Is NK on the verge of destroying the US?

Why do you keep typing all those words, when all you have to type is a number? You talk a big game, but you have no fucking clue what youre talking about.

Listen shit for brains, there is no number!

Pick a weapon yield, pick and altitude you can detonate it at, determine the gamma ray yield of the weapon, and then determine the strength of the earth's magnetic field relative to the point of detonation. Then pick a point on the ground and what system you are targeting and how well it is shielded. Only then we can determine what level of damage will occur.

I am sorry that you apparently have such a limited education that you cannot fathom the complexities of these systems.
At the prime height with a 240 kiloton yield. How far will it knock out power?

There is no prime height! You obviously refuse to read the link. Where are you detonating it, as in what latitude and longitude? Are you looking to fry integrated circuits or blow transformers?

All of those variables figure into the calculations.

You do know that in the Manhattan Project the scientists had no idea how big the explosion would be. Too many variables and not enough data.

That is the same for EMPs considering we have tested any since before the partial test ban treaty in 1963.
If there is no prime height for shutting down power, then you can pick one. How far will it shut down power? This should be an easy question for a "nuclear officer". You talked a big game, now back it up. This is your last chance to not look like youre full of shit.

I said I was a nuclear weapons officer. I don't design them or build them. I know how to use nuclear weapons in battle. Since my weapons were not EMP capable.

You can keep arguing about this topic but you might as well ask me what the last digit of pi is! No one knows for certain. That is why I provided the links to show you just that. If you want to put your fingers in your ears and scream "La, la, la, la, la!" at the top of your lungs, you would probably accomplish more.

We stop testing these weapons when I was 2 years old. Does that give you a clue?
If you don't know the answer, why the fuck did you get all shitty with me? You are a pompous asshole and I just exposed your limited knowledge on this subject. Now kindly go fuck yourself, asshat.

According to this article, NK can use nukes to do an EMP attack, which may devastate 90% of the US population.

Congress warned North Korean EMP attack would kill '90% of all Americans'

What the...........

Are we that dependent on electricity that only 10% of us are strong enough to survive?

Yes, particularly urban areas. It would be better to die than live through the unimaginable hell in cities.
As my post stated above, imagine the amount of food required for cities with 10,000 people or more living in one square mile. These areas would run out of food in less than a week. Then what?

It would mean that nearly 100% of people living in urban areas would just die. That seems highly unrealistic, especially because they wouldn't die immediately, but over time.

I would think that our nation would be able to deal with this disaster enough to save at least half of them... but then again, with the current administration, probably not.

How will they get food and water?

Listen shit for brains, there is no number!

Pick a weapon yield, pick and altitude you can detonate it at, determine the gamma ray yield of the weapon, and then determine the strength of the earth's magnetic field relative to the point of detonation. Then pick a point on the ground and what system you are targeting and how well it is shielded. Only then we can determine what level of damage will occur.

I am sorry that you apparently have such a limited education that you cannot fathom the complexities of these systems.

There is no prime height! You obviously refuse to read the link. Where are you detonating it, as in what latitude and longitude? Are you looking to fry integrated circuits or blow transformers?

You do know that in the Manhattan Project the scientists had no idea how big the explosion would be. Too many variables and not enough data.

That is the same for EMPs considering we have tested any since before the partial test ban treaty in 1963.
If there is no prime height for shutting down power, then you can pick one. How far will it shut down power? This should be an easy question for a "nuclear officer". You talked a big game, now back it up. This is your last chance to not look like youre full of shit.

I said I was a nuclear weapons officer. I don't design them or build them. I know how to use nuclear weapons in battle. Since my weapons were not EMP capable.

You can keep arguing about this topic but you might as well ask me what the last digit of pi is! No one knows for certain. That is why I provided the links to show you just that. If you want to put your fingers in your ears and scream "La, la, la, la, la!" at the top of your lungs, you would probably accomplish more.

We stop testing these weapons when I was 2 years old. Does that give you a clue?
If you don't know the answer, why the fuck did you get all shitty with me? You are a pompous asshole and I just exposed your limited knowledge on this subject. Now kindly go fuck yourself, asshat.

You were so confused you didn't even know that EMPs were nuclear weapons! Just shut your face and go find a wooden block to play with! That's about as complicated a device as you should be allowed to handle.

You have a lot of balls to call me pompous after the show you have performed in this thread. I gave you more than enough information for you to understand that EMPs are a big deal if someone like Russia or China can put one over on us in conjunction with a full blown nuclear holocaust, but that just is as unlikely to happen as Fat Boy climbing atop one of his missiles and riding it into Kansas with an EMP warhead. It just isn't going to happen.

You were so confused you didn't even know that EMPs were nuclear weapons! Just shut your face and go find a wooden block to play with! That's about as complicated a device as you should be allowed to handle.

You have a lot of balls to call me pompous after the show you have performed in this thread. I gave you more than enough information for you to understand that EMPs are a big deal if someone like Russia or China can put one over on us in conjunction with a full blown nuclear holocaust, but that just is as unlikely to happen as Fat Boy climbing atop one of his missiles and riding it into Kansas with an EMP warhead. It just isn't going to happen.
Stopped reading after the first sentence. Resorting to lies isn't going to save you from the embarrassment of being exposed as an uninformed douche.

Stopped reading after the first sentence. Resorting to lies isn't going to save you from the embarrassment of being exposed as an uninformed douche.

Yes, you stopped reading after the first sentence because you knew you had no clue that EMPs were nukes. Do I really need to go back and quote where you said it?

The only embarrassment at being an uninformed douche is yours. Show me where I lied. Quote it!

According to this article, NK can use nukes to do an EMP attack, which may devastate 90% of the US population.

What the...........

Are we that dependent on electricity that only 10% of us are strong enough to survive?

Yes, particularly urban areas. It would be better to die than live through the unimaginable hell in cities.
As my post stated above, imagine the amount of food required for cities with 10,000 people or more living in one square mile. These areas would run out of food in less than a week. Then what?

It would mean that nearly 100% of people living in urban areas would just die. That seems highly unrealistic, especially because they wouldn't die immediately, but over time.

I would think that our nation would be able to deal with this disaster enough to save at least half of them... but then again, with the current administration, probably not.

People will bring it to them, or they will get it.

What the...........

Yeah, all 50 million people in the Megalopolis from Boston to DC will have all of their food and water delivered.

You are dreaming!

What happened when NYC had a blackout in 2003?

Imagine:
No electricity, means no heat or AC.
No water.
No refrigeration for food.
No trains.
No buses.
No ships.

How are they going to get this food and water just in order to survive?

Yeah, all 50 million people in the Megalopolis from Boston to DC will have all of their food and water delivered.

You are dreaming!

Imagine:
No water.
No trains.
No buses.
No ships.

Aren't food and water delivered already? Food and water is delivered to stores, and there, people obtain them.

Did you know that electricity can be generated?

Did you know that water sometimes comes in bottles?

Did you know that trains, buses, and ships usually run on fossil fuel?

What happened when NYC had a blackout in 2003? 12 people died.

That means only 290,789,988 more people would have to die in order to get to 90%.

You are dreaming!

Imagine:
No water.
No trains.
No buses.
No ships.

Aren't food and water delivered already? Food and water is delivered to stores, and there, people obtain them.

That means only 290,789,988 more people would have to die in order to get to 90%.

The trucks needed to deliver the food won't run if their electronic and electrical components are fried.

Electricity can be generated but it cannot be distributed due to damage to electrical lines, substations, etc.

How do you deliver the water to the people? On horseback? In wagons? How do you bottle water with no electricity to run the equipment?

Nothing runs of fossil fuel without electrical components.

12 people died in a span of a less than a day in most cases. Many would die as soon as the hospital generators run out of fuel like they did during the hurricanes. How many would die if it as late January and cold as blue blazes? How about August when it is so hot you fry eggs on the street? (That would be the only way you could cook them too!)

It might take months or even years to repair the damage.

You are dreaming!

Imagine:
No water.
No trains.
No buses.
No ships.

The trucks needed to deliver the food won't run if their electronic and electrical components are fried.

Electricity can be generated but it cannot be distributed due to damage to electrical lines, substations, etc.

How do you deliver the water to the people? On horseback? In wagons? How do you bottle water with no electricity to run the equipment?

12 people died in a span of a less than a day in most cases. Many would die as soon as the hospital generators run out of fuel like they did during the hurricanes. How many would die if it as late January and cold as blue blazes? How about August when it is so hot you fry eggs on the street? (That would be the only way you could cook them too!)

Sure. Horseback, wagons. People are pretty ingenious. We will come together and help each other.

Hospital generators would not run out of fuel because all of the fuel would be saved for emergency purposes.

You would still be able to fry an egg on a gas stove.

You are dreaming!

Imagine:
No water.
No trains.
No buses.
No ships.

I would be more concerned that the EMP would cause everyone who was using a cell phone at the moment of detonation to become flesh-eating zombies...and the resulting zombie apocalype would result in death of 90% of the American population.

You are dreaming!

Imagine:
No water.
No trains.
No buses.
No ships.

Sure. Horseback, wagons. People are pretty ingenious. We will come together and help each other.

Hospital generators would not run out of fuel because all of the fuel would be saved for emergency purposes.

How many horses are there in Boston? NYC? Philadephia?, Baltimore? DC?

Emergency purposes? You mean like operating rooms, life support equipment, and any other type of equipment that is required to keep people alive?

That would only work if the generators even survived the EMP attack as they have electronics and generators have wiring.

The hospitals in Puerto Rico were all closed after the hurricane because they had no power.

You are dreaming!

Imagine:
No water.
No trains.
No buses.
No ships.

Emergency purposes? You mean like operating rooms, life support equipment, and any other type of equipment that is required to keep people alive?

That would only work if the generators even survived the EMP attack as they have electronics and generators have wiring.

The hospitals in Puerto Rico were all closed after the hurricane because they had no power.

Are you implying that Americans are not smart enough or ingenious enough to fix damaged equipment?

You are dreaming!

Imagine:
No water.
No trains.
No buses.
No ships.

Are you implying that Americans are not smart enough or ingenious enough to fix damaged equipment?

Not before people die!

Let's see you go to your garage and whip up a transformer to provide power to you and your neighbors with no tools, no materials, and no knowledge of how to do it.

Better yet, do that in a New York City 3rd floor walk-up (they all would be walkups after the attack) apartment!

Forum List

Back