Is Obama A Keynesian?

Goodness, the big titted gun toting moron. Never mind economics for you.

Barenaked, 1+1=2 2+2=4

More lessons tomorrow.

Oh my goodness. I'm sooooooo scared.

Does your crotch get moist when you think about guns and bullets?

I've watched this video, and the thing I notice is that the interviewer purposefully misstates Keynesian to make it sound like "Kensian" and then correctly pronounces it after the people mistakenly think he's talking about Obama's birthplace.

Yup.

And they misspelled the sign, and switched it out after people were fooled.

:stupid:

They are just stupid and ignorant. Most of them did not even know who their congressional representative is, and they claim the Tea Party is stupid and close minded. Why are you even attempting to defend them?

How's that Stimulus Package working out?

Not bad for the limited size and scope. An economy that was shedding about 800,000 private sector jobs a month was turned into one that's creating them at about 60,00 a month. Clearly more is needed.

But the model. Do you have any substantive difference with it? Do you know what the ISLM curve is?
The only thing wrong with the stimulus package is it was too small and it allowed too many grants for job creation that would not occur for a number of years.. It should have been 1 to 1.2 trillion with more focus on immediate job creation. If so, I think unemployment would be about 8 percent. I can only guess that Obama was trying to appease Republicans which was a big mistake.

What was it supposed to do re job creation? Any "shovel ready" job already had funding, and the paperwork to get more money takes years to approve. Just how do you expect the government to create jobs short term?

It will be a long, long time before we know whether that is true, and to what degree both Friedman and Keynes were right and wrong.

Sorry dude, Keynes was and is right. Since the adoption of Keynesianism, the length, severity and frequency of economic downturns have all been drastically reduced. The great American middle class was created by Keynesian economics, and eroded under the supply-siders. There's a reason why the Keynesian model dominates in all free market economies with democratic governments. It just fucking works.

This alone tells me you are wrong. There is no way any one man can get credit for creating the American middle class, especially since you state none of his policies were ever implemented the way there were designed to be implemented. If, as you assume, government policy created the middle class, then the fact that we never used Keynes' policies proves that it is a failure. Unless you want to provide proof that implementing them properly would have made everyone even better off, perhaps by eliminating the lower class, thus making the middle class the lower class, and failing again.

Before you start asking about economic models in an attempt to make me feel stupid, if I wanted to refute you I could take a couple of weeks off to learn economics well enough to refute your obvious freshman understanding of it, I just do not care to.

I prefer mocking you.

If you can't understand the ISLM curve, you don't belong in this thread. Run along now and post some pictures with bubbles talking smack about liberals. make sure to vote tomorrow for people who will lower my taxes so I can buy more real estate. That's in your best interests, really it is. Really.

Bye now. You can have a cookie if you want.

This thread is about mocking people who think they are smart.

Since the only person in this thread who thinks that what they know trumps common sense is you, that means everyone should be mocking you.

The Bank of Japan has also manipulated interest rates (currently at 0) and look where they are right now and where they have been the past decade.

Japan is unique in so many ways that it can't really be compared to any western economy, with the possible exception of France but that comparison isn't so hot either. Suffice to say that your analysis is so simplistic that it essentially amounts to an ad hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

Translation: Since I was trying to make a point specifically about how a government not controlling interest rates was bad for an economy I will throw out a blanket time period in a specific area of the world didn't control interest rates correctly and use that as an example. If anyone brings up another country I will say that situation is unique, and even though I haven't mentioned anything about "western economy" I will now add this clarification because I do not want to have an actual discussion on the topic.

I will now throw out little economic charts and idiosyncrasies most people have never heard of or don't have a grasp of to: 1. Sound Smart and 2. Boost my own self-esteem.

Yay guys, look at me. I'm fucking brilliant. I'm such an advanced economist wooooo!!!1111

Forum List

Back