Is Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal the top candidate for McCain’s running mate?

TPhenom01

Rookie
Jun 10, 2008
Yesterday, Newt Gingrich made an appearance on CBS endorsing current Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal as a top-notch Vice Presidential candidate for John McCain in the general election. Jindal is only 37 years old, but is fairly reputable within the Republican Party.

With his conservative nature and youth, Jindal appears to be a controversial choice despite his quality, brief track record. Do you all believe that Jindal is as good of a Vice Presidential candidate as Gingrich, who referred to him as an excellent Governor, seems to believe he is?

FYI, There is an article on the front page of ToTheCenter.com that is very intriguing, specifically due to the quote it provides from Gingrich in regards to Jindal's experience.

Yesterday, Newt Gingrich made an appearance on CBS endorsing current Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal as a top-notch Vice Presidential candidate for John McCain in the general election. Jindal is only 37 years old, but is fairly reputable within the Republican Party.

With his conservative nature and youth, Jindal appears to be a controversial choice despite his quality, brief track record. Do you all believe that Jindal is as good of a Vice Presidential candidate as Gingrich, who referred to him as an excellent Governor, seems to believe he is?

FYI, There is an article on the front page of ToTheCenter.com that is very intriguing, specifically due to the quote it provides from Gingrich in regards to Jindal's experience.

He's probably a better candidate for the Presidency than either of the two currently running.

Jindal is too young.

He could be a leading GOP contender in 2016 after President Obama finishes his second term!

Keep dreaming. It was so nice for the 12 years that followed you lefties putting Carter in office for the 4 he lasted. Same clown, different mask.

why not jeb bush? he did a great job in florida and his brother band father weren't too bad at running the free world. that's 12 yrs of bush knowledge jeb could tap. hillary counts her husbands experience so why can't jeb count his dad & brothers? jeb would stay the course and god told his brother to invade iraq. dude, he's got gods endorsment! if you don't pick jeb, you neo cons are pusies. and hypocrites. proof gop and bush wrong on everything. throwing mccain to the wolves and give it time. jeb will run in 2020. smart bastards to let ppl forget.

newt admitted the gop knew all along that corporations are contributing to global warming but they don't like regulations so they pretend it is debatable. so we spent 6 yrs wasting time debating fact. they also don't want to pay taxes to go green. I understand why corporations want to deny global warming, I just don't get what you guys had to gain. you defend the rich who now we are finding out pais NO taxes in some cases. you want to pretend mccain and this NO gop puppet are a option. you will find out you were lied to 100 times. you gop make no sense. you aren't rich enough. you r average americans

why not jeb bush? he did a great job in florida and his brother band father weren't too bad at running the free world. that's 12 yrs of bush knowledge jeb could tap. hillary counts her husbands experience so why can't jeb count his dad & brothers? jeb would stay the course and god told his brother to invade iraq. dude, he's got gods endorsment! if you don't pick jeb, you neo cons are pusies. and hypocrites. proof gop and bush wrong on everything. throwing mccain to the wolves and give it time. jeb will run in 2020. smart bastards to let ppl forget.

No more Clintons. No more Bushes.

Is this country of 300 million people really that bereft of talent that only two families can run it?

The plan was for Jeb to run in 2000. He was supposed to have won in 1994, setting the stage for a run six years later. However, he lost to Lawton Chiles and didn't win until 1998. The country would have been better off had Jeb won. He's smarter than his brother.

Keep dreaming. It was so nice for the 12 years that followed you lefties putting Carter in office for the 4 he lasted. Same clown, different mask.

I've asked this before, but never got an answer. The true believers keep talking about Carter. I fail to see much comparison between Obama and Carter other than in the wishful thinking of the right.

So, please explain what specific issues you think Obama and Carter would agree on that Clinton didn't agree on as well. (I use Clinton as the comparitive b/c he and Carter are clearly in different places on the presidential approval scale).

obama is going to make rr better to compete with airlines so ppl have alternatives! every idea he has is GOLD. he just said he likes free trade, just not any agreement. s korea sends stuff here but won't take our stuff? special interest! so clear. wake up.

I've asked this before, but never got an answer. The true believers keep talking about Carter. I fail to see much comparison between Obama and Carter other than in the wishful thinking of the right.

So, please explain what specific issues you think Obama and Carter would agree on that Clinton didn't agree on as well. (I use Clinton as the comparitive b/c he and Carter are clearly in different places on the presidential approval scale).

I didn't say they agreed on issues.

Clinton shifted to the right and took a moderate-left stance or he'd never have gotten elected. The same ploy failed for Hillary.

The comparison between Carter and Obama is once again the dems are embracing a far-left candidate making promises he can't keep. Carter was the big change. He was going to go to Washington and do things different and do them his way.

And it worked so well.:rolleyes:

Obama's just a repackaging of the same crap. He's going to go to Washington and he's either going to play ball with the party or he won't have any left. They'll cut them off. Playing ball with the party means he can kiss those promies goodbye.

Well, except the one where we get our taxes jacked. They'll jump on that one quick enough.

And I guess I'm just entertaining myself by even bothering to respond. You liberals won't even look at your candidate. If a Republican was acting in the same manner Obama is you'd scream until your lungs burst.

Windfall profits taxes on the oil companies...raising the corporate tax rates...bigger government....should I go on.....

Jindal nor Crist cannot be McCain's choice because they are too inexperienced. Neither one has a one full term as governor under their belt. McCain is going to make the claim that he is experienced and Obama is not. Therefore if he would pick a candidate that has as little experience as Obama, then his argument would go out the window. My VP Predictions: Mitt Romney and Bill Richardson.

Jindal nor Crist cannot be McCain's choice because they are too inexperienced. Neither one has a one full term as governor under their belt. McCain is going to make the claim that he is experienced and Obama is not. Therefore if he would pick a candidate that has as little experience as Obama, then his argument would go out the window. My VP Predictions: Mitt Romney and Bill Richardson.

My guess...Carly Fiorina

that woman was forced to leave her company. she failed. mitts a scary pick because ppl vote for a pretty face and whites will vote mormon before black. and they don't realize ceo's are what's ruining america. mitt actually was a good man until he sold his soul to delay, I mean the devil. chaney and rove already already bit mccain. he will be alive in 100 yrs to win iraq. I hope gop picks condy or lieberman. rumsfeld is still running things.

and I hope obama picks richardson? can't think who I like more.

Crist isn't a conservative. He's a populist.

Plus, nobody is sure if he's straight or not.

It's just a guess, to appeal to women voters. She was also touted as the most powerful woman in business.

She is articulate and photogenic, but she wasn't a good CEO. Her biggest noteworthy act was to buy Compaq, which destroyed value for the company. HP's stock began rising after her successor, Mark Hurd - who is a very good CEO - took over. She was also an executive at Lucent when the company was committing all the accounting irregularities. She had nothing to do with it, but that could be an issue.

Fiorina is a great saleswoman, but not much else. Maybe that's all she needs.

Forum List

Back