Is Obama capable of accepting responsibility for his own policies & decisions?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
First off this is not a pro or anti Iraq war thread. It is about Obamas seemingly inability to claim his successes and failures are his own.

All weekend, including both Sunday shows, his administration has been pointing to President Bush as their backup to his decision to withdraw from Iraq. At the same time he credits Bush with his economic failures.

WHY CAN'T OBAMA MAKE A DECISION AND LET IT STAND ON IT'S OWN MERITS?

No matter if its good or bad, the outcomes and decisions always involve blaming Bush in some fashion or another. 3 years in and Bushs name still comes up daily. It's time to take the training wheels off Obama.

First off this is not a pro or anti Iraq war thread. It is about Obamas seemingly inability to claim his successes and failures are his own.

All weekend, including both Sunday shows, his administration has been pointing to President Bush as their backup to his decision to withdraw from Iraq. At the same time he credits Bush with his economic failures.

No matter if its good or bad, the outcomes and decisions always involve blaming Bush in some fashion or another. 3 years in and Bushs name still comes up daily. It's time to take the training wheels off Obama.

By many insider accounts...He is indecisive. That isnt going to change.

• Banned
There is not much to explain about a man afraid to stand on his own.

I don't remember a president ever being stuck in campaign mode for his entire presidency.

As to the rhetorical question at the top of the thread....

No. Did you expect otherwise? If so, you will always be disappointed.

I don't remember a president ever being stuck in campaign mode for his entire presidency.
Especially when he spent the lion's share of his time as a US Senator campaigning...and yes...he never left the campaign stage. We only have seen varying degress of campaigning instead of leading.

Obama's problem is that he can't speak honestly because his honest intentions (Marxism) would scare the shit out of everyone.

And gloming on to another's policy instead of making them his own save one pertinent detail...destroying that in which he once described as being "behind enemy lines", and that is the Private Sector and Capitalism.

• Banned

Especially when he spent the lion's share of his time as a US Senator campaigning...and yes...he never left the campaign stage. We only have seen varying degress of campaigning instead of leading.

Except now he is campaigning on our tax dollars.

He would disagree with you on that. Possibly today, but maybe not tomorrow!

Plasma I bet we can find dozens if not hundreds of videos where Obama blames Bush well into his presidency. Do you think we could find similar amounts of videos of previous presidents blaming their predecessors 3 years into their terms?

so all you have are the same old tired talking points and decided you needed to rehash this crap?

See had Obama taken full credit on Iraq you and others would be here saying he should be thanking Bush for setting things up etc..So he cant win on that front because you guys tend to bitch either way.

Had Obama fixed the economy you guys would have cited something Bush did that helped, Or if Obama blames Bush for our current problems, you scoff at the idea that it might be true. This is all Obama's Fault now and always has been since day one of his Office.

It really doesnt matter what anyone else says, You will find some excuse to not change your opinion on the matter. Obama is evil and therefore cant do anything right.

The man doesnt need to stand on his own. All these things are more complex than one man, and to put it all on one man shoulders is quite stupid.

Bush isnt to blame for our economy, But his Administration shares the blame.
Bush isnt the sole reason we are leaving Iraq, but his Administration shares some of the credit.

Reasonable people will understand this and agree, Unreasonable people will cry and whine.

and you will find some excuse to deflect criticism of Obama, like your doing now.

see this is how partisan you guys look, and i wil be nice here with you gramps.

When a President introduces a plan, to congress about the economy or some "whatever", they tend to afterwords go out and do stump speeches in order to drum up support around the nation. Bush did it. ( see Social Security) and some on the left said he was just campaigning, Clinton did it, Reagan did it, Carter most likely did it.

These are normal thing that you are trying to make into something else that isnt even true.

Except Obama has been in campaign mode since 1/20/2009... and has not ceased.

so all you have are the same old tired talking points and decided you needed to rehash this crap?

See had Obama taken full credit on Iraq you and others would be here saying he should be thanking Bush for setting things up etc..So he cant win on that front because you guys tend to bitch either way.

Had Obama fixed the economy you guys would have cited something Bush did that helped, Or if Obama blames Bush for our current problems, you scoff at the idea that it might be true. This is all Obama's Fault now and always has been since day one of his Office.

It really doesnt matter what anyone else says, You will find some excuse to not change your opinion on the matter. Obama is evil and therefore cant do anything right.

The man doesnt need to stand on his own. All these things are more complex than one man, and to put it all on one man shoulders is quite stupid.

Bush isnt to blame for our economy, But his Administration shares the blame.
Bush isnt the sole reason we are leaving Iraq, but his Administration shares some of the credit.

Reasonable people will understand this and agree, Unreasonable people will cry and whine.

and you will find some excuse to deflect criticism of Obama, like your doing now.

and punt.....Good job on saying nothing.

What i am doing is describing the nature of the beast. Things that any novice of politics should know and accept.

Ummm, no I don't have to accept that. It's wrong, it's taking advantage of the taxpayers and using money that could otherwise be used for something the American people need, you know like jobs.

Because it's been going on for years, from both sides of the isle is no excuse to "accept" it.

Plasma I bet we can find dozens if not hundreds of videos where Obama blames Bush well into his presidency. Do you think we could find similar amounts of videos of previous presidents blaming their predecessors 3 years into their terms?
How about opposing the Iraqui Surge (both he and VP Biteme)...and now are beating thier chests taking credit for something they once opposed? How about Obama's Surge (less than requested)...[Afghanistan],but one none the less...when pressed for it? :eusa_whistle:

You are wrong about me plasma, I gave Obama credit for doing what he did with Iraq in Mudwhistles thread on page 2. But like I said this isn't about the war its about his lack of back bone. You can call me partisan all you want, and on occasion I am, but this issue is clear.

How about opposing the Iraqui Surge (both he and VP Biteme)...and now are beating thier chests taking credit for something they once opposed? How about Obama's Surge (less than requested)...[Afghanistan],but one none the less...when pressed for it? :eusa_whistle:

I'm talking about previous presidents blaming previous presidents. Bush blaming Clinton 2 or 3 years in for instance. Or Clinton blaming Bush the elder. This president has set a new standard for blaming everyone else.

True. And never mark that little box to contribute to the President's Election campaign.

I'm talking about previous presidents blaming previous presidents. Bush blaming Clinton 2 or 3 years in for instance. Or Clinton blaming Bush the elder. This president has set a new standard for blaming everyone else.
Precisely. And I cite examples of indescision, and hypocrisy for his indecision. ;)

and punt.....Good job on saying nothing.

What i am doing is describing the nature of the beast. Things that any novice of politics should know and accept.

Ummm, no I don't have to accept that. It's wrong, it's taking advantage of the taxpayers and using money that could otherwise be used for something the American people need, you know like jobs.

Because it's been going on for years, from both sides of the isle is no excuse to "accept" it.

Except that you're only bitching about it now - which makes you a partisan hack.

start posting...I know whats going to happen. You are going to go looking, maybe find something where Obama hints at the idea of Bush ( unless he just says it) and say LOOK LOOK he is blaming Bush for everything.

Ive seen this debate before, I know how this all goes down. OR did you think you where being Original with your idea?

Thanks for skipping most of my posts in order to rehash a bunch of nothing. It shows you really dont know the industry nor want to understand it. Which also goes for the rest of you hacks.
I have ignored nothing. I responded to each post you addressed to me. I hardly see how this is a hack thread. I listened all morning on the Sunday shows about our current situation. And I heard Bush referred to over and over again. It's a simple thought to expect our presidents to stop acting like "your" kids and accept the results of their decisions as being "their results".

A great example is when Obama spends a trillion and it doesn't work he blames Bush. It's a tiresome beat.

Forum List

Back