Is Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal the top candidate for McCain’s running mate?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by TPhenom01, Jun 16, 2008.

1. TPhenom01

TPhenom01 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday, Newt Gingrich made an appearance on CBS endorsing current Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal as a top-notch Vice Presidential candidate for John McCain in the general election. Jindal is only 37 years old, but is fairly reputable within the Republican Party.

With his conservative nature and youth, Jindal appears to be a controversial choice despite his quality, brief track record. Do you all believe that Jindal is as good of a Vice Presidential candidate as Gingrich, who referred to him as an excellent Governor, seems to believe he is?

FYI, There is an article on the front page of ToTheCenter.com that is very intriguing, specifically due to the quote it provides from Gingrich in regards to Jindal's experience.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,811
    I read something the other day that said he was an exorcist.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    He's probably a better candidate for the Presidency than either of the two currently running.

4. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,103
    Jindal is too young.

He could be a leading GOP contender in 2016 after President Obama finishes his second term!

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Keep dreaming. It was so nice for the 12 years that followed you lefties putting Carter in office for the 4 he lasted. Same clown, different mask.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,185
    why not jeb bush? he did a great job in florida and his brother band father weren't too bad at running the free world. that's 12 yrs of bush knowledge jeb could tap. hillary counts her husbands experience so why can't jeb count his dad & brothers? jeb would stay the course and god told his brother to invade iraq. dude, he's got gods endorsment! if you don't pick jeb, you neo cons are pusies. and hypocrites. proof gop and bush wrong on everything. throwing mccain to the wolves and give it time. jeb will run in 2020. smart bastards to let ppl forget.

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,185
    newt admitted the gop knew all along that corporations are contributing to global warming but they don't like regulations so they pretend it is debatable. so we spent 6 yrs wasting time debating fact. they also don't want to pay taxes to go green. I understand why corporations want to deny global warming, I just don't get what you guys had to gain. you defend the rich who now we are finding out pais NO taxes in some cases. you want to pretend mccain and this NO gop puppet are a option. you will find out you were lied to 100 times. you gop make no sense. you aren't rich enough. you r average americans

8. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,103
    I've never been called a Leftie before! :hmpf:

And I supported Reagan, Reagan, Bush I, Bush I and Dole.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  9. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,103
    No more Clintons. No more Bushes.

Is this country of 300 million people really that bereft of talent that only two families can run it?

The plan was for Jeb to run in 2000. He was supposed to have won in 1994, setting the stage for a run six years later. However, he lost to Lawton Chiles and didn't win until 1998. The country would have been better off had Jeb won. He's smarter than his brother.

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    I've asked this before, but never got an answer. The true believers keep talking about Carter. I fail to see much comparison between Obama and Carter other than in the wishful thinking of the right.

So, please explain what specific issues you think Obama and Carter would agree on that Clinton didn't agree on as well. (I use Clinton as the comparitive b/c he and Carter are clearly in different places on the presidential approval scale).