Is Mitt Romney's Candidacy Part of 'The Eternal Plan' of the Mormon Church?

OMG OMG OMG he's a MORMON he'll eat your children beat your dog and marry your wife. Shit is that all you have against Romney? PM me I have loads of info on him, but damn leave the mans religion out of it.

His religion could be very relevant based on the OP. Again - the OP.
hIS religion GOVERNS THE WAY HE RULES his life, AND HIS ALONE.

NO WHWERE has he even hinted he'd try to make us ALL MORMONS...derp.

And and and and he'll eat your children beat your dog and marry your wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!

His religion could be very relevant based on the OP. Again - the OP.
hIS religion GOVERNS THE WAY HE RULES his life, AND HIS ALONE.

And and and and he'll eat your children beat your dog and marry your wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!
Or FORCE YOU to marry MORE than ONE WIFE!:eek:

The idiocy I read on these boards is astounding...the OP included.

We Mormons would love it if everyone became Mormon. But the scriptures are clear that we do so through persuasion and not force. Government will never be part of the process because it's against our theology.

Mormon viewpoints on Church & State

Not something to be feared IMHO. More on the exercises of authority and power:

39 We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.

40 Hence many are called, but few are chosen.

41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;

42 By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile—

43 Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;

44 That he may know that thy faithfulness is stronger than the cords of death.

45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.

46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever (D&C 121:39-46)

Pretty much outlines why I think government cant fix the problems. Because real solutions won't require the use of force.

Considering it's also Mormon Doctrine to uphold the Constitution, i highly doubt we have much to worry about. At least not from Romney's Mormonism.

It's his political viewpoints id be far more worried about.

Last edited:

We Mormons wouuld love it if everyone became Mormon. But the scriptures are clear that we do so through persuasion and not force. Government will never be part of the process because it's against our theology.

39 We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.

41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;

42 By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile—

43 Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;

45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.

46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever (D&C 121:39-46)

Pretty much outlines why I think government cant fix the problems. Because real solutions won't require the use of force.

Considering it's also Mormon Doctrine to uphold the Constitution, i highly doubt we have much to worry about. At least not from Romney's Mormonism.

I want to share a story with you...

back during Viet Nam, It was learned that my father died during that conflict...my mother, all of us (including my five siblings) were devistated.

Next door to us there was a family that were of all things Mormon...not that it matters, but relevant to the discussion, and the act of kindness that they bestowed upon my family...

They took myself, and my siblings into thier home as others came to my home to be with my mother to take the burden off my mother whom was clearly grieving...

This couple had three children of thier own, took us in for a time, and treated us as if we were thier own. Their warmth, thier comfort I can remember as if it happened yesterday.

I'll NEVER forget it. They answered the question of what would Jesus do, what would any humane person do?

They did it without any forethought, without any return. I remained friends with them for years until I went into the Military...and lost contact with them.

I'll never forget that lesson they taught me of the right thing to do...And it is one of treasure they earned...my undying respect that will forevermore remain with me.

We Mormons wouuld love it if everyone became Mormon. But the scriptures are clear that we do so through persuasion and not force. Government will never be part of the process because it's against our theology.

I want to share a story with you...

back during Viet Nam, It was learned that my father died during that conflict...my mother, all of us (including my five siblings) were devistated.

Next door to us there was a family that were of all things Mormon...not that it matters, but relevant to the discussion, and the act of kindness that they bestowed upon my family...

They took myself, and my siblings into thier home as others came to my home to be with my mother to take the burden off my mother whom was clearly grieving...

This couple had three children of thier own, took us in for a time, and treated us as if we were thier own. Their warmth, thier comfort I can remember as if it happened yesterday.

I'll NEVER forget it. They answered the question of what would Jesus do, what would any humane person do?

They did it without any forethought, without any return. I remained friends with them for years until I went into the Military...and lost contact with them.

I'll never forget that lesson they taught me of the right thing to do...And it is one of treasure they earned...my undying respect that will forevermore remain with me.

I love the Mormons they are great people. I get a lot of my bulk preps from their cannery.

By Sally Denton

The seeds of Romney's unique brand of conservatism were sown in the secretive, acquisitive, patriarchal, authoritarian religious empire.

When Mitt Romney received his patriarchal blessing as a Michigan teenager, he was told that the Lord expected great things from him. All young Mormon men — the “worthy males” of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as it is officially known — receive such a blessing as they embark on their requisite journeys as religious missionaries. But at 19 years of age, the youngest son of the most prominent Mormon in American politics — a seventh-generation direct descendant of one of the faith’s founding 12 apostles—Mitt Romney had been singled out as a destined leader.

From the time of his birth — March 13, 1947 — through adolescence and into manhood, the meshing of religion and politics was paramount in Mitt Romney’s life. Called “my miracle baby” by his mother, who had been told by her physician that it was impossible for her to bear a fourth child, Romney was christened Willard Mitt Romney in honor of close family friend and one of the richest Mormons in history, J. Willard Marriott.

Since his first campaign in 2008, Romney has attempted to keep debate about his religion out of the political discourse. The issue is not whether there is a religious test for political office; the Constitution prohibits it. Instead, the question is whether, past all of the flip-flops on virtually every policy, he has an underlying religious conception of the presidency and the American government. At the recent GOP presidential debate in Florida, Romney professed that the Declaration of Independence is a theological document, not specific to the rebellious 13 colonies, but establishing a covenant “between God and man.” Which would suggest that Mitt Romney views the American presidency as a theological office.

Much More: Is Mitt Romney's Candidacy Part of 'The Eternal Plan' of the Mormon Church? | News & Politics | AlterNet

Right wingers are incredibly stubborn about Mittens. They know he's dishonest, they know his religion is dangerous and goes against everything Christians believe as well as against the Constitution. They know he's far worse than a harmless fruitcake but they've been ordered to vote for "ABO" and by gawd, they'll do as they're ordered.

There is a lot on line but they won't read it ... for the same reason they refuse to read the accomplishments of President Obama. They last thing want is the confusion of FACTS.

I just saw the figure of 46% in Florida. Means more than half didn't vote for him.

This is where I stopped reading that liberal shit the Mormon Corporate. When ya'll get a big word stuck in your head you use it to it's fullest extent don't you?

You really think its better to stick your head in the sand and pretend Mitten's crazy cult is really just a nice harmless religion?

Until you deal with Mormons personally shut the fuck up.

So you're trying to claim that the Church's missionary work isn't because they want to redeem the souls of their fellow man, but really some 180+ years ago, some people came up with a secret political agenda and have been working at it since then in secret, through multiple generations?

You really might want to rethink this a bit.

This is where I stopped reading that liberal shit the Mormon Corporate. When ya'll get a big word stuck in your head you use it to it's fullest extent don't you?

You really think its better to stick your head in the sand and pretend Mitten's crazy cult is really just a nice harmless religion?

And it would be so much better if it were like, islam or something. :eusa_whistle:

They are more concerned with Government Corporate and how they can bilk taxpayers. WE are dealing with moochers on the left that want money any way they can get it as Government will give it to them.

They are a waste of time and energy.

Forum List

Back