Is it true John Boehner's district has 95 structurally unsafe bridges?

R

rdean

Just something I heard. Is it true? Seems connecting communities is important. Sounds like "jobs".

Just something I heard. Is it true? Seems connecting communities is important. Sounds like "jobs".

i think that's partly the point. but more to the point is if people in these districts think their representatives are going to vote against putting them back to work AND maintaining infrastructure, then they aren't going to be very happy with their elected representative.

Simple rule rdean, if you hear it, and post it, it is probably not true.
That has worked out very well for me, and it should work just as well for you.

The Ross Island Bridge here in Portland is closed to anything over 20 tons. Does that mean the Blumenauer, or Nancy Pelosi are responsible?

One can still blame Republicans, as the county Commission was all Republican back in 1923 when it was built, and they used recycled spans from the old Burnside bridge and they built the approaches on an underground river.

rogersz.jpg

Hmm....maybe I have it all wrong...but I thought Bridges and roadways was a state issue?
But hell...their Governor once worked for Fox news...so there you go...we all know therefore that Murdoch has something to do with this....probably gave the money to Teabaggers.

Hmm....maybe I have it all wrong...but I thought Bridges and roadways was a state issue?
But hell...their Governor once worked for Fox news...so there you go...we all know therefore that Murdoch has something to do with this....probably gave the money to Teabaggers.

You might..

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

You might..

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

I didn't see "repair bridges" there

There are levees and dams in this country 100 years old...some totally unsafe. One thing for sure, a Republican isn't going to waste any time or money on the problem. They like to shuffle papers and quadruple their wealth like they did during the two terms of George W. Bush while the middle class disappears in America. Half of the problem in this country is that so much money is made without producing anything.

If either party is interested in helping the working class in this country why aren't they enforcing laws on the books which prohibit employing illegals as part of the work force? I'll guarantee you that most of the illegals wouldn't even be here if they couldn't find jobs.

Does anyone remember who H. Ross Perot is? Does anyone remember him taking part in the 1992 presidential debates with Bush41 and Bill Clinton. Do you remember his statement about what the "giant sucking sound" was going to be after NAFTA was signed?
It was jobs leaving the country.

You might..

Um...no.
You could say that this would empower Congress to buy every American a stress ball.
That is the problem with cherry picking portions of documents and also ignoring a couple centuries of amendments and written agreements.

#AttackWatch: One of your borg is going off message again, this time it's questioning the validity of information before accepting it! Better get that one back in the shop for re-programming.

Forum List

Back