Is John McCain Smarter Than The Rest of Us?

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Over the past few days I've been pretty much resigned to Obama becoming the next President. It just seems McCain is up against too much headwind. Examples:

1. Obama is much better communicator than McCain.
2. The major media's absolute hate of Governor Palin.
3. The economic crises.
4. The foreign policy debate that turned into an economic debate for 30 minutes.
5. The absolute refusal of the major media to look in Obama's past connections.
6. Bush.

There's probably other points but you get the idea.

Yet, as of today, Gallup has McCain down only 6 points. Yesterday he was down 8 points. Obama, with the wind to his back, can't seem to close the deal.

Now we all know McCain's been left for dead before, both literally and figuratively.

So that got me to thinking: Is McCain smarter than we think?

I sure hope so.

McCain's very smart, and very cagey.

But regardless, his support has more to do with what the American people want to see with regards to policy than whether or not he's smart. No matter how smart he is, he can't use brain waves to force the American people to do his bidding.

Examples:

3. The economic crises.
4. The foreign policy debate that turned into an economic debate for 30 minutes.
6. Bush.

7. Supports the Bailout Bill.

I sure hope so.

No. Look at how he got torpedoed by his own party in the 2000 elections in South Carolina. He was a hell of lot more on the ball then then now.

He shoots from the hip and misses the targe too often.

He is erratic and right now desperate to win.

I hope him well in another endeavor.

Over the past few days I've been pretty much resigned to Obama becoming the next President. It just seems McCain is up against too much headwind. Examples:

3. The economic crises.
6. Bush.

There's probably other points but you get the idea.

Yet, as of today, Gallup has McCain down only 6 points. Yesterday he was down 8 points. Obama, with the wind to his back, can't seem to close the deal.

Now we all know McCain's been left for dead before, both literally and figuratively.

I sure hope so.

No

Forum List

Back