Is neg rep just another form of whining?

LOL That almost makes me want to me rep you. :lol:

Go ahead! Make my day.

dirty_harry_lead.jpg
Damn! I messed up! That was supposed to be neg rep I sent you!! Your fault!! You made me laugh too hard.

Don't worry...we can speak with Gunny. He'll be able to turn the pos rep into negative for you. i'm sure it's pretty easy.

Some poster got mad at me for something, and made a big deal about giving me some negative rep in the thread. I was laughing so hard, it was like a bully on the school yard taking his marbles and going home because he lost!

Actually, I don't know what a positive rep is, let alone a negative one. Can someone tell me?

Click on the "thumbs-up-down" icon top right corner of any post and check out the work-pane that opens up.

Oh! Those are thumbs! Look like pork chops.

Damn I'm hungry.

"Your post annoyed me! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

It seems like that is the subtext of every neg rep I've received.

I've never been neg rep'd although I no doubt have deserved it. And doing it is the last thing that crosses my mind to do. I have sent politely informative PMs, which usually get like responses.
That's because you are Mr Milquetoast, Horsey. You really haven't lived till you been gang neg repped by a crew of looney rightwingers.

I've never been neg rep'd although I no doubt have deserved it. And doing it is the last thing that crosses my mind to do. I have sent politely informative PMs, which usually get like responses.

I don't believe you. I've never neg rep-ed you? :eek:

Go ahead! Make my day.

dirty_harry_lead.jpg
Damn! I messed up! That was supposed to be neg rep I sent you!! Your fault!! You made me laugh too hard.

Don't worry...we can speak with Gunny. He'll be able to turn the pos rep into negative for you. i'm sure it's pretty easy.
Gunny won't do anything for me anymore. I used to have him wrapped around my little finger but now I just get cold stares and sulky looks. I must have ruffled his feathers or something.

Gunny won't do anything for me anymore. I used to have him wrapped around my little finger but now I just get cold stares and sulky looks. I must have ruffled his feathers or something.
Me too.

I'd pos rep you Anguille, but I'm outta gas.

Why the hell does that happen? Is there a thesis on USMB rep mores someplace we can all go read?

20 total per 24 hours.

7 reps to others before you can rep someone a second time.

I see it as a form of theft. Someone is stealing from you. And they are not doing it on the public forum, so that is a sniper attack. It is sneaky and cowardly and the poster doing it usually feels an impotence of personal power and this action serves them well. I would never do it to anyone even if they have done it to me. I think it should not be an option here, as it serves no honorable purpose. It is very negative, thus neg reps...:lol:

I don't do much in the way of Neg rep. Only for what I consider to be really outrageous bad manners. In my case it isn't so much a case of whining as it a case of being unable to be really violent.

I think I have only neg repped one person twice. The person is dim, rude and deliberately annoying.

I don't do much in the way of Neg rep. Only for what I consider to be really outrageous bad manners. In my case it isn't so much a case of whining as it a case of being unable to be really violent.

I think I have only neg repped one person twice. The person is dim, rude and deliberately annoying.

I know, you should have heard xotoxi whining in my PM box about that mean Baruch Men, neg repping him all the time.

I told him to STFU.

I know, you should have heard xotoxi whining in my PM box about that mean Baruch Men, neg repping him all the time.

I told him to STFU.

That wasn't very compassionate.

I told him to STFU.

That wasn't very compassionate.

STFU. :evil:

I think some of the PM's she must get (Very PMSey PMs) must boil all the compassion out of her.

Darling, if you only KNEW the whiny PM's the Mods get on here from the crybabies.

But I feel sorry for Gunny and CW the most, because they also have to listen to us lowly mods whine to them!

Some poster got mad at me for something, and made a big deal about giving me some negative rep in the thread. I was laughing so hard, it was like a bully on the school yard taking his marbles and going home because he lost!

Actually, I don't know what a positive rep is, let alone a negative one. Can someone tell me?

Yes, a positive REP is where you send the one you want to give a favorable REP to, $50 or $100. Make mine $75, I don't want to appear greedy.

Forum List

Back