Is Marriage Dead?

Maddie thinks all you married gals are stupid little sheep who've been '[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Afraid-Womens-Studies-Garrett/dp/0759101744"]conned into institutionalized marriage and motherhood[/ame]'.

She wants you to be 'liberated', walk out on any children you have, reject men and embrace lesbianism as a political statement, and work to destroy the evil Patriarchy- and, of course, capitalism and Western civilization. If you marry a black woman, you get extra credit.

Standard far-left feminazi bullshit.

Of course, marriage isn't for everyone. One of the great achievements of early feminists was winning the right for each woman to pursue her own vision of happiness. Unfortunately, modern feminist leaders regularly abandon true independence for women in favor of a political agenda of expanded government dependency. In other words, they want women to reject traditional relationships with individual men in favor of a new provider named Uncle Sam.
Yet government is not a typical valentine. Relationships between people are voluntary; a relationship with government is not. When feminists prod politicians to promise child care, health care, welfare, and other forms of support, what they're really saying is that they will force some other hardworking American to pay these costs.
Compelling others to pay your tab is not independence. True freedom entails not only having choices, but also bearing the consequences for those decisions.
Women deserve better than the one-side perspective presented by the dependency divas that currently dominate college campuses. They should be exposed to facts that show how women are prospering, how marriage makes men and women healthier, happier, and safer, and how limited government can lead to greater prosperity and freedom for everyone.

Independent Women's Forum - Violence Against Valentine's Day

A good marriage is a beautiful thing, wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

and I really don't find it that "hard", it comes easy for matt and me....though, we were really good friends long before he asked me to marry him....so being a good friend with your spouse is probably the key!

Just being able to have someone to share your joyous times, and low times, and naughty and nice thoughts with, is worth it, let alone to plan your future with...I can't even imagine life without matthew....it seems like I have lived my entire life, with him in it....including childhood and teenage years and my entire twenties, seems like he was there with me....even though we had not met till my near middle twenties...

things I did in my early twenties or teens, seems like they were done with him....even though they were not... like who did you see ROCKY with, or STAR WARS with, at the movie theater? I just feel like or think like it was matt, even though it was some other guy....he thinks the same way...and always has to ask, like: 'Was it you that I saw JAWS with when it came out in the theaters?', ...... ' Duhhh, nooooo it was not me....we didn't even know eachother back then' ....but it FEELS LIKE we did....yes, weird....;)

we have been married for twenty years, 'no children to hold us together' either.

most marriages that fail and end in divorce, are people who have been married previously and failed...ala, elizabeth Taylor....7 or 8 marriages.

Maybe it is selfishness that breaks marriages apart, but imo it is more likely that these couples that divorce, did not pick their soulmate to marry in the first place....they were NOT READY for a commitment in the first place.

I failed, and was very young and was not ready to get married my first time around, it lasted about 3 years...before we divorced. Now, I hardly remember that i was married and divorced, before matt. It just seems like I dated the guy for few years, at the most... but nothing like the feelings and love, that Matt and I have for eachother....

My only true marriage, true commitment, has been with Matt....I guess we have just been blessed...?

though, in the middle class neighborhood that we lived, in Massachusetts, all of my neighbors were married (with children), only once...none were on their second or third marriage, and all of them seemed to have found their soul mates as well....

Even if we didn't have the marriage certificate, and were joined to each other in a common law marriage or by living together, I'm certain we would still be together...so the piece of paper, has nothing to do with it....the inner commitment to each other would still be there....

A good marriage is a beautiful thing, wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

and I really don't find it that "hard", it comes easy for matt and me....though, we were really good friends long before he asked me to marry him....so being a good friend with your spouse is probably the key!

Just being able to have someone to share your joyous times, and low times, and naughty and nice thoughts with, is worth it, let alone to plan your future with...I can't even imagine life without matthew....it seems like I have lived my entire life, with him in it....including childhood and teenage years and my entire twenties, seems like he was there with me....even though we had not met till my near middle twenties...

things I did in my early twenties or teens, seems like they were done with him....even though they were not... like who did you see ROCKY with, or STAR WARS with, at the movie theater? I just feel like or think like it was matt, even though it was some other guy....he thinks the same way...and always has to ask, like: 'Was it you that I saw JAWS with when it came out in the theaters?', ...... ' Duhhh, nooooo it was not me....we didn't even know eachother back then' ....but it FEELS LIKE we did....yes, weird....;)

we have been married for twenty years, 'no children to hold us together' either.

most marriages that fail and end in divorce, are people who have been married previously and failed...ala, elizabeth Taylor....7 or 8 marriages.

Maybe it is selfishness that breaks marriages apart, but imo it is more likely that these couples that divorce, did not pick their soulmate to marry in the first place....they were NOT READY for a commitment in the first place.

I failed, and was very young and was not ready to get married my first time around, it lasted about 3 years...before we divorced. Now, I hardly remember that i was married and divorced, before matt. It just seems like I dated the guy for few years, at the most... but nothing like the feelings and love, that Matt and I have for eachother....

My only true marriage, true commitment, has been with Matt....I guess we have just been blessed...?

though, in the middle class neighborhood that we lived, in Massachusetts, all of my neighbors were married (with children), only once...none were on their second or third marriage, and all of them seemed to have found their soul mates as well....

Even if we didn't have the marriage certificate, and were joined to each other in a common law marriage or by living together, I'm certain we would still be together...so the piece of paper, has nothing to do with it....the inner commitment to each other would still be there....

Congrats! Tend those home fires.

Forum List

Back