Is Obama trying to hard to appease the Republicans

I've liked and supported my Republican Congressman for as long as he's served.

I'm beginning to get a bit pissed at him, though. There's been a big change in him, and I don't like it. (and yeah, Dive, I told him so too lol)
do you get an actual response? or just another form letter?

I'm beginning to get a bit pissed at him, though. There's been a big change in him, and I don't like it. (and yeah, Dive, I told him so too lol)

I've never received a 'form letter' from him. Either a phone call or letter that actually addresses my concern.

I've never received a 'form letter' from him. Either a phone call or letter that actually addresses my concern.
aah, you have a republican
i cant get anything but a form letter up here
and the form letter doesnt even come close to answering my concerns

Get that from the Dems I write here, too. Maybe it's a Southern thing? Mark Warner and Jim Webb responded in such a way that I knew they'd read (or at least their staff had read) what I'd said.

But John Warner and George Allen? They NEVER sent me anything but a form letter. I'd send letters/emails asking about issues, telling what I supported, whatever... and they would send back the form letter talking about something I never even mentioned. I'm so damned glad those idiots are gone.

Last edited:
I'm not eligible for any farm subsidies so talking to my congressman would be useless because he is all about stuff that doesn't affect me. This is one county from DC and he's all rural electrification/farm subsidies/EMPs yada yada booooring......he'd rather [and his redneck panhandle supporters] make the state lose money because he wants to pinch every penny.

Don't have any cows. Not that cows aren't nice, of course.

Get that from the Dems I write here, too. Maybe it's a Southern thing? Mark Warner and Jim Webb responded in such a way that I knew they'd read (or at least their staff had read) what I'd said.

But John Warner and George Allen? They NEVER sent me anything but a form letter. I'd send letters/emails asking about issues, telling what I supported, whatever... and they would send back the form letter talking about something I never even mentioned. I'm so damned glad those idiots are gone.
might be, i get the same unrelated form letters from my 2 senators too
they are officially republicans, but they vote with the dems over 60% of the time

So we're neighbors!!!! I'm on the north side of the Potomac. Nice to meetja!!!

I used to have a girlfriend who went out with John Warner. She was like 27 at the time and he was already a fossil. I never understood it.

So we're neighbors!!!! I'm on the north side of the Potomac. Nice to meetja!!!

I used to have a girlfriend who went out with John Warner. She was like 27 at the time and he was already a fossil. I never understood it.
lol

Oh dear!

Yeah, we're neighbors :)

I dated a guy from Baltimore (who was waaaay to the right--- we loved to argue !!!) and spent a fair amount of time in your fair state :)

I also lived there while I was traveling (worked in Bethesda).

I used to live in Bethesda....right across from NIH. That's where both my parents were from.

My DH is from Baltimore.

The problem is he isn't ... but the Republican politicians probably have an ulterior motive as well. The red flag is how they are putting so much attention on it, knowing that it would fail to pass anyway. As someone said on here, the only time a politician isn't lying is when they call other politicians liars.

One possibility is that this is building pressure against anything the Dem politicians and Obama propose, thus when a supposedly Republican bill is put on the table they are banking on people just rushing it through without reading it at all, just because it doesn't have a Dem sticker on it. While we really don't know which is which, we just have to take their word for it.

Generally, I agree with you. I definitely agree, a politician is DAMNED politician.

But there have been some new things laid out on the table, I personally would like to see implemented........First and foremost....competetiton across state lines.....

But back on track, LOL....some of these options for reform have been offered for more than just this term......they've just never been given any credit.

Personally, I want to vote the whole lot of them out and start afresh....and while I am in the legal profession, I would LOVE to see a bill that the average day citizen, and attorney, doesn't have to have to cross check for definitions......and amendements to subsections....etc.

The problem is he isn't ... but the Republican politicians probably have an ulterior motive as well. The red flag is how they are putting so much attention on it, knowing that it would fail to pass anyway. As someone said on here, the only time a politician isn't lying is when they call other politicians liars.

One possibility is that this is building pressure against anything the Dem politicians and Obama propose, thus when a supposedly Republican bill is put on the table they are banking on people just rushing it through without reading it at all, just because it doesn't have a Dem sticker on it. While we really don't know which is which, we just have to take their word for it.

Generally, I agree with you. I definitely agree, a politician is DAMNED politician.

But there have been some new things laid out on the table, I personally would like to see implemented........First and foremost....competetiton across state lines.....

But back on track, LOL....some of these options for reform have been offered for more than just this term......they've just never been given any credit.

Personally, I want to vote the whole lot of them out and start afresh....and while I am in the legal profession, I would LOVE to see a bill that the average day citizen, and attorney, doesn't have to have to cross check for definitions......and amendements to subsections....etc.

It's all pretty plain to me so far. Most people have computers, or they can go to the library and access one. How complicated is it really?

It's all pretty plain to me so far. Most people have computers, or they can go to the library and access one. How complicated is it really?
that neglects the fact the bills are written in a language that few people can understand
and you also assume that all people have the ability to do proper searches where they will get the results they are looking for
that fact that the internet is FULL of total bullshit that tries to get you to their site even though they have nothing to do with what you are searching for

Not complicated at all for me.....cause I know which subsection to go check, etc.

And even w/all of the over 1k pages, the gist is understood.....but the devil is still in the details......and unless someone is well-versed into running from subsection to subsection, (and even those that are familiar w/it generally need the two days or a law degree to do it) why should it be so complicated that the general American Public, w/o a law degree and the knowledge of legal research have to do it?

Not complicated at all for me.....cause I know which subsection to go check, etc.

And even w/all of the over 1k pages, the gist is understood.....but the devil is still in the details......and unless someone is well-versed into running from subsection to subsection, (and even those that are familiar w/it generally need the two days or a law degree to do it) why should it be so complicated that the general American Public, w/o a law degree and the knowledge of legal research have to do it?
thanks, you said it better than i could

To illustrate......did you know that congress has to rewrite sections of the U.S. Code because there is only so many sections granted? That is why you see so many references back, redifintions and rewritings so as to allow new law to me be made.

The summaries of the bill is really not understandable until one knows (and who, outside of politicians and pundits and lawyers) to where to look for the reference.

And BTW, one further further quick point.......when, one Congressman, who was on Committee to write the damn bill says why read something I can't understand w/o a lawyer and two days, do you trust that poltician?

that neglects the fact the bills are written in a language that few people can understand
and you also assume that all people have the ability to do proper searches where they will get the results they are looking for
that fact that the internet is FULL of total bullshit that tries to get you to their site even though they have nothing to do with what you are searching for

The internet is not full of total BS when you are doing citations searches. [I know you are on record as thinking the US Code for the Federal Communications Act is iffy, but you are a rare......somethingorother]. I mean goddamn, you can search all Federal cases unless some gag order is on. You can file Federal cases electronically. Most municipalities have searchable databases now. I have to say that any url that has dotgove or dotorg has NEVER given me a sniffle. You're paranoic to be contrary, to the point of absurdity.

And if people can come on here and blow shit to others how they have insurance and the people who don't are just lazy ignorant fucks because they don't, I can turn that around and say, well now, you can't read and understand the proposed legislation? TFB, go hire a lawyer. It's about the same thing don't you think? I got my education, now go get yours.

Of course I'm really not like that. I've offered plenty of info to you, specifically, and you went on and on about how you can get tangled up in the interwebs. I gave the citation and the derivation's source but nooooooo, I was plotting to get you hooked into some evil slanted scheme!!! I'm lying intentionally by telling you where to find something that doesn't contain any opinion whatsoever, just plain statutes. Geez I'm horrible.:cuckoo:

Not going to quote what I am responding to ... too many people said it. :lol:

But yeah, we do need a reboot of the government, fresh faces we have never seen and are hopefully less corrupt than what we have now. It's long overdue ... we can call it USA 2.0 ... since catch phrases are all the rage now. What we need now is a list of new runners that we can agree to support across the board, not just those with Republican or Democrat alignments (that defeats the purpose of the reboot) but those who either have no loyalties to anything but the country or are one of the "lesser" parties. Obama won a lot of votes through the net, so ... we start campaign advertising for these "nobodies" for free, vids, music, whatever you can offer. We really don't know what anyone will do in office until they get there, so ... we just take a chance ... that's how our country started, Russian Roulette.

The internet is not full of total BS when you are doing citations searches. [I know you are on record as thinking the US Code for the Federal Communications Act is iffy, but you are a rare......somethingorother]. I mean goddamn, you can search all Federal cases unless some gag order is on. You can file Federal cases electronically. Most municipalities have searchable databases now. I have to say that any url that has dotgove or dotorg has NEVER given me a sniffle. You're paranoic to be contrary, to the point of absurdity.

And if people can come on here and blow shit to others how they have insurance and the people who don't are just lazy ignorant fucks because they don't, I can turn that around and say, well now, you can't read and understand the proposed legislation? TFB, go hire a lawyer. It's about the same thing don't you think? I got my education, now go get yours.

Of course I'm really not like that. I've offered plenty of info to you, specifically, and you went on and on about how you can get tangled up in the interwebs. I gave the citation and the derivation's source but nooooooo, I was plotting to get you hooked into some evil slanted scheme!!! I'm lying intentionally by telling you where to find something that doesn't contain any opinion whatsoever, just plain statutes. Geez I'm horrible.:cuckoo:
yeah, and for every reliable, truthful site there are probably 10 that are full of shit

yeah, keep believeing that "if it on the internet, it MUST be true"
:rolleyes:

and you lie when you make the claim that i said the US Code was "iffy"
i never said it
i may have said you SOURCE, if not a .gov site was likely iffy

Last edited:

yeah, and for every reliable, truthful site there are probably 10 that are full of shit

yeah, keep believeing that "if it on the internet, it MUST be true"
:rolleyes:

and you lie when you make the claim that i said the US Code was "iffy"
i never said it
i may have said you SOURCE, if not a .gov site was likely iffy

This is the one I use; it's easy to navigate and it's reliable.

LII: U.S. Code: Home

Forum List

Back