Is Mormonism a newer version of Christianity?

The Mormon cult has NEVER been able to produce evidence of even ONE artifact, people, or place mentioned in the fictitious Book of Mormon

Just as the Muslims have never shown where the Bible has been supposedly corrupted.

That one is very easy to validate.

Just opened up a Bible and put your finger anywhere on the page. :cool:

Did it and couldn't find a single example. Like the Mormons, you state "truth" without proof. Biblical scholars are amazed that the earliest versions of its books are word-for-word the same as what we see today. I'm going to have to see a cite to give your contention any credence at all.

Looks like Mormanism is an form of Christianity to me.

One of thousands of variants of that theme.

Not at all. The whole purpose of the Gospel is the Revelation of Jesus Christ to each soul. When a different Gospel is taught, it is considered a cult. Hope this link and short quote from it helps...

What is the definition of a cult?

"The two most common teachings of cults are that Jesus was not God and that salvation is not by faith alone. A denial of the deity of Christ results in Jesus’ death not being a sufficient payment for our sins. A denial of salvation by faith alone results in salvation being achieved by our own works, something the Bible vehemently and consistently denies. The two most well-known examples of cults are the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons. Both groups claim to be Christian, yet both deny the deity of Christ and salvation by faith alone. Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons believe many things that are in agreement with or similar to what the Bible teaches. However, the fact that they deny the deity of Christ and preach a salvation by works qualifies them as a cult."

You see, from the beginning and until the end, Satan is hard at work on every one of us, to try to deceive us from the simplicity that is in Jesus Christ our Lord. Truly, it is all about Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Sorry, Marie, you're the cult member. The Pope told me so. REPENT!!! :eusa_pray:

Looks like Mormanism is an form of Christianity to me.

One of thousands of variants of that theme.

Not at all. The whole purpose of the Gospel is the Revelation of Jesus Christ to each soul. When a different Gospel is taught, it is considered a cult. Hope this link and short quote from it helps...

What is the definition of a cult?

You see, from the beginning and until the end, Satan is hard at work on every one of us, to try to deceive us from the simplicity that is in Jesus Christ our Lord. Truly, it is all about Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Sorry, Marie, you're the cult member. The Pope told me so. REPENT!!! :eusa_pray:

Pffffffffft, koMrad, ya sillygoose, lol. :tongue:

Mormons, like Catholics, are the Christian sects that the fundies love to bash.

Look, we are all human beings. To me it not about bashing on someone, or looking down our noses at someone, as that's wrong in the first place and the whole point of our Lord Jesus Christ is to know Him, His love, and to love Him and others, not bash on them. Do you see the "bashing" sometimes? Yes, because we all have a "flesh" and it gets in the way, and sometimes we say and do things wrong.

It's what we believe, therefore because we still have freedom of religion (for now) we can only try to share what we believe, though we can't make anyone believe what we believe. Just go over doctrines, etc. I've met many lovely and kind Mormons, etc, but we can still talk about it, agree to disagree and be friends and kind to each other.

Last edited:
The book of Mormon is not an UPDATE to the Bible. It covers an entirely different set of people.

There is not one shred of evidence to confirm the existence of these so-called " different set of people " that are mentioned in the book of Mormon.

Archaeologists have never found not one artifact, people, or location to validate what the book of Mormon claims.

It is basically just 19th Century science-fiction with religious overtones .

Last edited:
It would seem that its founder, "prophet" Joseph Smith, "upgraded" the Bible or how the Bible was interpreted. If I am not mistaken, isn't that what Jesus suposedly did with the Hebrew Bible? And what the Muslims also did with the Christian Bible? And even what Reverend Moon supposedly did? :eusa_liar:
It seems that the way to start a religion is to "update" God's Word . . . It would also seem that we will never get it straight and will have to continue geting updates! :cuckoo:

Perhaps we should start all over with something really original, more up-to-date and cease listening to would-be "profits" . . . :lol:

Pretty much. It is the Americanized christianity.

The book of Mormon is not an UPDATE to the Bible. It covers an entirely different set of people.

There is not one shred of evidence to confirm the existence of these so-called " different set of people " that are mentioned in the book of Mormon.

Archaeologists have never found not one artifact, people, or location to validate what the book of Mormon claims.

There's alot we don't know about a lot of religions. For example, how do we know that Abraham, Jesus and Mohammed didn't just sit out in the sun too long? Right part of the world for that. :confused:

God tells us to wash feet then you wash feet. We do it every Easter Sunday when we take communion with wine. And there is no such verse a Mark 18:18 you must mean 16:18. In WV we have a lot of snake handeling churchs. I think its the only state that it is legal. To each his own. The bible says they shall; no they must.

I assumed it meant to wash each other's feet daily but of course, we all (I hope) do wash our feet more than once a year! I admit I did have the chapter-verse numbers mixed up, but it seems to me that when God says "you shall" he is not saying you "may"!:eusa_pray:
Here are a few other odd verses that come to mind: God says He creates evil in Isaiah 45:71, Jesus says to slay one's enemies in Luke 19:27, and that the "Second Coming" was due within a couple generations after his death in Math 16-27-28. Also, I have wondered how Moses managed to describe or write about his own death, and if we are "to turn the other cheek" then why did the Apostles wear swords? It is all in how it is interpreted. The reason for all the different cults is that the Protestant Bible cannot be taken literally and explains why the faith is divided into so many denominations and even cults.:confused:

Peace

Mormon's use the King James Version of the Bible. That's pretty much the Protestant Bible (though some protestants use more recent translations now). Also, you've listed five groups. How does that give you 7 Bibles?

I was including the two versions Caroloj mentioned, but as you say, the list really is five. There may be more, but that seems to me to be enough.

Did someone here write that the Mormon version of Christianity preceeded the Bible?:cuckoo:

The Book of Mormon has it's own verification process: Study it, Ponder the tender mercies of the Lord, and ask Him whether it's true or not and He will reveal it through the Holy Ghost.

God has a living religion. He isn't done talking despite how many self proclaimed religious people trying to say God has said everything He ever will.

He never said there was. All he stated was what they stand for.
All religion is science fiction, including yours.

The Book of Mormon has it's own verification process: Study it, Ponder the tender mercies of the Lord, and ask Him whether it's true or not and He will reveal it through the Holy Ghost.

God has a living religion. He isn't done talking despite how many self proclaimed religious people trying to say God has said everything He ever will.

So, which takes precedence then, the Bible or the Book of Mormon? Do they ever contradict?

It would seem that its founder, "prophet" Joseph Smith, "upgraded" the Bible or how the Bible was interpreted. If I am not mistaken, isn't that what Jesus suposedly did with the Hebrew Bible? And what the Muslims also did with the Christian Bible? And even what Reverend Moon supposedly did? :eusa_liar:
It seems that the way to start a religion is to "update" God's Word . . . It would also seem that we will never get it straight and will have to continue geting updates! :cuckoo:

Perhaps we should start all over with something really original, more up-to-date and cease listening to would-be "profits" . . . :lol:

Well, to answer the original question.

Yes, it's newer. It's far from the newest as people read an consider the bible in thier own way then break off from the group that thought the other way.

examples;

baptist, first, second, third baptist, southen baptist

Lutherans, first lutherans, trinity lutherans

And the breaks in the pentacosts is staggering

Even the catholics broke into Roman catholic and greek orthadox

but as far as shitting on people doing the best they can to live by what they are certain, are gods words?

No thanks, they tend to be the nicer people on earth and don't crap on me for thinking the bible is no longer the word of god.

So, which takes precedence then, the Bible or the Book of Mormon? Do they ever contradict?

They don't contradict. They support one another. But dont take my word for it. You can read for yourself and find out.

Mormons believe some strange stuff. Smith started the church because he wanted more than one wife.
The "angel" told him that the garden of eden was in Missouri.

So does Jeremiah Wright, but that didn't stop you and 61,999,999 other idiots from voting for/slobbering over Obama.

Mormons believe some strange stuff. Smith started the church because he wanted more than one wife.
The "angel" told him that the garden of eden was in Missouri.

So does Jeremiah Wright, but that didn't stop you and 61,999,999 other idiots from voting for/slobbering over Obama.

Not really sure what this has to do with anything.

PJ's comments arent true anyway.

Forum List

Back