Is neg rep just another form of whining?

But payback could be construed as whining too.

Payback neg rep from me is not whining.

It is an EPIC Mentos Coke Bottle Rocket FAIL.

117359d1248608578-animated-gif-thread-mentos_rocket.gif

You give it, you get it.

Since we don't have a space program anymore maybe some private company can figure out a way to use mentos as a propellant.

I'm working on it already. The flea circus volunteered to train as astronauts, we're so excited!

Someone should neg rep the idiot that started this thread in the Flame Zone! It clearly belongs in Echo's Rep Fest.

I think some of the PM's she must get (Very PMSey PMs) must boil all the compassion out of her.

I would truly rather be the lowliest Chuckie Cheese waitress than EVER try and Moderate this board. Reading the PMs the Mods must get would make my head explode.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73Pw]YouTube - Indian Love Call in Mars Attacks![/ame]

♫...yo-de-le-he-ho....♪

I think some of the PM's she must get (Very PMSey PMs) must boil all the compassion out of her.

I would truly rather be the lowliest Chuckie Cheese waitress than EVER try and Moderate this board. Reading the PMs the Mods must get would make my head explode.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73Pw"]YouTube - Indian Love Call in Mars Attacks![/ame]

♫...yo-de-le-he-ho....♪
If I was mod. I'd just delegate them to one of my interns and take a long lunch.

"Your post annoyed me! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

It seems like that is the subtext of every neg rep I've received.

I see it as a form of theft. Someone is stealing from you. And they are not doing it on the public forum, so that is a sniper attack. It is sneaky and cowardly and the poster doing it usually feels an impotence of personal power and this action serves them well. I would never do it to anyone even if they have done it to me. I think it should not be an option here, as it serves no honorable purpose. It is very negative, thus neg reps...:lol:

Well, I have read this entire thread, and still don't understand positive or negative rep. I got it about the "Thank you" button. I like that.

I found this old post from Gunny explaining rep;

Click on the scales in the top right border of the post you wish to give either positive or negative reputation to. A window will appear and you can choose between positive rep and negative rep. There is also a space below your choice to express your opinion concerning the post.

If you look at the top right hand corner of your box, it says rep power and rep total.

If you give postive rep, an amount of points is given to the person you rep equal to your rep power.

If you give negative rep, an amount of points is taken from the person you rep equal to half your rep power.

If you go to the main page and look to the top left of the page you will see "User CP (Control Panel). Click on that, and the last 10-15 reps given you along with their comments will appear.

Could someone explain the 'rep' thing, I do not understand why I would care about it. If I give postive rep to someone, how to they or I gain? I suppose I understand the concept of pay back, but if someone did it to me, I'd just do it back. What would be the big deal, would other USMB members think I have 'cooties?' Would it be ok if I gave 'negative rep' to posters who are just plain stupid?

Last edited:
Some poster got mad at me for something, and made a big deal about giving me some negative rep in the thread. I was laughing so hard, it was like a bully on the school yard taking his marbles and going home because he lost!

Actually, I don't know what a positive rep is, let alone a negative one. Can someone tell me?

Click on the "thumbs-up-down" icon top right corner of any post and check out the work-pane that opens up.

Hmm, let me do the math, 493 minus 200 something, carry the one, multiply by 3, divide by five, hang on, gotta take off my shoes, add 20....nope...not worth it. :D

Forum List

Back