Is McCain too old?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I was reading that if elected, McCain will be the oldest president ever to take office. He acts a bit confused on occasion, one day calling himself a liberal conservative, another day mixing up rival factions in Iraq...will his age limit his ability to be president?

I heard that if elected, Hillary will have the biggest cankles of any president to take office. This often causes circulation problems which can lead to lapses in memory and judgment because the brain isn't receiving enough blood and oxygen. Things like recalling sniper fire that never actually happened. Will her cankles limit her ability to be president?

Nice.

I was kind of surprised this weekend when my mother told me she wouldn't vote for McCain because of his age and the Hagee thing. She was an Obama supporter, and hates Hillary, so she's a little lost as to options.

Nice.

I was kind of surprised this weekend when my mother told me she wouldn't vote for McCain because of his age and the Hagee thing. She was an Obama supporter, and hates Hillary, so she's a little lost as to options.

You writing Macaca Obama off already?

Big deal. I'm 43 and I act confused on occasion. I am a liberal conservative. I am liberal or don't give a rip on most social issues, and I'm conservative when it comes to governmental, military, and fiscal issues. As for confusing the factions in Iraq, I'm sure there are days they don't even know whose side they're on. Is McCain old? You bet. Is it a legitimate concern? Worthy of discussion? Yes it is, just as Obama's pastor and his influence in Obama's life is a legitimate topic of discussion. Just as Hillary's penchant for lying is a legitimate topic of discussion.

Now, all that being said, McCain's mom is in her 90s and seems to be very alert and fully functioning. Whether or not those genes have been passed to her son, only time will tell.

I still have no idea where my vote is going in November, but I'm not overly concerned about McCain's age.

Honestly, I'm writing off both Obama and Clinton. This minister of his has half the liberals in the country saying there's nothing wrong with telling your kids to blame your problems on someone else, or saying AIDs was caused by the US government to hurt blacks, or to God Damn America because we aren't perfect. It hurts all Dems, not just Obama. It's all pretty twisted and discouraging, IMO.

yea.. george allen had a lot of success with that piece of vocab too.

It is not McCain's age that is so troublesome, it is the fact he sold his soul to the republican ideology church that is so discouraging. The man doesn't have the balls today to say anything is wrong. More of same, more of same, from John McSame we can do without.

"McCain approves of Bush’s war in Iraq and has vowed to stay the course. Although he originally opposed Bush’s tax cuts, McCain now pledges to make them permanent.

He also supports the privatizing of Social Security, which would put the retirement system at risk and add to the current federal deficit. Seemingly willing to do anything to get elected, McCain has flip-flopped on many issues to court conservative voters.

America has suffered greatly under President Bush. We don’t need to continue the pain with a McCain administration."

http://www.dunnconnect.com/articles/2008/03/12/letters/letters02.txt

I was reading that if elected, McCain will be the oldest president ever to take office. He acts a bit confused on occasion, one day calling himself a liberal conservative, another day mixing up rival factions in Iraq...will his age limit his ability to be president?

McCain will be 72 if he takes office. We've never elected a president over 65 before. If somehow he becomes president, and gets re-elected, then he'd be an 80 year old president.

I've heard people say Thompson couldn't get elected because he's too old...

McCain will be 72 if he takes office. We've never elected a president over 65 before. If somehow he becomes president, and gets re-elected, then he'd be an 80 year old president.

Ronald Reagan was 69 when he took office. He turned 70 the February after he was sworn in.

But that's ultimately just a cop-out. He was the only candidate the GOP offered besides Ron Paul that could claim conservative and make a good case for it.

The REAL issue is that voters are so dumb nowadays, that conservatives shunned their own for the guy who the fucking MEDIA pimped to them instead.

There aren't enough "maverick" voters in this country to elect someone who might actually CHANGE something. It's so much easier to just let the media pick for us, and we'll just go push the button.

But that's ultimately just a cop-out. He was the only candidate the GOP offered besides Ron Paul that could claim conservative and make a good case for it.

The REAL issue is that voters are so dumb nowadays, that conservatives shunned their own for the guy who the fucking MEDIA pimped to them instead.

There aren't enough "maverick" voters in this country to elect someone who might actually CHANGE something. It's so much easier to just let the media pick for us, and we'll just go push the button.

I would like to agree with you, but the media was black balling McCain to the point that they PIMPED every other candidate (except paul) to the public, and no one got any universal support from the conservatives, so they eventually started giving him attention again. Last fall some were predicting McCain to not last until January.

Ronald Reagan was 69 when he took office. He turned 70 the February after he was sworn in.

And he may have suffered from the onset of alzheimers while in office.

McCain went from a maverick to an ass kisser. He knows this is his last chance and he will blow the devil if needed, or Cheney--same thing.:evil:

I'm not sure of his age when in office, but I think Ike was fairly old too. he died in 1969 at the age of 78. He would have been 68 in 1959.

It is not McCain's age that is so troublesome, it is the fact he sold his soul to the republican ideology church that is so discouraging. The man doesn't have the balls today to say anything is wrong. More of same, more of same, from John McSame we can do without.

"McCain approves of Bush’s war in Iraq and has vowed to stay the course. Although he originally opposed Bush’s tax cuts, McCain now pledges to make them permanent.

He also supports the privatizing of Social Security, which would put the retirement system at risk and add to the current federal deficit. Seemingly willing to do anything to get elected, McCain has flip-flopped on many issues to court conservative voters.

America has suffered greatly under President Bush. We don’t need to continue the pain with a McCain administration."

http://www.dunnconnect.com/articles/2008/03/12/letters/letters02.txt

So you say do nothing to Social Security, "brainiac", haven't you been paying attention it isn't going to be able to sustain itself, the report was just released this week. You talk about the federal defecit as if it's caused by imaginary reasons, 56% of the federal budget is spent on social programs. That is causing the national debt to run up through the roof. But you do keep telling yourself if we privatize Social Security it's going to cause huge deficits, dumbass. The reason Social Security is unstable is because the democrats couldn't steal enough of the Social Security funds to pay for low lifes that don't want to get a job's vote. To the tune of 1.8 trillion dollars, so do take your lies and go back where you came from.

Are you serious, you mentioned church, I would stay away from that word (church) if I were you.

Forum List

Back