Is medical marijuana good medicine?

Marijuana is so good for you, each student, starting in middle school should be provided with two joints a day to help them study.

First of all marijuana isn't medicine. It doesn't cure anything and in fact it's continued use probably has the same cancer factor as cigarettes. Marijuana is just another pain killer for mild as well as psychological and imagined pain.
You don't say.

There is another opinion. It is laid out in detail in a book called, Marijuana, The Forbidden Medicine, by Dr. Lester Grinspoon, MD, Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Marihuana-Dr-Lester-Grinspoon-M-D/dp/0300070861/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344702538&sr=8-1&keywords=Marijuana%2C+the+forbidden+medicine]Amazon.com: Marihuana: The Forbidden Medicine (9780300070866): Dr. Lester Grinspoon M.D., Dr. James B. Bakalar: Books[/ame]

Now whose opinion would you say is more authoritative -- Yours or Dr. Grinspoon's?

I'm going to seriously contemplate this discussion the next time I'm in the back seat of the Choomwagon.

I'm going to seriously contemplate this discussion the next time I'm in the back seat of the Choomwagon.

No no no.

Seriously consider it when you drag your son or daughter out of the backseat of the Choomwagon and try to discuss those failing grades.

No no no.

Seriously consider it when you drag your son or daughter out of the backseat of the Choomwagon and try to discuss those failing grades.

Their grades wont matter... It's what kind of score they can achieve playing Xbox 360, well chowing down on Doritos.

Marijuana is so good for you, each student, starting in middle school should be provided with two joints a day to help them study.
Marijuana should not be used by adolescents because their neurobiology is not fully developed and its use will affect their short-term memory -- which is critical to the learning process.

Marijuana should not be used by adolescents because their neurobiology is not fully developed and its use will affect their short-term memory -- which is critical to the learning process.

So educate them first before turning them into lazy bums... I think I got it.

No no no.

Their grades wont matter... It's what kind of score they can achieve playing Xbox 360, well chowing down on Doritos.

You're right. Grades don't matter, not of they can live off parents until they die, then move right into government support.

So educate them first before turning them into lazy bums... I think I got it.
If you really believe everyone who has ever enjoyed the effects of marijuana is a "lazy bum" that says a lot about you.

Let's put it this way, every person I have ever known that used marijuana has been a lazy bum whose energy was expended only in short bursts of violence.

Why do you think that Los Angeles just closed every pot shop in the city?
Because the medical marijuana program is a well-intentioned effort which in fact has occurred as an intermediary phase between the unnecessary and unreasonable madness of marijuana prohibition and the long overdue, rational status of full legalization.

While those doctors who are issuing prescriptions when there are no symptoms indicating need are called "unscrupulous" they are for the most part simply aware that marijuana is a relatively harmless tranquilizer that should not be illegal in the first place. It is highly unlikely that these same MDs would be as liberal about prescribing such comparatively insidious drugs as Oxycodone, Vicodin, etc.

Let's put it this way, every person I have ever known that used marijuana has been a lazy bum whose energy was expended only in short bursts of violence.
Where were you raised? In San Quentin?

Close, San Francisco which has no shortage of pot users.

Los Angeles closed the pot shops because they were out of control and so are the users.

They tried last year by only closing 400, but it wasn't good enough so they closed them all.

I think marijuana and all drugs should be legal, and shooting those under the influence on sight should be acceptable self defense.

Is medical marijuana good medicine?

That image alone tells the story of why medical marijuana is a bad joke, resulting in LA banning the pot stores.

Medical pot should only be sold by established pharmacies, and without any public display that pot is available, beyond a tiny sign on the door. Doctors who write pot prescriptions should face regular audits to assure that they are only giving prescriptions to those with real medical need.

Where were you raised? In San Quentin?

Close, San Francisco which has no shortage of pot users.

Los Angeles closed the pot shops because they were out of control and so are the users.

They tried last year by only closing 400, but it wasn't good enough so they closed them all.
"Out of control?" What exactly do you mean by that? How does an "out of control" marijuana user behave? Do they smile aggressively? Ask too many philosophical questions? Manifest "uncontrollable" munchies?

Consider that the only complaint against the medical marijuana dispensaries is too much marijuana is being dispensed. That's it. Not a valid example of any harm being caused by it. No crimes. No medical complaints. No offensive public behavior. Nothing. Just too many people circumventing a wholly redundant prohibition.

"Grades don't matter, not of they can live off parents until they die"

What do you mean? Their parents lived off the children. From whom have your Republicans and Democrats borrowed the future? The children!

Forum List

Back