Is John McCain intentionally trying to lose this election?

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
Seriously... he seems to be intentionally sabotaging himself at every turn.

First he picks Palin. A virtual unknown to the national scene who had a pregnant 17 year old daughter and who was in the midst of a scandal in her home state and who has little to no experience after making experience his main campaign issue against Obama

Second he begins running a shady and integrity challenged campaign after promising to do right by the American people

Third he comes out and says the fundamentals of the economy are strong on the same day the market drops 500 points

Fourth he makes contradicting statements all week having to explain and/or clarify constantly or back peddle when its clear he had no clue what he's talking about. He makes knee jerk comments and comes off looking and acting erratic

Fifth he suspends his campaign and tries to delay the debates to go back to washington and then doesn't go back to washington for 2 days at which time his presence causes the deal to fall apart

Sixth he once again back peddles and shows up at the debate after saying he wouldn't unless a deal was struck.

Seventh in the debate he seems angry and stubborn. Refuses to look Obama in the eye and doesn't really lay out a clear plan for the future, instead focuses on the past

Eighth takes credit for the bailout bill and bringing the parties together only to have the bill fail in the House and then blames Obama for it's failure.

All these things seem to be the work of someone who does NOT want to win in November. McCain is not a stupid man. He has to know what he's doing because it seems the minute he started going up in the polls and pulling ahead of Obama he started really fucking up royal. It seems intentional to me. I think McCain wants to be a Senator but not the President.

And now he has to defend his Paliln Pick.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AFP) - Republican White House hopeful John McCain on Monday defended his running mate Sarah Palin amid growing criticism of the vice presidential nominee, telling supporters "she's going to be my partner in Washington."

McCain devoted the beginning of his speech to praise Palin , in the first rally since he announced the suspension of his campaign last week in response to the country's financial crisis.

"She's a bit of a maverick herself," McCain told the rally in Columbus, Ohio.

"She's going to be my partner in Washington. She's a leader and knows what it means to put country first," he said.

Palin has faced rising criticism in the press, including among conservative commentators, for avoiding the media over the last four weeks. The attacks have also expressed doubts about the Alaska governor's potential ability to serve as vice president.

McCain defends running mate Palin - Yahoo! News

McCain is like a pilot whose plane is crashing.

He is pushing every button hoping something will work.

I think there's no doubt that Palin has become a liability to Republican ticket.

As I've said before, I'd feel sorry for her were it not for the fact that too much is at stake.

Biden is a talker. If he's smart, he'll keep his answers brief and to the point and just let Palin speak as much as possible. (In doing so, she'll be writing Tina Fey's next comedy spot.) The worst thing Biden can do is be condescending to her.

Yeah, I agree...Biden needs to stick to the points and not ramble. He also needs to treat her as an equal and address her in a manner befitting a VP candidate.

I ultimately think Palin will be the downfall of the McCain ticket. I wouldn't be shocked if come late Wednesday night some medical emergency, either involving her newborn or Bristol crops up and they use that as an excuse to "postpone" the debate because how could anyone argue with that?

Yeah, I agree...Biden needs to stick to the points and not ramble. He also needs to treat her as an equal and address her in a manner befitting a VP candidate.

I ultimately think Palin will be the downfall of the McCain ticket. I wouldn't be shocked if come late Wednesday night some medical emergency, either involving her newborn or Bristol crops up and they use that as an excuse to "postpone" the debate because how could anyone argue with that?

I'm sure you'd find a way. You'd probably tell them to abort Bristol's baby or just toss Trig in a dumpster, because lord knows you can't postpone a debate for a real emergency.

Biden needs to shut up and let Palin talk as much as possible. The more she talks, the more it hurts Republicans.

And jsanders...wtf? That was pretty bitch.

I'm sure you'd find a way. You'd probably tell them to abort Bristol's baby or just toss Trig in a dumpster, because lord knows you can't postpone a debate for a real emergency.

what the fuck does that even mean you moron!

are you already planning on a "real" emergency JS? :eusa_whistle:

What a crass and arrogant remark. You know damn well that wasn't what was meant. Even some conservatives have said this. Don't worry, when Obama wins he won't place the Torah in hotels to replace the bibles like I heard today.:cuckoo:

Biden does need to show her respect unlike McCain who wouldn't even make eye contact with Obama as senator to senator.

As was Silence's accusation that Palin would use her family to get out of a debate.

just an observation...hell McCain tried to use the economic crisis to get out of Friday's debate... I don't think it's a leap of speculation to think it's possible this could happen. I'm sure it wouldn't be HER idea but the McCain camp knows how much is riding on this debate.

However, if my theory is right and McCain is in fact trying to lose the election I guess he would want her to go out there and ramble in her nonsensical, completely out of touch way. Really scare the fuck out of America and seal his fate.

I'm glad to see so many Obama fans have such low expectations for Palin. But you might want to check out the video of her debate during the Republican primary for Alaska governor against 3 other men, including the incumbent governor who hoped to run for re-election without any trouble. Instead he lost his job and Palin won the nomination. Her debate with the Democrat and Independent candidates for governor (and the Democrat candidate was a former two-term governor of Alaska) was no less well done -links to both videos were posted on another thread.

Palin's failure to win Lt. Governor is the reason she came to statewide notice in the first place. It was because of her performance in THAT debate -although she ran against 4 others, including the incumbent Lt. Governor. She had the smallest campaign budget of the 5, was dead last in the polls -until after that debate when she ended up finishing second in the primary election. Apparently you really do think a fool and idiot of a governor can garner an unheard of 80% approval rating for her performance as governor - by being a fool and idiot.

So you think Palin will be much less prepared for this debate? I'm glad you seem to be counting on it. Due to liberals with their nonstop insistence this woman is stupid, now she has to do no better than hold her own to be declared the outright winner. Good job liberals.

Palin sure didnt postpone her speech in texas when she experience an amino leak. I guess the premature birth (?) of your handicap child is not an emergency.

As was Silence's accusation that Palin would use her family to get out of a debate.

McCain did try to use the economic crisis in order to delay the debate between Palin and Biden.

If anyone looked behind the curtain, they'd know that. It wasn't really about delaying the debate between Obama/McCain (though McCain wasn't obviously ready himself).

Palin is in "Debate Camp" in AZ until the day before the debate. They wanted more time to get her prepared to debate Joe Biden because they know she will get destroyed.

That was the point of the delay by McCain. Push his and Obama's debate to the date of when Palin and Biden's is suppose to be and give Palin least another week.

Though it will be interesting since Palin isn't releasing her tax returns until AFTER the debate. Wonder why? ;)

Last edited:
Today, Mr. Macho I'm a Real Leader Who Get's Involved, criticized Obama for phoning in.

All McBumbles did when he was in Arlington was spend time on the phone callilng in to other politicians.

He is a liar and I don't think he knows he's lying. Plus I love the crowds who smile and jump up and down for him when he makes some dumb ass remark.

Wait, I'm sorry, I know he said he wasn't known as Ms Congeniality. He needs to add that he isn't know as Mr. Truth Teller also.

Today, Mr. Macho I'm a Real Leader Who Get's Involved, criticized Obama for phoning in.

All McBumbles did when he was in Arlington was spend time on the phone callilng in to other politicians.

He is a liar and I don't think he knows he's lying. Plus I love the crowds who smile and jump up and down for him when he makes some dumb ass remark.

Wait, I'm sorry, I know he said he wasn't known as Ms Congeniality. He needs to add that he isn't know as Mr. Truth Teller also.

He wishes Sarah Palin was known as Miss Congeniality though. He'll just be left with this though:

$sarah-pain-monopoly.jpg

Forum List

Back