Is Linux as good as many people say??

Woo hoo! I got my Sandisk SSD in the mail an hour ago and here I be with a fresh install of Kubuntu on it. All updated and everything. I wasn't quite sure what would happen with the exact same thing on the hard drive (along with Mint 17.3) but it didn't care. I thought it would be OK but wasn't sure.

One interesting thing, the Sandisk is a 250gb and I only get 120gb. Plenty enough since I will use the HD for storage but I'm glad I didn't save a few bucks and get the 120 drive! I know they want some unallocated space on these things but half? Dayum.
BIOS issue perhaps ?
BTW any real speed difference other than booting ?

Woo hoo! I got my Sandisk SSD in the mail an hour ago and here I be with a fresh install of Kubuntu on it. All updated and everything. I wasn't quite sure what would happen with the exact same thing on the hard drive (along with Mint 17.3) but it didn't care. I thought it would be OK but wasn't sure.

One interesting thing, the Sandisk is a 250gb and I only get 120gb. Plenty enough since I will use the HD for storage but I'm glad I didn't save a few bucks and get the 120 drive! I know they want some unallocated space on these things but half? Dayum.
BIOS issue perhaps ?
BTW any real speed difference other than booting ?
On the size? I don't think so but I can research it. It's a non issue really, I just looked at the partition manager and it's only using 5 gigs of 111 gigs. And it was smart enough to keep using the swap file on the hard disk.

The difference is everything flies. It boots in a few seconds and programs just pop open.

Forum List

Back