Is Mike Huckabee the new John McCain?

nor mine
i would take Romney over Huckabee
but i wanted Hunter
I really liked Mr. Romney when Rod asked me to go in his place and I met him. It really is a shame the so called Christian right wing had their heads up their asses this last go around.

Last edited:
I really liked Mr. Romney when Rod asked me to go in his place and I met him. It really is a shame the so called Christian right wing had their heads up their asses this last go around.
i dont really believe that was the case
not as a general rule, i think most of the christian right didnt like ANY of the candidates

i dont really believe that was the case
not as a general rule, i think most of the christian right didnt like ANY of the candidates
I suppose we'll disagree there on that. If he had not been Mormon I believe he had a very good shot at it. Between that and the fact he has biz interest in China really sunk him.

plus, huckabee is one nasty piece of work.

Huckabee is pretty despicable. I can't stand the guy, and I'm glad he's not running my state anymore. I'm also glad his buddy Asa Hutchinson wasn't elected in his place, because I couldn't stand that fuck either.

Currently Huckabee’s effort is three-fold. First, broaden his appeal beyond social conservatives: he is talking about the environment, balanced budgets and spending cuts. Second, don’t be afraid to whack other Republicans: he is out there slamming Romney, Gary Bauer and Fred Thompson. Third, try to nail down Iowa: he has been there a number of times and will return. He began his book-signing tour there -- first chapter of his book: “I Love Iowa”.

We forget that Huckabee is way to the right on social issues: he sought a constitutional ban on abortions, opposes civil unions and gay adoptions, wants to post the ten commandments in schools and impeach judges to bar legislature prayers to Jesus, advocated tax credits for Christian schooling, doesn’t believe in evolution, and advocated concealed-carry legislation. He advocated isolating everyone with HIV. He claimed that our “culture of life” separates us from Islamic fascists – in other words, the pro-choice movement is equivalent to al-Qa’ida.

Likewise fiscal issues: he wants to keep Bush’s tax cuts, flatten the tax structure (which would devastate the middle class), block bankruptcies (ditto), and reject the Kyoto carbon effort.

Palin will probably plow over Huckleberry like a Hummer over a wounded squirrel. She will represent the culture warriors while Romney represents the fiscal conservatives. Since Romney is richer than God, and Palin can raise money like gangbusters, they will have a dollar-for-dollar showdown on Super Tuesday. The winner will get crushed by Obama in November.

Other guys like Jindal and Pawlenty will probably wait this one out, in 2012. Romney can't because he's too old.

Just guessin'.

New Topics

Forum List

Back