Is Jack Thompson going to take away our freedoms?

bobbigboy

Rookie
Jul 21, 2008
Jack Thompson has spearheaded the movement to ban video games from store shelves! Jace Hall is finally fighting back for gamers everywhere. This Thursday the battle begins...

"The Jace Hall Show"

Google it.

uh, jack got disbarred. You are a lil late on this one, buddy.

On June 4, 2008, prosecutor Sheila Tuma recommended 'enhanced disbarment' for Thompson, saying that Thompson demonstrated continued misconduct, a pattern of misconduct and persistently failed to admit any wrongdoing. Enhanced disbarment lengthens the period before an attorney may reapply for admission to the bar from five years to ten. After being prevented from making a speech to begin the disciplinary hearing, Thompson distributed his written objections to lawyers, a court reporter, and a newspaper reporter, departed the courtroom, and called the proceedings against him a "star chamber" and "kangaroo court."[130]

On July 10, 2008 Judge Dava Tunis recommended permanent disbarment and a $43,000 dollar fine for Thompson to the Florida Supreme Court.[131][132]

Jack Thompson (attorney) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jack Thompson just stands for this constant barrage on our freedoms and the movement to regulate everything we do, including entertainment. He may be in the process of becoming disbarred, but someone will step up into his place and take over.

oh I dunno.. I think Jack's farce was pretty clear. There will always be Tipper Gore's out there.

and Grand Theft Auto probably NEEDS to be restricted to adults.

oh I dunno.. I think Jack's farce was pretty clear. There will always be Tipper Gore's out there. and Grand Theft Auto probably NEEDS to be restricted to adults.

??? what shogun are suggesting people can be influenced by games...and er ah say movies or books?

or is it just minors who are swayable ... inotherwords at the magic age of 18 people suddenly becomes rocks?

just curious here...

hehehehe...

I dont think it's the influence so much as it is the "shooting hookers and stealing cars" aspect of the game. In other news, X rated movies don't case sex despite their age restrictions.

These games need to be available to adults. I know we've heard the argument a thousand and one times, but parents need to step in and be involved in what their kids are playing. Jack Thompson wants this stuff to be unavailable to ANYONE. I am an adult and am fully capable of distinguishing the GTA world from this one. The option should be there if I choose to play it. We should not be allowing young children to be subjected to such things.

It probably does. But we don't really need regulation for that, do we? I mean, are parents even relevant anymore?

oh I dunno.. I think Jack's farce was pretty clear. There will always be Tipper Gore's out there.

Im not even sure some adults need to be playing it. Cause honestly, I am not sure many adults can separate reality from the game.

However, its up for people to decide. But children should not be playing this.

im all for the adult market on games, cartoons and the like.

Forum List

Back