Is Obama afraid to debate McCain ?

lol ... i missed that

Ridge is a sure way to keep conservatives home come November.

Trust me, as much as they don't want a VP who supports abortion, they'll do whatever it takes to keep Democrats from controlling all three branches of the government.

Ridge is a sure way to get independent voters to lean towards McCain.

Duh ... that's why the RCP National Average is where you go to get the real pulse ... there or Vegas where they are interested in money ... not a candidate.

I guarantee you in the weeks leading up to the election, the Las Vegas bet line will shift in favor of Sen. John McCain winning the Presidential race. I putting my money on McCain now.!$

Trust me, as much as they don't want a VP who supports abortion, they'll do whatever it takes to keep Democrats from controlling all three branches of the government.

Ridge is a sure way to get independent voters to lean towards McCain.

You don't want a VP who supports abortion but you are a disgruntled Hillary supporter backing McCain ... hmmm ... I think you are exposing yourself, j.

I guarantee you in the weeks leading up to the election, the Las Vegas bet line will shift in favor of Sen. John McCain winning the Presidential race. I putting my money on McCain now.!$

Well if you get your money in now you'll get paid that's for sure ... what is he a 2-1 dog in Vegas right now?

Meh, I'm just tired of people like bobo and Kirk that don't understand the concept of a moderate Independent. In their eyes, there's only blue and red. It's really obnoxious.

This might be another reason the 10 debates didn't take place. Obama wanted to meet McCain in a Lincoln-Douglas format and McCain seemed be set on the town hall forum. Evidently they couldn't find a middle ground to agree to either one. I seriously doubt it has got anything to do with fear.

Last edited:
Obama is the Front runner? He is nearly at a dead even with McCain in the pols last I saw. As our next savior he should be up by 30 points or more at this point. yet he is not. Ya he is ahead alright.

Dead even? Well, maybe....

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

Saying Obama should be up by 30% is pure idiocy.... because if this board is any indicaiton, the yahoos aren't even close to being ready to vote for a black president.

What's amazing is that the seasoned veteran of the senate; the war hero; isn't overtaking Obama by 30%.

And, yes, McCain is panting for a debate because he thinks the excitement from Obama's people will reflect on him.

The guy who was five up from the bottom of his class isn't beating the Editor of the Harvard Law Review in a debate.

Wikipedia said:
The Republican and Democratic nominees, as well as any third-party candidates who average 15 percent support in polls, will be invited to take part in the debates sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

John McCain has proposed to Barack Obama a series of ten "town hall meetings" that would be held at locations throughout the country. These meetings would be held before the party conventions in late August.[7] ABC News had proposed a town hall meeting in New York's Federal Hall, which was jointly rejected by both candidates for being moderated by the press and for being exclusive to ABC.[8]

Obama countered with an offer for two additional debates in addition to the CPD debates - an economic town hall Independence Day weekend and a foreign policy debate in August.[9] McCain rejected that offer, and the only debates currently scheduled are the CPD debates listed above.[10]

In addition, on June 4, 2008, Bob Barr, the Libertarian Party's presidential nominee, in an official press release, invited the Republican Party's presumptive presidential nominee, John McCain, and the Democratic Party's presumptive presidential nominee, Barack Obama to weekly presidential debates.[11] As of yet, neither has accepted his invitation.

On August 2, 2008, Obama accepted the CPD proposal. In his letter, he stated that due to the short period between the conventions and the campaign, that "likely that the four Commission debates will be the sole series of debates" between the two. McCain criticized Obama for rejecting his town hall proposal. [12]

Obama?McCain debates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eh, well he did proposed 2 town hall debates. They should've accepted the Barr invitation, haha, and throw in Nader for good measure. At least it'd be amusing to see it happen on a weekly basis.

Getting your excuses ready for November dear?

See... thisi is why you're an idiot... I'm not a bitter angry thing like you. I figure whomever wins fair should win. I'm not into schadenfreud.

I just want a better world for my son and I think you guys have f'd it up for 7 1/2 years.... A bunch of angry, meanspirited, nasty people who think that the world is ugly and want to make it uglier.

See... thisi is why you're an idiot... I'm not a bitter angry thing like you. I figure whomever wins fair should win. I'm not into schadenfreud.

I just want a better world for my son and I think you guys have f'd it up for 7 1/2 years.... A bunch of angry, meanspirited, nasty people who think that the world is ugly and want to make it uglier.

Sure thing, that would be why you referenced racism in your first post, right? And ignored the fact that the press has been claiming , as well as you democrats ,that it will be a landslide in November, ushering in total control of all the branches of Government.

Your guy cant even pull ahead now when he should be up by double digits.

Sure thing, that would be why you referenced racism in your first post, right? And ignored the fact that the press has been claiming , as well as you democrats ,that it will be a landslide in November, ushering in total control of all the branches of Government.

Your guy cant even pull ahead now when he should be up by double digits.

This is the same electorate that elected George Bush. I wouldn't put too much stock in them.

To say that "All the Attention Obama is getting" will somehow transfer to McCain,if they have Ten Town hall debates, doesn't make any sense.This election is not a Beauty contest, or some kind of "American Idol"competition!, this a race to become leader of the Free world. Sen. Obama is afraid to
debate Sen McCain tete a tete , head to head,its very simple, and it is very obvious.

To say that "All the Attention Obama is getting" will somehow transfer to McCain,if they have Ten Town hall debates, doesn't make any sense.This election is not a Beauty contest, or some kind of "American Idol"competition!, this a race to become leader of the Free world. Sen. Obama is afraid to
debate Sen McCain tete a tete , head to head,its very simple, and it is very obvious.

awe ... how cute ...

LOL!! LOL! LOL!

Is that the McCain talking points his campaign is telling you to post this week?

There will be debates. But it's not going to be on McCain's terms so he can bask in reflected glory.

So sorry....

LOL!! LOL! LOL!

Is that the McCain talking points his campaign is telling you to post this week?

There will be debates. But it's not going to be on McCain's terms so he can bask in reflected glory.

So sorry....

No, its not the Sen. McCain Talking points, but I feel Sen. Obama refusal to debate Sen. McCain in the 10 town hall style debates, will hurt him with regards to many undeceided voters.

Forum List

Back