Is Missouri "In Play?"

If either Ryan or Romney make a repeat of a series of misstatements like those of a couple of weeks ago, it would not surprise me to see the President take some of the Romney leaning states. The general voting population is beginning to get a feeling of fecklessness from the Romney campaign.

well yeah, I agree. Anything could happen. Romney could flub up, Obama could flub up. N.C. and Florida appear to be the biggest questions right now, but I thin some surprises in places like Missouri, Virginia, Ohio, and maybe even Arizona are very possible at this point.

At this point, I'd think that Obama would be best off helping out some Congressional and Gubernatorial candidates, in states where the demographics are shifting toward the Democrats. Arizona is a good place to start, but I wouldn't be surprised if states like Georgia, Louisiana, and South Carolina are starting to shift. Those are two states with African Americans moving back to the South, and large immigrant communities, especially from Southeast Asia.

Obama will not campaign in Missouri.

He is so toxic to Claire McCaskill that she would prefer to leap into a freshly dug grave and pull the dirt in behind her than to stand next to Obama at a campaign event.

Last edited:
If either Ryan or Romney make a repeat of a series of misstatements like those of a couple of weeks ago, it would not surprise me to see the President take some of the Romney leaning states. The general voting population is beginning to get a feeling of fecklessness from the Romney campaign.

Romney would REALLY have to expose his underbelly for Obama to go on the offensive in such a rash manner.

Obama is walloping Romney in nearly every state where they are both campaigning. Why change?

Obama's electoral advantage is sound and arguably locked up. Why change?

Also, there is a chance that exposing himself more could hurt him as much as it could help him.

Rassmussen's 9/11 poll of 500 "likely voters" (the latest poll on RCP) shows Romney with a 3 point lead. Considering Rassmussen's historical 4 point Republican bias, the fact that Obama has gained ground in battleground states across the board since 9/11, and the downward tug on Republican turnout in Missouri as the result of Akin and his rift with the GOP, is Obama in a position to steal this one?

My gut tells me no, but the numbers and circumstances don't appear very firm for Romney.

What's your take?

I feel Romney may win Missouri. Feel it pretty strongly, in fact.

However I'd be willing to bet money that a Democrat retains the senate seat as well as the governorship.

Obama will not campaign in Missouri.

He is so toxic to Claire McCaskill that she would prefer to leap into a freshly dug grave and pull the dirt in behind her than to stand next to Obama at a campaign event.

So very true. Even Jay Nixon's new motto seems to be "Experienced. Independent."

Last edited:

Romney would REALLY have to expose his underbelly for Obama to go on the offensive in such a rash manner.

Obama is walloping Romney in nearly every state where they are both campaigning. Why change?

Obama's electoral advantage is sound and arguably locked up. Why change?

Also, there is a chance that exposing himself more could hurt him as much as it could help him.

Probably correct there. The pressure is on Romney to create a game-changer, not Obama.

Forum List

Back