Is Obama Inciting Racial Violence in Arizona?

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Is Obama Inciting Racial Violence in Arizona?
2010 April 29
by Paul Coopertags: Arizona law, Immigration, Obama, Riots, Tea Party.
Does the President want more of this?
Is it possible President Obama is inciting violence in Arizona? Could he, some in his party and in liberal media be using racial bating to do it? I think you could make that case. So why aren’t the mainstream media and level-headed Democrats in Congress criticizing the President, others in their party, and some in the media for stirring up possible aggression in Arizona?

Arizona’s recent law cracking down on illegal immigration has had an immediate backlash from those on the Left. The state is being flooded by angry protesters, many of whom are not only holding angry signs, but have even been filmed throwing water bottles at police and others.

One organizer reportedly did not excuse the violence but did defend the reasoning behind it. Sadly, he put it all in racial terms.

“Now here comes a man, a white man, a minuteman, ’saying ya know, I have the right to go anywhere I want and get out of my way you bunch of Mexicans.’ Ya know, that’s gonna get people upset. I know there is no justification for what they did, however, you have to think that this is youth, they’re really upset.” – Mario Escobar

What is President Obama’s reaction to the Arizona law and the public reaction? He has made it worse. Instead of saying we need to read the Arizona legislation or give it time, he has lied about possible outcomes that include racist police arresting innocent families based on ethnicity. The President told a crowd in Iowa this week:

“Now,suddenly, if you don’t have your papers, and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you’re going to get harassed — that’s something that could potentially happen… That’s not the right way to go.” – President Obama

What? That is a total fabrication of the new law. There is nothing in that legislation that allows for any kind of racial profiling. In fact, it is carefully written to make sure it doesn’t happen. Either the President has never read the immigration law and is speaking without doing some basic research, which is a horrible practice for someone with his bully pulpit (ex. “The police acted stupidly.”), or he is lying to the American people to incite people to fear racist cops and act out against the new law. Remember, he said these words after protesters were already attacking police officers.

Either way, whether Obama is misinformed or dis-informing, his words can only raise the temperatures of those angered by the actions of Arizona law makers. Now, I ask again, where are the Democrat leaders and media calling Obama out for this action?

This might surprise you, but I’ve searched through news databases and I may just have found a few proper reactions to Obama and other leaders stirring up angry and potentially violent protests.

“I was very, very concerned and disappointed [by those comments]. Not only do I not think it’s useful. I think it creates an atmosphere and debate that is [not] constructive and can sometimes be dangerous.” -House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.)

Oh wait, Hoyer wasn’t talking about this issue. He was talking about conservatives in radio and in Congress who spoke up against Obamacare. He believed their comments against the bill would create violence in Tea Party protests.

Let me try another one – a media reaction this time.

“The (protesters) are terribly misguided and perhaps embarrassingly manipulated; manipulated by Democrats and its disingenuous spinners into harnessing all of their frustration and rage at Arizona Governor Jan Brewer into their underlying not-so-subtle-racism.” – Huffington Post

Oops, wrong topic again. I changed the word “GOP” for “Democrats” and “President Obama” for “Arizona Governor Jan Brewer.” Huffpost was actually talking about the Tea Party too.

One last try. Let’s see what a former President has to say about this anti-Arizona government language.

“We shouldn’t demonize the government or its public employees or its elected officials. We can disagree with them. We can harshly criticize them. But when we turn them into an object of demonization, you know, you — you increase the number of threats.” – Bill Clinton

Wait a minute – Clinton wasn’t talking about Arizona and Obama either. He was telling ABC that the GOP and conservative radio is inciting Tea Party folks to a level of anger that could lead to another attack like the Oklahoma City bombing.

The double standard is clear. When people speak up against Obama policies, they are racist and incite violence. (Granted the Left is who speaks against the law, or lies about the law, or says the law gives racist cops the power to arrest based on skin color – they aren’t inciting anything.

Obviously not all the Arizona protesters are violent or racist. There was a lot of violence against police, but it was a minority of people doing it. Of course, the past year many have argued that the possible racist comments of one or two in the Tea Party should be used to identify the whole group. I know of no one claiming angry Hispanics in Arizona are all violent and racist. That would be silly and show a sickening bias.

Obama is inciting violence PERIOD! He has this ability to turn people against people in regards to race, legality, social status, wealth or lack of, etc. The man is diabolical and a very poor excuse for a leader of this great nation - a nation which is fast losing it's greatness. Who said - 'divide and conquer'?

Obama is inciting violence PERIOD! He has this ability to turn people against people in regards to race, legality, social status, wealth or lack of, etc. The man is diabolical and a very poor excuse for a leader of this great nation - a nation which is fast losing it's greatness. Who said - 'divide and conquer'?

You said it! And you also have to remember the words of his right-hand-man Rahm Emanuel: Always take advantage of a crisis.

That is my sentiment as well and I see the same black liberation theology coming out of the hispanic community that came out of the black panthers. Its the same communist rhetoric that inspires hatred and violence. I fear what is coming in this country.

We CAN turn this country around - and I bet ALL of you know exactly how! Let's do it.....come Nov, 2010 and Nov 2012.

Forum List

Back