Is Mandatory Gun Insurance the Solution to Gun Violence?

No I do not think gun manufacturers will eat the costs

Yes, they will pass on the cost to gun buyers

I obviously could see that.

Why did you assume I didn't?

I made it very clear how it would be done.

I made it clear that the cost of that insurance would be part of the purchasing cost.

Why do you hate the poor? Why do you think they should not be allowed to defend themself? If you raise the price the consumer will be affected. The poor will not be able to buy a gun and defend themself. And the police are not legally obligaed to protect anyone. So why do you hate the poor?

You presume that the cost of the insurance would be very high.

I don't think it would be.

Or more to my point, I don't think it would have to be very high.

The cost of the prepaid insurance would really depend on who got compensated for gun related events, I suppose.

Are you joking? This insurence thing has nothing to do with safety. It's main goal is to take guns away from law abiding citizens. And thats what it will do.

My personal opinion is that if Poll Taxes violate the 14th Amendment then so would Mandatory Insurance. Of course Gun grabbers have never actually cared what the Constitution says.

Depends what the mandatory insurance is for! If its a right, like gun ownership or living (in the case of mandatory health insurance), then mandatory insurance is unconstitutional. However, if its a privilege, like driving a car, then mandatory insurance is consitutional!

The original proposition I read about was for people who have a carry permit, that would make some sense.

Getting a permit should pass the mustard on legitimacy, but requiring expensive insurance would be an unreasonable burden on gun ownership (a constitutional right) and should fail. To infringe on a constitional right, you have to meet a high level of scrutiny. This would fail.

I love on liberals love to infringe on someone's gun ownership rights, but requiring an ID to vote, is "facist!"

Depends what the mandatory insurance is for! If its a right, like gun ownership or living (in the case of mandatory health insurance), then mandatory insurance is unconstitutional. However, if its a privilege, like driving a car, then mandatory insurance is consitutional!

The original proposition I read about was for people who have a carry permit, that would make some sense.

Getting a permit should pass the mustard on legitimacy, but requiring expensive insurance would be an unreasonable burden on gun ownership (a constitutional right) and should fail. To infringe on a constitional right, you have to meet a high level of scrutiny. This would fail.

I love on liberals love to infringe on someone's gun ownership rights, but requiring an ID to vote, is "facist!"

but requiring an ID to vote, is "facist!"

Some how thats just differant you know it just has to be.

Forum List

Back