Is Obama Really this Stupid?

This just proves that Liberals aren't interested in "choice". It's their way or the highway. Obama will never win this fight with the Catholic Church. Obama, Pelosi and Reid sre such a joke.

This just proves that Liberals aren't interested in "choice". It's their way or the highway. Obama will never win this fight with the Catholic Church. Obama, Pelosi and Reid sre such a joke.

Oh... we're all about CHOICE... it's the Conservatives that have an issue with Choice...especially when it pertains to OTHER people's sins.

I just read this, so if there is another thread on the topic, my apologies and would ask the mods to merge it. Also, if this is wrong, and any of the liberals / Dems want to refute it, please do so. Because, frankly, I find it stunning that this is true. I can't believe the Democrat party would do something this stupid. (Of course, the conservatives will replay "Why not?")

With gaffe-a-day-Romney and Barack Oncompetent the two candidates, it could be an interesting battle of two guys dueling to shoot themselves in the head faster than the other guy.

A Battle the President Can't Win - WSJ.com

So what's your problem with this. Why should ANY employer be dictate to an employee what his health care should be.

Most Catholics practice birth control, and a lot of employees of Catholic institutions are in fact not even Catholics.

But their employer is the Catholic Church - and birth control is against our religion - particularly abortion - which is abhorrent to us. It is, to Catholics, murder.

I don't understand why birth control is against religion. Millions of sperm die whether one ever gets to fertilze an egg or not. And an egg gets wasted every month in the absence of pregnancy, whether birth control is utilized or not. Nothing is really happening any differently with contraception.

I too disagree that birth control is wrong. But they choose to make it one of their tenets and as such should be forced to go against them.

Obama is WRONG about this, plain and simple.

i agree.....many people are pretty dam serious about their Religious beliefs.....

Real Simple... Catholic based Hospitals don't want to take part in the AHA? Fine... No Federal funds...saves the taxpayers money, I guess.

Catholic hospitals are non-profit.
They treat everyone and anyone, regardless of ability to pay.

If you want to champion federal reimbursement be withheld, this indeed will be a
disgrace to America and anyone fighting for the poor to have access to healthcare.

Not seeing a problem here. The Catholic Church hires people based on their abilities, not their beliefs. They should provide the same benefits all other employers provide. Period.

If they want to make an argument against common sense birth control, let their celibate frustrated gay clergy make it from the pulpit. It was laughable when I was growing up in the 70's, I doubt it's less silly now.

I don't understand why birth control is against religion. Millions of sperm die whether one ever gets to fertilze an egg or not. And an egg gets wasted every month in the absence of pregnancy, whether birth control is utilized or not. Nothing is really happening any differently with contraception.

I too disagree that birth control is wrong. But they choose to make it one of their tenets and as such should be forced to go against them.

There's a family of mormons that were featured on some show on TLC or whatever channel, and they had 5 or 6 children and I think all but 1 of them were autistic. You would think after the 2nd one, something might be wrong and you'd stop having kids. But no. They don't believe in contraception so they feel that belief trumps the belief that they should just stop fucking and bringing more autistic kids into the world when the odds seem to be that they will if they don't stop what they're doing.

It's fucking sad.

to me Paulie thats just 2 stupid People....

i agree.....many people are pretty dam serious about their Religious beliefs.....

and they are more than free to practice them. They just can't impose them on other people.

I'm disappointed to hear you say "Democrat party." You're generally above that sort of thing.

And my understanding is that it's a statement that "Catholic run institutions" are subject to the same regulation as other businesses if a certain amount of employees are not in fact Catholic.

It's also my understanding that churches are exempt.

But their employer is the Catholic Church - and birth control is against our religion - particularly abortion - which is abhorrent to us. It is, to Catholics, murder.

Fact is, neither birth control or abortion is against any religion - until its convenient. Cafeteria Catholics ... The way it works is that they believe very strongly right up until they actually have to live their beliefs. Then, you'll see them using birth control and even having abortions. But, by gawd, don't even think about doing the same thing because THEN and ONLY then the Catholics will be all over you.

IOW, they don't live it but they demand that you do.

The way I see it is - they, and every one else, is more than welcome to their choice of religion but stay the hell out of my life.

There's a family of mormons that were featured on some show on TLC or whatever channel, and they had 5 or 6 children and I think all but 1 of them were autistic. You would think after the 2nd one, something might be wrong and you'd stop having kids. But no. They don't believe in contraception so they feel that belief trumps the belief that they should just stop fucking and bringing more autistic kids into the world when the odds seem to be that they will if they don't stop what they're doing.

It's fucking sad.

Santorum has had two die and one will likely not live to adulthood.
Again, that's his business and I would not presume to tell him how to live.

Ain't it a shame that he doesn't have that same respect for me?

As disgusting as it is, he seeks to control my life to the extent that I cannot decide who I'll marry or how many children I'll have. And, he wants the same control over every single human being in the US.

Pretty sick stuff.

It's fucking sad.

2 stupid people following the rules of their religion. In fact it seems mormons are the most hardcore about this because I know several mormon families and they all have a ton of children. One family I went to school with, there were 14 children.

I get the abortion belief. I agree with it, I'd never agree to abort a child. But I just don't get the belief about birth control.

I guess conservatives trust nature more than new ideas like the ones Hitler Stalin and Mao had. Plus birth control is really love control.
Instead of loving the person with whom you have sex, loving the baby that results, and forming a family, you have sex with strangers and kill the baby.

Which culture is better?

Plus we see Europe and Japan dying because of birth control

Last edited:

It's fucking sad.

2 stupid people following the rules of their religion. In fact it seems mormons are the most hardcore about this because I know several mormon families and they all have a ton of children. One family I went to school with, there were 14 children.

I get the abortion belief. I agree with it, I'd never agree to abort a child. But I just don't get the belief about birth control.

That's the way I feel too... I'd never agree to abort a child, nor would I condone my daughter having an abortion. However, failing to convince her to take the pregnancy to term.... it would ultimately be her choice.

I don't feel that I have a right to make choices for other people....that's why I am pro-choice. Believe me, I am not pro-abortion.

Question.... How about Plan B(the morning after pill)?

I'm disappointed to hear you say "Democrat party." You're generally above that sort of thing.

And my understanding is that it's a statement that "Catholic run institutions" are subject to the same regulation as other businesses if a certain amount of employees are not in fact Catholic.

It's also my understanding that churches are exempt.

If the party at large is against this, then I retract that line.

Are they?

:eusa_whistle:

Shall we change the topic to make it one about birth control?

Ya know, a lot of Hispanics are Catholic, and if the Democratic Party wants to piss off Hispanic Catholics, then who are we to argue with them?

Hey I'm cool with this as long they smack down every mosque and demand Islam go for broke on abortion as well.

And I'm not going Islam vs Christianity. We are same on many levels.

Poor idiots out there, you know white liberal asswipes who don't have a clue don't understand they slam Christianity they are just mocking Islam. Think they are having a blast all while insulting the crap out of all good Muslims.

I guess conservatives trust nature more than new ideas like the ones Hitler Stalin and Mao had. Plus birth control is really love control.
Instead of loving the person with whom you have sex, loving the baby that results, and forming a family, you have sex with strangers and kill the baby.

Which culture is better?

Ummmm... please explain this part? I know that China had mandated abortions.... but "enlighten" me on the other two. Nevermind...Googled it....

Here's the difference, slick....

China Mandated Abortion.

Nazi Germany felt that a woman's body belonged to the state and the state would decide on the fate of her pregnancy.

Stalin? You may want to read up on him...He banned abortion because he wanted to stimulate the population...after his death in 1955, the USSR lifted the ban.

The one thing all three of those countries had in common....a lack of choice....something that the Conservative viewpoint has more in common than the progressive's pro-choice viewpoint.

Hey I'm cool with this as long they smack down every mosque and demand Islam go for broke on abortion as well.

And I'm not going Islam vs Christianity. We are same on many levels.

Poor idiots out there, you know white liberal asswipes who don't have a clue don't understand they slam Christianity they are just mocking Islam. Think they are having a blast all while insulting the crap out of all good Muslims.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw]Obama: "My Muslim Faith" - YouTube[/ame]

That's the way I feel too... I'd never agree to abort a child, nor would I condone my daughter having an abortion. However, failing to convince her to take the pregnancy to term.... it would ultimately be her choice.

I don't feel that I have a right to make choices for other people....that's why I am pro-choice. Believe me, I am not pro-abortion.

Question.... How about Plan B(the morning after pill)?

I scream daily.

And I am an agitator and a rebel and have been for so many years. The blood that makes the life is 8 days.

I am seriously against abortion. But I understand why we need it. But I'd plead and have been pleading for years for the after morning.

Until we can make sure unprotected sex prevents babies who had no wanting to come into this world unloved.

Take my right arm. Take my left arm. Just stop abortion.

But for crying out loud can't we give out every birth control device known to mankind like making it mandatory that you put a mask on your partner that is duplicate to Amy Winehouse?

Last edited:

Oh... we're all about CHOICE... it's the Conservatives that have an issue with Choice...especially when it pertains to OTHER people's sins.

Then how do explain this thread topic? The answer is you can't. Pro-Choice means people choose for themselves how they want to handle birth control or abortion. No one can make a law to make them do something they might have an issue with.

Forum List

Back