Is Love Better for Men's or Women's Health?

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
Is marriage good for your health? In general, research suggests yes. Married people live longer, have better access to health care, enjoy a more satisfying sex life, experience less stress, live a healthier lifestyle, and have lower rates of heart disease, diabetes and depression compared to their single counterparts.

The list of health perks conferred by marriage is so long, in fact, that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has made it a centerpiece of its two-year-old, $5 million national media campaign to promote wedded bliss.

Is Love Better for Men's or Women's Health? - FoxNews.com

What does the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Say?

Love:

Avoid if at all possible.

Sums it up right there. :razz:

men's

married men live longer than single men...

single women live longer than married women

I'll agree with this to a certain extent.

Married men live longer because of the wife curbing some pretty bad behaviors.

Married women live a little less longer because of the same reason.

What does the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Say?

Love:

Avoid if at all possible.

Sums it up right there. :razz:

What the hell does LOVE have to do with Marriage?

Besides, love is a wonderful, mythical creation of 12th Century author Sir Thomas Mallory in his epic tome "Le Mort D'Arthur". It's not like it really exists anyway.

If love were better marked, people wouldn't fall in so much

Can we get some cones put out or something to give people a little warning?

LOL. Love doesn't exist. At least Romantic Love doesn't really exist. I'm almost 37 years old and I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen or experienced it, so I have a very difficult time believing it actually exists. The closest I've ever come was a crush on the cute redhead in my fifth grade class.

men's

I'll agree with this to a certain extent.

Married men live longer because of the wife curbing some pretty bad behaviors.

Married women live a little less longer because of the same reason.

Actually it pretty much evens out. Women help men curb bad habits and get regular check ups etc. Helping with their physical health.

Men help women's mental health. Married women tend to feel less daily stress and are less likely to be depressed.

men's

Women. Y'all are emotional.

Example: Before having sex, women need a reason (love). Men on the other hand, only need a place. ;)

Marriage is probably good deal for men then. Married men have more sex,and the sex is also more satisfying than what their single friends are experiencing.

For women on the other hand ...not so much...the wooing has stopped and they feel under appreciated.

Last edited:
Marriage is probably good deal for men then. Married men have more sex,and the sex is also more satisfying than what their single friends are experiencing.

Hmm. Maybe that's got something to do with why I (male) actually seem to feel better when I'm NOT in a relationship. Sex is NOT the primary, or even the secondary purpose and goal of a relationship so far as I'm concerned. Never has been. So if SEX is the predominant positive effect for men in a relationship, that might be why being in one doesn't seem to do much for me except increase my stress level, decrease my time available to work out, make me eat less healthfully, and just generally be a less pleasant person all around.

I don't think sex is said to be the main benefit. Just one of many...like financial stability,curbing vices, and better over all health benefits (physically and mentally). It's maily two partners looking out for each others weaknesses and well being.

If love were better marked, people wouldn't fall in so much

Can we get some cones put out or something to give people a little warning?

LOL. Love doesn't exist. At least Romantic Love doesn't really exist. I'm almost 37 years old and I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen or experienced it, so I have a very difficult time believing it actually exists. The closest I've ever come was a crush on the cute redhead in my fifth grade class.
The knives in my back tell me all there is to know when it comes to such things

Forum List

Back