Is North Korea testing America?

Locke_at_War

Rookie
May 29, 2009
Sounds like some tricky business is going on. Are the reporters still alive? Im guessing they are...it would not make any sense for North Korea to kill them. That gives up there power for a hostage situation and should automatically provoke war or confilct between the U.S.

Last edited:
North Korea silent about US journalists' trial - Yahoo! News

Yea. I don't know whats going on there either. It will be interesting to see how obama will handle this situation.

If he sends troops in then NK will surely capture them and hold them hostage...unless he sends in a large enough force to overpower the NK army. But that would result in all out warfare. And the blame for WWIII would be put onto the U.S (possibly).

Special forces is a possbility, but i doubt that would work. The hostages are probably held in a secret location, or they are kept on the move constantly.

What will prolly happen is that NK will use them to bargain. Make the U.S. pay a certain amount of money for their release. And if i was the one calling the shots in the U.S. i would pay the money. I don't care what the public thinks about dealing with other countries like that. The last thing America needs right now is a war with NK.

Forum List

Back