Is Mandatory Gun Insurance the Solution to Gun Violence?

No.

Gun and bullet tracking is the solution.

Followed by total responsibility for the actions of a gun you sold..or own.

No.

No to bullet tracking and no to gun tracking. That just makes it easier to find out who has guns when it's time to take them away.

No.

I am responsible for the actions of a gun I sold? Am I also responsible for the actions of a car I sell? People are only responsible for their actions, not the actions of inanimate objects, especially ones they do not own.

Yeah right and we would wind up with an uninsured gun owners surcharge on our insurance bill.

I wonder are left wingnuts or insurance companies pushing this?

Here we go again. So why is this even a question? Why are they trying to forec the law abiding citizen to hand over their guns? Do the gun grabbers think a criminal will go out and get insurance for their guns?

<url link invalidated due to some board regulation ...>
In a society that entertains itself with movies with extreme violence, I take the stand that I will never own a weapon. Or see another movie where that is the primary "entertainment." Go on and shoot me, animals. I know where I'm going when I die. Do you?

Sadly those who choose to "defend" their homes have children, how many of the children killed themselves or their friends accidentally? Was it really worth it, compared to the crime rate in your area?

How many children were so miserable they found it so easy to take their own lives?

Legislating responsibility is no easy matter, I realize. And even if those who are responsible outnumber the ones who are irresponsible, do you really think the answer is to open the doors to every single person?

I do not want to live in a society where everyone is free to carry a concealed weapon without some guarantee that person has some responsibility. And having insurance is not enough.

Here we go again. So why is this even a question? Why are they trying to forec the law abiding citizen to hand over their guns? Do the gun grabbers think a criminal will go out and get insurance for their guns?

In a society that entertains itself with movies with extreme violence, I take the stand that I will never own a weapon. Or see another movie where that is the primary "entertainment." Go on and shoot me, animals. I know where I'm going when I die. Do you?

Sadly those who choose to "defend" their homes have children, how many of the children killed themselves or their friends accidentally? Was it really worth it, compared to the crime rate in your area?

How many children were so miserable they found it so easy to take their own lives?

Legislating responsibility is no easy matter, I realize. And even if those who are responsible outnumber the ones who are irresponsible, do you really think the answer is to open the doors to every single person?

I do not want to live in a society where everyone is free to carry a concealed weapon without some guarantee that person has some responsibility. And having insurance is not enough.

Move to the UK, they are banning chef's knives and requiring ID to purchase pizza cutters, you should feel very comfortable.

Funny thing though, gun violence is going up there.

Less then a thousand deaths a year to accidents and suicides? Please if someone is going to actually kill themselves they do not need a gun.

You want to remove my right to a firearm, you have 2 choices.... Pass an amendment and fight the ensuing civil war or pass a law and fight the ensuing civil war. By the way? Come to my door to seize my weapons and a couple people will die. I am sure I will be one of them but it is not a right I will surrender.

I do not want to live in a society where everyone is free to carry a concealed weapon without some guarantee that person has some responsibility. And having insurance is not enough

A plane ticket one way would be enough for you.

LOOK here sparky I am a grown man thats does not take very well to have another to tell me through legislation they are creating a law for my own safety. I do not want their safety.

OH we got to do it for the children? how many times is that lie been to to take more money or rights from people?

A small number. Now home many children have been killed or harmedby a home invader?

I tell you what since you are for new legislation let's kill hollywood no more movies no more tv no more toys. Let teach personal respondsibility? Hows that?

Move to the UK, they are banning chef's knives and requiring ID to purchase pizza cutters, you should feel very comfortable.

Yes it is strange how that works, no guns in the hands of the law abiding and still people die with a gun.

Less then a thousand deaths a year to accidents and suicides? Please if someone is going to actually kill themselves they do not need a gun.

You want to remove my right to a firearm, you have 2 choices.... Pass an amendment and fight the ensuing civil war or pass a law and fight the ensuing civil war. By the way? Come to my door to seize my weapons and a couple people will die. I am sure I will be one of them but it is not a right I will surrender.

As an honest person you can take my word as a bond, I will put several holes through anyone that will come to my door, thinking they will come for my guns. They are mine and no one can have them just as my rights are mine no one is going to legislate them away under the disguise of safety.

There is that option for people who want to live in the safety web of the government.

My personal opinion is that if Poll Taxes violate the 14th Amendment then so would Mandatory Insurance. Of course Gun grabbers have never actually cared what the Constitution says.

My personal opinion is that if Poll Taxes violate the 14th Amendment then so would Mandatory Insurance. Of course Gun grabbers have never actually cared what the Constitution says.

If obamacare will be ruled unconstitution than this will if it becomes law. But the gun grabbers will not accept this.

Insurance on guns isn't a POLL TAX.

A poll tax is a tax imposed on voters.

Besides, having to buy insurance isn't a tax, it's a fee.

And FWIW, the tax should not be imposed on the owners, but on the gun and ammunition manufacturers.

When you buy the piece the tax is part purchase cost.

Isn't fair? you say?

I agree

Few taxes are really fair.

Last edited:

A poll tax is a tex inposed on voters.

Beaises, having to buy insurance isn't a tax, it's a fee.

And the government cannot force you to buy a product. Because owning a gun is not a previledge but a right.

And the government cannot force you to buy a product. Because owning a gun is not a previledge but a right.

They would not be forcing you to buy anything.

If you bought a gum, the insurance fees would be prepaid by the manufacturer. and that cost would be part of the purchase price.

Think of it like a VAT tax on guns.

They would not be forcing you to buy anything.

If you bought a gum, the insurance fees would be prepaid by the manufacturer. and that cost would be part of the purchase price.

Think of it like a VAT tax on guns.
OH they tryed to use that argument for healthcare coverage, it's failing just as this will fail.
the insurance fees would be prepaid by the manufacturer

So you think the gun manufacturers will eat this lose? No they won't they will pass the charge on to the consumers. Why can't people see this? Adding an extra tax never hurst big busniess it always hurts the consumer.

Forum List

Back