Is John Kerry the Next Ronald Reagan?

tallgaloot

Rookie
Oct 23, 2004
He seems to think as much. Did you hear him compare himself to Reagan during the debate the other night? My friend is working on this film you guys should check out. It's kind of interesting when you see what else Kerry had to say about Reagan. Let me know what you think.

tallgaloot said:
He seems to think as much. Did you hear him compare himself to Reagan during the debate the other night? My friend is working on this film you guys should check out. It's kind of interesting when you see what else Kerry had to say about Reagan. Let me know what you think.

I find it ironic since he was the one leading the charge against Reagan's so called irresponsible actions in bringing down the Soviet Union. Anything toi win an election goes to new lengths when you look at Kerry's political history.

You need to go back one more President. Kerry is the next Carter, if anything. Anyone that was around in the late 70's know just how frightening that is.

Jimmyeatworld said:
You need to go back one more President. Kerry is the next Carter, if anything. Anyone that was around in the late 70's know just how frightening that is.

Too bloody right, Jimmy. Ronald Reagan snatched this republic back from the abyss - it's as simple as that.

For once, I actually understood a Kerry message.

Jimmy Carter lost his reelection because:

1. Oil prices HAD shot through the roof
2. The economy WAS bad
3. Iranian Terrorists HAD him by the b&lls; taking many hostages at one time

Now G.W. Bush is struggling to win reelection because:

1. Oil prices HAS shot through the roof
2. The economy IS bad
3. Iraqi Terrorists HAS him by the b&lls; taking many "heads" at one time

So what is John Kerry saying in his comparison to Ronald Reagan?

Is he saying that he is the next "Ronald Reagan" by virture of history, or is he saying that GW Bush is the Republican Party's "Jimmy Carter".

"Ignorance is a Weapon of Mass Destruction. The world would be a better place to live if we can rid all nations of such WMDs"

:flameth:

hylandrdet said:

2. The economy WAS bad

2. The economy IS bad

Is he saying that he is the next "Ronald Reagan" by virture of history, or is he saying that GW Bush is the Republican Party's "Jimmy Carter".

"Ignorance is a Weapon of Mass Destruction. The world would be a better place to live if we can rid all nations of such WMDs"

:flameth:

Hyrda. The economy isnt bad. We have frickin full employment going. We have minimal inflation. We arent even in a recession anymore. What makes you think the economy is bad?

Iraqi terrorists are dying. We arent trying to negociate with them like Carter did, we are kill them.

You libs are living in a fantasy world.

Yeah, things are just like they were when Carter was Pres. alright.

I bought my first house during the Carter years. I used my VA cert. to negotiate a
lower interest rate combined with a special state bond program for first time home buyers,
which also dropped my interest rate a bit. Yeah boy, when I walked away from that
closing table with a 12 1/2% rate it was a steal!!! The norm at time was around 20%.

What are the rates today in this F-ck up economy? 5-6%? Without any special programs.

Here's what I think of ole Jimmy.:gross2:

tallgaloot said:

how dare he compare hiself (a low life scumbag) to one of the greatest preseidents that this country had. me to Kerry ---->:finger:

Hopefully, he'll end up like Reagan in one respect, that he'll have a kid who preaches opposing political values in his name after he's too dead to object. As for the other comparisons: not a chance.

tallgaloot said:
I'm surprised the old boy hasn't shown up at a campaign stop in a toga and tried to convince us he's the next Ceasar.

Hey, what about that photo of him goose hunting the other day? Was it me or did he remind anyone else of Gomer Pyle? Gawwwwwwwwwwwwly Sargeant Carter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Carters......yes, I remember the Carter Administration's mishandling of just about everything. I remember someone making the comment that he was voting for Reagan because Carter had gotten inflation "down" to 18%. But screwing up the economy wasn't enought. He managed to get us embroiled in the Iran Hostage Crisis, our Special Forces people were so ill equipped that their copters crashed in the desert on their way to rescuing the the hostages and they couldn't rescue them. Strange how the Iranians suddenly let them go once Ronald Reagan became president ...... how about that......I guess the Iranians knew what they were up against.

So here's Carter, one of the worst presidents in the 20th century (if not THE worst) and he's trying to give us all the benefit of his vast experience of running this country into the ground. The only idiot that he can get to listen to him is Michael Moore.

tallgaloot said:

The only way Kerry can compare himself to Ronald Reagan is they both share the ability to act.

:dunno:
lilcountriegal said:
The only way Kerry can compare himself to Ronald Reagan is they both share the ability to act.

Kerry as a actor compared to Ronald Reagan-We'll maybe ! He is not convincing to most if not all critics-I'll give him a B movie actor rating-maybe along the line of Chuckie part IV or Halloween the continuing saga! :eek2:

I think for anyone who was old enought to appreciate Ron, just the mere question is offensive.

hylandrdet said:

2. The economy WAS bad

2. The economy IS bad

I'll give you this - when you step in crap, you don't pick the small pile!

A comparison of Carter to Bush is like comparing Richard Simmons to Arnold Schwarzenegger. Carter was a spineless, indecisive, weak-kneed, watery-eyed gutless wonder. We still suffer from the cowardly actions of Carter's foreign policies. He sat while 50 Americans were held hostage in Iran. He allowed a senile, homicidal fanatic to hold this nation up to ridicule in front of the entire world. He gave away the Panama Canal while receiving thinly veiled threats from Noriega. When the Soviets were uncooperative, Carter's response was to punish American athletes by refusing to allow them to participate in the Olympics. Later, Carter again "punished" the Soviets by screwing over American farmers whose wheat would have been sold to Russia. Carter's response to the arab oil embargo was to tell Americans to suck it up and turn down their thermostats that winter. Carter even had the gall to blame the results of his ineffective leadership on the "malaise" of the American people. Carter was a typical blame America first leftist. The fact that the kerry campaign would trot out this tired old loser speaks volumes in regard to the current philosophies of liberals.

Not only do you fail to take the facts into account in effects of Carter's "leadership", but you also reveal a huge lack of knowledge regarding the Carter economy. Carter did accomplish a few good things - he broke up AT&T's monopoly and he got a start on deregulating trucking. But he pursued a staunch anti-business agenda. His stupid and frivolous lawsuits against IBM and then later, cereal makers were dropped by the justice department soon after Carter was kicked out of office.

During Carter's tenure, there were long lines for gasoline, unemployment approached ten percent, inflation was in double digits, as was the fed's prime rate. Loans, when they were available had interest rates of up to twenty percent attached to them. I remember that I had once certificate of deposit in a local bank which paid sixteen percent.

Carter, like most of his ilk suffers under the delusion that the solution to any problem is more government. He has the dubious distinction of being the ony president who imposed peacetime price controls. Naturally, these price controls, imposed by incompetent Carter administration hacks, had exactly the opposite of the intended effect. We ended up with shortages of some items and surpluses of others.

During Carter's administration, oil prices went up because of hostile actions by the oil cartel.

During the Bush administration, oil prices have gone up because of market pressures and the effect of the war in Iraq.

I don't think I need to belabor your incorrect premise regarding the relative economies any further.

During Carter's administration, a fanatical ayatollah held fifty (not one at a time) American hostage. Carter did nothing about it.

During the Bush administration, hostages are captured one at a time. But with each hostage taken, the insurgents lose about a hundred of their number.

What you lack is a willingness to objectively assess the situation. If you took the time to view the facts without filtering them through liberal distortions, you would not have made such an unsupportable statement. Nor would you be able to compare kerry to Reagan. Perhaps you might find that you would even be unable to support a sleaze like kerry to be the next president.

Note to viewers: a good sign of a troll is someone who starts a thread on opinion then does not reply to any challanges or thoughts offered.

Merlin1047 said:
I'll give you this - when you step in crap, you don't pick the small pile!

A comparison of Carter to Bush is like comparing Richard Simmons to Arnold Schwarzenegger. Carter was a spineless, indecisive, weak-kneed, watery-eyed gutless wonder. We still suffer from the cowardly actions of Carter's foreign policies. He sat while 50 Americans were held hostage in Iran. He allowed a senile, homicidal fanatic to hold this nation up to ridicule in front of the entire world. He gave away the Panama Canal while receiving thinly veiled threats from Noriega. When the Soviets were uncooperative, Carter's response was to punish American athletes by refusing to allow them to participate in the Olympics. Later, Carter again "punished" the Soviets by screwing over American farmers whose wheat would have been sold to Russia. Carter's response to the arab oil embargo was to tell Americans to suck it up and turn down their thermostats that winter. Carter even had the gall to blame the results of his ineffective leadership on the "malaise" of the American people. Carter was a typical blame America first leftist. The fact that the kerry campaign would trot out this tired old loser speaks volumes in regard to the current philosophies of liberals.

Not only do you fail to take the facts into account in effects of Carter's "leadership", but you also reveal a huge lack of knowledge regarding the Carter economy. Carter did accomplish a few good things - he broke up AT&T's monopoly and he got a start on deregulating trucking. But he pursued a staunch anti-business agenda. His stupid and frivolous lawsuits against IBM and then later, cereal makers were dropped by the justice department soon after Carter was kicked out of office.

During Carter's tenure, there were long lines for gasoline, unemployment approached ten percent, inflation was in double digits, as was the fed's prime rate. Loans, when they were available had interest rates of up to twenty percent attached to them. I remember that I had once certificate of deposit in a local bank which paid sixteen percent.

Carter, like most of his ilk suffers under the delusion that the solution to any problem is more government. He has the dubious distinction of being the ony president who imposed peacetime price controls. Naturally, these price controls, imposed by incompetent Carter administration hacks, had exactly the opposite of the intended effect. We ended up with shortages of some items and surpluses of others.

During Carter's administration, oil prices went up because of hostile actions by the oil cartel.

During the Bush administration, oil prices have gone up because of market pressures and the effect of the war in Iraq.

I don't think I need to belabor your incorrect premise regarding the relative economies any further.

During Carter's administration, a fanatical ayatollah held fifty (not one at a time) American hostage. Carter did nothing about it.

During the Bush administration, hostages are captured one at a time. But with each hostage taken, the insurgents lose about a hundred of their number.

What you lack is a willingness to objectively assess the situation. If you took the time to view the facts without filtering them through liberal distortions, you would not have made such an unsupportable statement. Nor would you be able to compare kerry to Reagan. Perhaps you might find that you would even be unable to support a sleaze like kerry to be the next president.

Sure Merlin , all of what you say may be true but what about all of the respect and adoration Carter garnered Internationally with his sweater wearing , fireside chats?
I worked with a guy from Lebanon at the time and he told me about the total joke Carter was among the brain surgeons in the Middle East . He told me this as someone who loved this country and was worried about what would happen to us under such a pussy (cat of course). :laugh:

Forum List

Back