CDZ Is kneeling the most effective protest?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by sakinago, Sep 29, 2017.

1. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,148
    You missed one. The Russians. Yup, I said it, the Russians. Want evidence? Who financially (through surrogates of course) backed Trump, BLM, Clinton, and now Antifa? If you said "Russia", you would be correct. So, yeah, keep on giving the Russians what they want, keep on being divided and divisive, I assure you that Putin is only playing around and has no intentions of making a power play. His expansionist intentions only include Ukraine, and other former members of the USSR. He has no plans to undermine the USA, none at all.

2. SSGT Bags

SSGT Bags Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +131
    OH, let's tell the WHOLE story shall we?
    Weeks earlier the spineless multi-millionaire half-white CK wears socks with pig faces wearing police hats.
    The NFL says nothing, even thought it violates the NFL Handbook (not rule book).
    Now he take a knee, again violating the NFL handbook.
    Again - no fines!
    Why?
    Goodell is a PC woosie!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,346
    What doed the rulebook actually say?

4. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,346
    CK is being mercilessly attacked by the rightwing media for much the same reasons, acting on his beliefs.

5. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +576
    FWIW, I'm about 6 miles from Ferguson, my oldest had his first ice cream cone at the old Whistle Stop there and my Mustang's wheels come from the looted Zisser Tire and Auto (I did not loot mine lol!). So I see some protesters.

I LOVE the kneeling for the anthem idea. Kneeling is not the most disrespectful thing anyone can do. Heck, Catholics spend half of mass getting up and down from kneeling to their god. Blocking traffic angers people. Folks need to get their kids from daycare and the like. Rioting just empowers the racists to speak their minds and sets back race relations 50 years. Although it is nice to know who the racists are I admit.

This kneeling thing is the least dangerous and disruptive form of protest I have seen in a long time. It also gets TONS of attention. I have gone from not caring to thinking its a GREAT idea. Hell, my friends and associates would love it if I just knelt quietly and respectfully whenever they did anything I disagreed with.

The anti-kneelers are some pretty sensitive folks IMO. Not counting those who just have a case of flag and anthem worship largely due to military brainwashing techniques, most anti-kneelers fall into the group that (correctly) makes fun of schools for being too sensitive and renaming Halloween "Fall Holiday" or whatever. Hypocrisy at work.

In conclusion I wish I could think of more things as peaceful and effective as kneeling during the anthem to tell my friends and neighbors to go do when they feel the need to protest. If you have ideas give them to me.

6. danielpalos

danielpalos Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,989
    Well regulated militia may have one rank kneel while the other rank stands behind them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,052
    Ok again, I think you’re missing the point, just because YOU do not see it as being disrespectful, does not mean others DO see it as disrespectful. And we are talking about 52% (last stat I saw on the matter) who do see it as disrespectful, either to the troops, police, the nation, or a combination of all 3. So when you just kind of declare it as not being disrespectful, you’re kind of not listening to 52% of the population. It’s also not fair to lump in those 52% of people who find it disrespectful into the same group. Not everyone has the same degree of feeling the dis on the matter. Some have been very upset with it from the get go (at first kapernick just sat on the bench for it, until a service member asked him to at least kneel for it, so the story goes. And to make matters worse, he wore the pigs with police hat socks which was INDEED very disrespectful, and then wore a Castro shirt...yes someone who cried about oppression celebrated a man who executed and imprisoned thousands of thousands of political dissidents for decades). Some people don’t like it but say hey that’s their choice. And others didn’t really loose their shit until trump piped up on the matter, and then even more players knelt, and that really set some people off because it defied trump. Some people don’t care all that much, but are just sick and tired of politics being shoved down the throats of everyone, even when it comes to sports, which is supposed to be an escape from it for them.

I think the way the cowboys did it, where they all knelt together before hand, but stood for the anthem was the way to go about it. Certainly a much much better way to get the message across without upsetting people. Which is what this kneeling thing has really turned into, it’s not even about the issues anymore, it’s more of a kneeling in defiance to trump, and the equivalent of doing just a hashtag (#insertjustcause) publicly on twitter as a replacement of actually talking the issue out.

If we were actually talking the issue out, the conversation would go a lot differently. But when you starting point is there is a systemic racism among police, and police are committing murder left and right against black people...well that’s not gonna go over well, it’s not really reality, and it’s just more of the creating/manufacturing of a class of victims as a kind of form of peacocking, and pandering against reason that even people who don’t care much about politics (not just those right of center) have had enough of. This is one of the reasons trump won an election he never should have (as well as Hillary being a terrible candidate, but trump was just as bad). The difference is trump didn’t talk like a politician, or pander like a politician, he called it like he saw it (which wasn’t always the way it actually was), which was a stark contrast to the crazy direction PC was taking us.

And just because kneeling is not as bad rioting...doesn’t make it that much more effective. And rioting was also the starting point of BLM, and still attached to BLM. We had over a year of rioting, before the facts would even come out. That’s still gonna be stuck in people’s minds when you kneel. You’re kneeling for the cause that didn’t really condemn rioting as strong as they should have

8. Cossack1483

Cossack1483 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Time to leave the kneelgros behind ; in the dust. As a new Advanced White Society emerges from the hot cheetos and newports.

9. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,132
    The Confederate flag isn't necessarily racist, it's treasonous, that's what it is.

10. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,052
    Wouldn’t burning the flag be treasonous too?