CDZ Is Legalizing Marijuana the Same as Legalizing Public Intoxication?

Officers already stop drivers who may be driving under the influence of pot or percoset or ambien or coke- and have to determine whether they are impaired first- and then determine by what second.

"How can driving under it's influence be effectively determined'? I proposed just such a method.

No, you didn't. How can officers determine "by what" other than by physical evidence or admission? A "strong smell of marijuana" is unlikely to stand up in court and will be plead down to a minor infraction or dismissed. Are you satisfied with this outcome?

Officers already stop drivers who may be driving under the influence of pot or percoset or ambien or coke- and have to determine whether they are impaired first- and then determine by what second.

"How can driving under it's influence be effectively determined'? I proposed just such a method.

No, you didn't. How can officers determine "by what" other than by physical evidence or admission? A "strong smell of marijuana" is unlikely to stand up in court and will be plead down to a minor infraction or dismissed. Are you satisfied with this outcome?

The 'by what' frankly shouldn't matter, unless the 'by what' was due to an unforeseen medical complication(a stroke or other physical condition that would make a person a danger to driving).

What is the point of these laws? To penalize those who use 'drugs' or to penalize those who drive when they are too mentally incapacitated to drive?

The reasons- alcohol, coke, meth, pot, Ambien, percoset- really doesn't matter- what matters is the inability to drive responsibly.

And I spelled it out.

Anyway- like I said- the issue exists right now- and exists for every potentially intoxicating drug- and that will not change when Pot is legalized.

Feel free to read up on what states are doing about the issue

Marijuana Laws and Driving in Washington and Colorado

There seem to be open container and public intoxication laws regarding alcohol, but I am not aware of similar laws in States that have legalized marijuana. Am I missing something here?
Public intoxication on marijuana is not the same as public intoxication on alcohol, which is visible and bothersome.

There seem to be open container and public intoxication laws regarding alcohol, but I am not aware of similar laws in States that have legalized marijuana. Am I missing something here?
people smoking a joint do not act like an intoxicated drunk...drunks are more on par with people on pcp

Ipso facto, comparing marijuana laws to prohibition is a false analogy.

Forum List

Back