well. It's site given to law students during research classes, along w/Westlaw and Lexis.

Obama's goal from the beginning is to have healthcare reform that would have bipartisan support.
The Republicans have shown no sign to budge off the no public option.
Obama anxious to have collaboration has hinted at dropping the public option.
The Democrats and many pundits feel he is compromising too early.

He is showing good faith but it not being reciprocated by the opposition.

The government shouldn't be allowed to compete with the private sector. But hey, if you believe health care is a Right, then I guess that makes it okay.

what i DONT consider a reliable site is thinkprogress, dailyKOS, Huffington post, newsmax, WND
and several other

Those aren't sources for statutes, they are news/opinion sites. Any of them is a valid source for citing the location for a particular opinion if that is where the author of that opinion originally or cooperatively posted that opinion.

When you asked me to prove that the FCC doesn't issue network licenses to non-citizens, I went to the FCC site and found the application form, and the pertinent part of that form that addressed our argument. It didn't look like an opinion. We weren't discussing opinions. The form contained all the pertinent info about its parent code. Then you were free to track it down yourself on any of a plethora of sites, including ones from the US gov't and various other private legal sites, like lexus nexus. Since you don't trust me, or you don't want to, you can do some legwork yourself and dis/prove it to yourself using whatever source you like using.

and several other

Those aren't sources for statutes, they are news/opinion sites. Any of them is a valid source for citing the location for a particular opinion if that is where the author of that opinion originally or cooperatively posted that opinion.

When you asked me to prove that the FCC doesn't issue network licenses to non-citizens, I went to the FCC site and found the application form, and the pertinent part of that form that addressed our argument. It didn't look like an opinion. We weren't discussing opinions. The form contained all the pertinent info about its parent code. Then you were free to track it down yourself on any of a plethora of sites, including ones from the US gov't and various other private legal sites, like lexus nexus. Since you don't trust me, or you don't want to, you can do some legwork yourself and dis/prove it to yourself using whatever source you like using.
sorry, but you didnt link to that site till after i rejected your opinion piece site

next

yeah, and for every reliable, truthful site there are probably 10 that are full of shit

yeah, keep believeing that "if it on the internet, it MUST be true"
:rolleyes:

and you lie when you make the claim that i said the US Code was "iffy"
i never said it
i may have said you SOURCE, if not a .gov site was likely iffy

and several other

Well, like wiki, that depends on their sources. IF they are well sourced with links to reliable sources, then ok.

and several other

Well, like wiki, that depends on their sources. IF they are well sourced with links to reliable sources, then ok.
Wiki can be ok
i've even used it
but sometimes i use it to find the actual source they quote from

and several other

Wiki can be ok
i've even used it

I don't use it unless I either know that it's correct or I've checked the source links first.

and several other

Wiki can be ok
i've even used it

To get to a source, yes,maybe. I don't know of a single college or university professor who will accept it as a source for research papers.

Wiki can be ok
i've even used it

To get to a source, yes,maybe. I don't know of a single college or university professor who will accept it as a source for research papers.

Well, Lord no.

and several other

sorry, but you didnt link to that site till after i rejected your opinion piece site

next

I didn't link to it period. I gave you the form number and the governmental authority. Like I said, if I cited IRS Form 1040, I figured you'd have the wherewithal to find it yourself. I overestimated you. I was wrong. Bad me.

He sure didn't on the stimulus bill, the omnibus bill, the cap and trade bill, why now? Let me tell you , his own moderate democrats are bailing on him. Conrad a democrat senator stated very clearly, " the public option has got to go." It really boils down to the American people, dems, independents and republicans who are not going to stand for 7% of our economy being taken over by a bunch of morons who could not run a profitable neighborhood lemonade stand.

Only 37% of Americans support his plan according to recent polling data and that is going lower by the minute. He is attempting to appease his own party. He won't be able to do that either, the far left, Pelosi, Reid and several others won't vote for a bill that does not have the TAKE OVER aspect in it and moderate and conservative democrats will not vote for a bill with the TAKE OVER in it. To hell with the republicans, Obama could care less about them, this is ALL about appeasing his own party.

Last edited:
Wiki can be ok
i've even used it

Well, Lord no.
Except if you're Phil Berg and you are submitting papers to the Supreme Court to challenge Obama's eligibility to be president.

Then wiki works. LOL.

He sure didn't on the stimulus bill, the omnibus bill, the cap and trade bill, why now? Let me tell you , his own moderate democrats are bailing on him. Conrad a democrat senator stated very clearly, " the public option has got to go." It really boils down to the American people, dems, independents and republicans who are not going to stand for 7% of our economy being taken over by a bunch of morons who could not run a profitable neighborhood lemonade stand.

Only 37% of Americans support his plan according to recent polling data and that is going lower by the minute. He is attempting to appease his own party. He won't be able to do that either, the far left, Pelosi, Reid and several others won't vote for a bill that does not have the TAKE OVER aspect in it and moderate and conservative democrats will not vote for a bill with the TAKE OVER in it. To hell with the republicans, Obama could care less about them, this is ALL about appeasing his own party.

The same poll shows approx 22% of the population approves of the way the republican congeress is approaching healthcare.
There is no doubt we need healthcare reform. The Republicans need to emphasize their fix rather than just tearing down the Democratic congress's bill (not Obama's bill)

Obama's goal from the beginning is to have healthcare reform that would have bipartisan support.
The Republicans have shown no sign to budge off the no public option.
Obama anxious to have collaboration has hinted at dropping the public option.
The Democrats and many pundits feel he is compromising too early.

He is showing good faith but it not being reciprocated by the opposition.

You need to lay off that crack, bubba. It's not good for you. Obviously.

Well, Lord no.
Except if you're Phil Berg and you are submitting papers to the Supreme Court to challenge Obama's eligibility to be president.

Then wiki works. LOL.

And Canadian birth certificates signed by Dudley Do-Right :lol:

It is not hard to placate appeasers. And in my opinion, that is what the representation in Washington consists of (as a whole). Pathetic appeasers.

Forum List

Back