Is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history???

is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history

• yes

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • are you fucking kidding me????

Votes: 58 59.8%

• Total voters
Nope. That would still be Ronald Reagan and he wasn't as lazy as Obama in that he wrote a lot of his own speeches. At least he proof read them where he didn't call his military he was CIC of , Corpse-man

Plus he always had a message. A message besides "shut up and do what you're told, we don't need your approval dumbfucks."

Great thread!
Pathetic, isn't it? The loser had to bump it twice himself before he could get the first nitwit to bite. Really sad.

You must understand......he and I had a discussion in another thread in which I handed him his ass. He honestly believes that our POTUS is a horrible public speaker....no doubt very concerned with teleprompters or some such bullshit.

He thought he could hand me my ass with this wonderful thread.

I wonder how he feels it's working out for him?

Since I won't accept anything but an admission that Obama is a great public speaker....one of our nation's best ever.....I fear this thread may never end.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would call him a good public speaker. I find it amazing that you're saying he's one of the best in our nation's history. Trust me, no one in their right mind agrees with you.

Great thread!
Pathetic, isn't it? The loser had to bump it twice himself before he could get the first nitwit to bite. Really sad.

You must understand......he and I had a discussion in another thread in which I handed him his ass. He honestly believes that our POTUS is a horrible public speaker....no doubt very concerned with teleprompters or some such bullshit.

Since I won't accept anything but an admission that Obama is a great public speaker....one of our nation's best ever.....I fear this thread may never end.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would call him a good public speaker. I find it amazing that you're saying he's one of the best in our nation's history. Trust me, no one in their right mind agrees with you.

I'm still waiting for you to name a dozen who are/were better. Especially presidents. Then....get some help in proving it.

I've provided several links to rankings of speakers. You might not agree....but the fact is that he's known as a great orator and a top shelf motivational speaker.

This thread is destined for failure.

"Behind me stands a wall that encircles the free sectors of this city, part of a vast system of barriers that divides the entire continent of Europe. From the Baltic South, those barriers cut across Germany in a gash of barbed wire, concrete, dog runs, and guard towers. Farther south, there may be no visible, no obvious wall. But there remain armed guards and checkpoints all the same -- still a restriction on the right to travel, still an instrument to impose upon ordinary men and women the will of a totalitarian state.

"Yet, it is here in Berlin where the wall emerges most clearly; here, cutting across your city, where the news photo and the television screen have imprinted this brutal division of a continent upon the mind of the world.

"Standing before the Brandenburg Gate, every man is a German separated from his fellow men.

"Every man is a Berliner, forced to look upon a scar.

"President Von Weizsäcker has said, "The German question is open as long as the Brandenburg Gate is closed." Well today -- today I say: As long as this gate is closed, as long as this scar of a wall is permitted to stand, it is not the German question alone that remains open, but the question of freedom for all mankind.

"Yet, I do not come here to lament. For I find in Berlin a message of hope, even in the shadow of this wall, a message of triumph."

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate.

"Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate.

"Mr. Gorbachev -- Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

American Rhetoric Ronald Reagan -- Remarks at the BrandenburgGate

Great thread!

I'm still waiting for you to name a dozen who are/were better. Especially presidents. Then....get some help in proving it.

I've provided several links to rankings of speakers. You might not agree....but the fact is that he's known as a great orator and a top shelf motivational speaker.

HAHAHAHA You provided links. Thats a good one. Do you realize most people would think you're insane if you told them Obama is one of the best speakers in the history of the country??? HAHAHAHAHA

Another great Republican, with a message:

"
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln
November 19, 1863"

Great thread!

HAHAHAHA You provided links. Thats a good one. Do you realize most people would think you're insane if you told them Obama is one of the best speakers in the history of the country??? HAHAHAHAHA

Most? Is that so?

"And I want to say something to the schoolchildren of America who were watching the live coverage of the shuttle's take-off. I know it's hard to understand, but sometimes painful things like this happen. It's all part of the process of exploration and discovery. It's all part of taking a chance and expanding man's horizons. The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. The Challenger crew was pulling us into the future, and we'll continue to follow them.

"I've always had great faith in and respect for our space program. And what happened today does nothing to diminish it. We don't hide our space program. We don't keep secrets and cover things up. We do it all up front and in public. That's the way freedom is, and we wouldn't change it for a minute.

"We'll continue our quest in space. There will be more shuttle flights and more shuttle crews and, yes, more volunteers, more civilians, more teachers in space. Nothing ends here; our hopes and our journeys continue.

"I want to add that I wish I could talk to every man and woman who works for NASA, or who worked on this mission and tell them: "Your dedication and professionalism have moved and impressed us for decades. And we know of your anguish. We share it."

"There's a coincidence today. On this day three hundred and ninety years ago, the great explorer Sir Francis Drake died aboard ship off the coast of Panama. In his lifetime the great frontiers were the oceans, and a historian later said, "He lived by the sea, died on it, and was buried in it." Well, today, we can say of the Challenger crew: Their dedication was, like Drake's, complete."

Reagan, again. So appropriate today, as it was back then....which is a characteristic of a great speech.

American Rhetoric Ronald Reagan -- Address to the Nation on The Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster

I think it behooves us to remind Lone Laugher that "Obama is a great speaker" threads are not the same as Delta's whack-off threads.

A majority of the people disapproves of Obama so do you think they could care if he's a good speaker

I find him to a good bull shitter who speaks a bunch of gibberish like he's going to stop the seas rising and heal thy planet. who the hell speaks that way ? Unfortunately a lot of fools feel for it and now look where we are as a country. More divided than ever, riots and mayhem happening, Occupiers and Obama goons like Sharpton, Holder, etc out stirring up things around the country and we are all poorer with more Government on our backs

Yet another great speech..and no teleprompter:

"I have spent most of my life as a Democrat. I recently have seen fit to follow another course. I believe that the issues confronting us cross party lines. Now, one side in this campaign has been telling us that the issues of this election are the maintenance of peace and prosperity. The line has been used, "We've never had it so good."

"But I have an uncomfortable feeling that this prosperity isn't something on which we can base our hopes for the future. No nation in history has ever survived a tax burden that reached a third of its national income. Today, 37 cents out of every dollar earned in this country is the tax collector's share, and yet our government continues to spend 17 million dollars a day more than the government takes in. We haven't balanced our budget 28 out of the last 34 years. We've raised our debt limit three times in the last twelve months, and now our national debt is one and a half times bigger than all the combined debts of all the nations of the world. We have 15 billion dollars in gold in our treasury; we don't own an ounce. Foreign dollar claims are 27.3 billion dollars. And we've just had announced that the dollar of 1939 will now purchase 45 cents in its total value.

"As for the peace that we would preserve, I wonder who among us would like to approach the wife or mother whose husband or son has died in South Vietnam and ask them if they think this is a peace that should be maintained indefinitely. Do they mean peace, or do they mean we just want to be left in peace? There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We're at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it's been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening. Well I think it's time we ask ourselves if we still know the freedoms that were intended for us by the Founding Fathers.

"Not too long ago, two friends of mine were talking to a Cuban refugee, a businessman who had escaped from Castro, and in the midst of his story one of my friends turned to the other and said, "We don't know how lucky we are." And the Cuban stopped and said, "How lucky you are? I had someplace to escape to." And in that sentence he told us the entire story. If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth."

American Rhetoric Ronald Reagan -- A Time for Choosing

Forum List

Back