Is Obama trying to hard to appease the Republicans

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Obama's goal from the beginning is to have healthcare reform that would have bipartisan support.
The Republicans have shown no sign to budge off the no public option.
Obama anxious to have collaboration has hinted at dropping the public option.
The Democrats and many pundits feel he is compromising too early.

He is showing good faith but it not being reciprocated by the opposition.

Obama's goal from the beginning is to have healthcare reform that would have bipartisan support.

That's called "lag time". They want to see if the offer is genuine or just another political ploy.

I don't know...many Republicans, I'll bet, don't appreciate being called Nazis or mobsters...

yeah, maybe he should have thought of that before he told them "hey, I won"

i don't get why he has to change everything. if you get sick, take NyQuil. that fixes everything! then we won't need health care. except for the people who drink too much NyQuil. They'll need help

i don't get why he has to change everything. if you get sick, take NyQuil. that fixes everything! then we won't need health care. except for the people who drink too much NyQuil. They'll need help

We need to think out of the box. American creativity like yours will solve the problem

I don't know...many Republicans, I'll bet, don't appreciate being called Nazis or mobsters...

There has been plenty of name calling on both sides. It does not help. Obama is not calling anyone a Nazi.
Perhaps he should put a muzzle on his Speaker of the House, if he's serious about working together?

She's a loose cannon.

Last edited:
The problem is he isn't ... but the Republican politicians probably have an ulterior motive as well. The red flag is how they are putting so much attention on it, knowing that it would fail to pass anyway. As someone said on here, the only time a politician isn't lying is when they call other politicians liars.

One possibility is that this is building pressure against anything the Dem politicians and Obama propose, thus when a supposedly Republican bill is put on the table they are banking on people just rushing it through without reading it at all, just because it doesn't have a Dem sticker on it. While we really don't know which is which, we just have to take their word for it.

i think we should drop all the partisan bs and find a way to work together, because healthcare is totally messed up. i don't want to "socialize" it, per se, but it's ridiculous how insurance companies can screw you

i think we should drop all the partisan bs and find a way to work together, because healthcare is totally messed up. i don't want to "socialize" it, per se, but it's ridiculous how insurance companies can screw you
It's almost as bad as how politicians can screw you

Follow the money, it's not them screwing us, it's other people. Whenever a doctor or pharmaceutical company is sued, their insurance pays for it not them. This drives the costs for insurance up because they need to pay their employees and fees as well as those who are sued. What we need to do is force those who actually do screw up to pay it all back themselves.

yes but I hope it doesn't last, we need to get this through and done with.

No ... that's a problem, and the red flag in the first place. Rushing to things always has bad results.
i'd rather congress take their time and read the bills before they vote on things and know what it is they are voting on
if it has to be rushed then chances are they are putting crap in it that are not good

yes but I hope it doesn't last, we need to get this through and done with.

No ... that's a problem, and the red flag in the first place. Rushing to things always has bad results.
i'd rather congress take their time and read the bills before they vote on things and know what it is they are voting on
if it has to be rushed then chances are they are putting crap in it that are not good

Exactly. Obama is pushing for things to just be passed without anyone having the chance to read or consider consequences of these bills, that's bad. This is why I am thinking the whole healthcare bill may just be a ploy, pushing it to pass quickly then letting the pressure build toward anything that does not have a "Democrat" sticker on it, then all he has to to is give an identical (but differently worded) version with the "Republican" sticker on it and everyone will let it pass without analyzing it just because it's technically not his bill.

Never before have I thought a president capable of such dirty handed politics ... until now.

Forum List

Back