Is leaving Iraq a good-thing or a bad-thing?

Do you agree with Obama or McCain regarding leaving Iraq?

• I believe Obama is correct. Its time to bring the troops home

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • I support McCain in that we should keep US troops in Iraq, period.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
You seem to be forgetting that the "Butcher of Baghdad" killed more Iraqis than the wars did.
How Many People Has Saddam Hussein Killed?

You also forget that Saddam's regime loved to do real torture, including:
cutting off limbs, beating feet with pipes, hanging from meat hooks, electrocutions, burying alive, throwing from roofs, killing Kurds with mustard gas, painting with acid, etc.
You can argue it wasn't a "just war", but IMHO the regime change was a very good thing.

All you write is just relativisation of 2002-03 period.
It just shows, that Americans are still not able to reprocess what has happened.
You just have to look around and even in this thread there are some surreal demands that ask for US compensation from Iraq.

Wrong. The "Butcher of Baghdad" reigned much longer than just 2002-2003. We "processed" Saddam and his fucked-up larvae, and are giving Iraq a shot at democracy. Not sure what your "relativisation" is trying to say, I'm happy Saddam is gone.

I think this is the right thing and we should of done it 5 years ago. Obama wins some points for this...ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

Yup. Its been a while since he did something right militarily. YOu know, the Bin Laden thing. That was months ago. :eusa_whistle:

(SOFA). Leaving Iraq at this time was a Bush/Iraq Government agreement signed years ago. Obama didn't decide to leave anything. Use your Google and Wiki Machines people.

Four-thousand plus dead, 30,000+ wounded, a trillion dollars pissed away, and no oil.

What a fucking fiasco thanks to Cheney and his loyal sidekick Lil' Bush.

^These are the coalition numbers.

The Iraqi numbers are over one hundred thousand seriously injured. 50,000 soldiers dead and almost 900,000 iraqi civilian deaths.
From the beginning, I didn't understand what an exit strategy might look like. We'll pull out uniforms, but the dirty secret is we'll leave contractors. The US never leaves.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back