Is it true? Hillary Clinton says no to second term...

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
... and no to another run for President?

Clinton says no second term as secretary of state - WJW

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday she has no desire to continue in the job if President Barack Obama wins a second term in 2012. And she said she doesn't want to be president either.

This is not a post to bash Hillary although I highly suspect the thread will quickly fall into that kind of a thread.

I think Hillary is probably the most likely person to put Barack Obama on the sidelines in 2013. I do not think there is a Republican on the radar screen that has a realistic shot although it is way to early to make such a statement. Hillary is probably the only person that could have accomplished that task. Quite frankly, I think she has done a commendable job as SoS. At least I can't think of any snafus off the top of my head.

America without a Clinton in some kind of office. How long has it been?

Immie

I don't know what to make of it. It is clear she won't stay in the Obama administration after he wins in 2012.
Will she change her tune in 2016?
You never know. There does not seem to be a strong Democratic field in 2016

I don't know what to make of it. It is clear she won't stay in the Obama administration after he wins in 2012.

There's not a strong Democratic field in 2012 either. :eusa_whistle:

I am sure if I were within arms reach of her, this post would get me slapped, but she just seems too old to wait until 2016... but then as I look at her bio on wiki, I see she was born in '47 and that would only make her 69, I suppose that is not "too old" as Presidents go.

Immie

I was gonna say that. :evil:

On topic: Hillary said it so it must be true... cuz we all know Democrats don't lie. :eusa_angel:

I was gonna say that. :evil:

On topic: Hillary said it so it must be true... cuz we all know Democrats don't lie. :eusa_angel:

Okay! Point taken there CG. :lol:

But then I would change that to say we all know Politicians don't lie because Republicans are no different than Democrats.

Immie

Yes. It's true. She said it.

Just keep in mind she is a politician. So she might be less than honest.

Yes. It's true. She said it.

Just keep in mind she is a politician. So she might be less than honest.

Well, I suppose if the Republican Party twisted her arm and offered it to her she might have a change of heart. Who knows, they just might be desperate enough to try that. :lol:

Immie

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday she has no desire to continue in the job if President Barack Obama wins a second term in 2012. And she said she doesn't want to be president either.

This is not a post to bash Hillary although I highly suspect the thread will quickly fall into that kind of a thread.

I think Hillary is probably the most likely person to put Barack Obama on the sidelines in 2013. I do not think there is a Republican on the radar screen that has a realistic shot although it is way to early to make such a statement. Hillary is probably the only person that could have accomplished that task. Quite frankly, I think she has done a commendable job as SoS. At least I can't think of any snafus off the top of my head.

Immie

Well She is probably worn out for one thing. And I dont think The administration gets along to well considering that they always seem to make different comments on the same issues, throw a hectic international scene who the hell would want to go for four more years. Obama will need to trim some fat if he wants to stand a chance in 2012. Hillery would be an asset for sure. Really, they all look burnt out and raggedy like a second term administration does. As long as Newt or Huckabee are not selected to run Obama is done.

Immie

Well She is probably worn out for one thing. And I dont think The administration gets along to well considering that they always seem to make different comments on the same issues, throw a hectic international scene who the hell would want to go for four more years. Obama will need to trim some fat if he wants to stand a chance in 2012. Hillery would be an asset for sure. Really, they all look burnt out and raggedy like a second term administration does. As long as Newt or Huckabee are not selected to run Obama is done.

I honestly can not think of a single Republican that I would even consider voting for at the moment except for possibly Colin Powell and he is as likely to run as a Democrat as he is a Republican although he doesn't want the job.

Can you tell me which Republican you think has a real shot and why?

FWIW I'm down on both parties and have been for several years. I honestly do not see a viable Republican candidate on the horizon nor even a Democratic candidate that I think can defeat Obama. I may be wrong and it is still too early to tell, but from my perspective... they all suck! :lol:

Immie

I am sure if I were within arms reach of her, this post would get me slapped, but she just seems too old to wait until 2016... but then as I look at her bio on wiki, I see she was born in '47 and that would only make her 69, I suppose that is not "too old" as Presidents go.

Immie
Hillary would be a few months younger than Reagan was. He turned 70 a few days after his inauguration.

Last edited:

Immie

I honestly can not think of a single Republican that I would even consider voting for at the moment except for possibly Colin Powell and he is as likely to run as a Democrat as he is a Republican although he doesn't want the job.

Can you tell me which Republican you think has a real shot and why?

FWIW I'm down on both parties and have been for several years. I honestly do not see a viable Republican candidate on the horizon nor even a Democratic candidate that I think can defeat Obama. I may be wrong and it is still too early to tell, but from my perspective... they all suck! :lol:

Immie

I would look you in the eye while I scratched my head, because I just dont know. I do know Newt cant do it and Huckabee cant do it. If its one of them, Obama has an easy election.

You're delusional bro. Your joke Obama is finished along with his Health care scam. Just sayin..... :cool: ~BH

The more I think about this, the more politically savvy I think Hill is. She'll run in 2016.... staying a loyal soldier to the party all the way. I used to think she would oppose Obama in the 2012 primary, but concluded a couple of months ago that ain't happening.

We can't damn her for her loyalty, we can only admire it.

Immie
Hillary would be a few months younger than Reagan was. He turned 70 a few days after his inauguration.

That's why I said that I suppose she would not be too old. McCain would have been 72 or 73. I felt he was too old. Of course, I disliked McCain as much if not more than I disliked Kerry four years before.

My opinion of Hillary has changed over the last 30 years. I still would not vote for her, because I refuse to vote for either party any longer, although I could possibly vote for Powell, but her husband's numbers went up in my books and so has hers. I think she has done well in her position as SoS.

Immie

Immie

Your Obamarhhoidal bullshit regarding: "As long as Newt or Huckabee are not selected to run Obama is done."....... isn't fooling anyone.

Say what you mean, you fucking LibTURD.

You are FEARFUL that if Huckabee or Newt run, then the semi-exposed MONUMENTAL FRAUD, The Pathological Liar and Stone Cold MARXIST Obami Salaami will be toast !!!

As to Hellary.....she will run against Obami Salaami as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow in the morn.

You know that......we all know that.

THEN.....the Republicans will have a battle on their hands.

Either way......The MONUMENTAL FRAUD is toast because this POS doesn't have a chance against Hellary.

Last edited:
Hilary is a dried up old fart who's better days are well behind her. She really needs to be put out to pasture. Thanks Hilary- you showed up and muddled through the job with as much fake joy and optimism as you could muster out of your dark miserable soul. Thanks a bunch, now go away.... and take your Husband with you. Yeah, we appreciate it. We really do. Now. Go. A. WAY! :lol:

As for the fool that currently occupies the White House - BO is facing an uphill battle regardless of the Republican nominee. Obamacare was passed in such a sleazy, disgusting way that it may end up hanging him.

He's a terrible leader to boot....Things get tough- he goes on vacation. Japan is melting down- he's making NCAA picks. Qadaffi is murdering thousands of his own citizens - BO's out playing golf.

He's shown himself to be a dilettante that is WAY over his head. Voters can be dumb, but they aren't stupid. He's got a lot of 'splainin' to do and he will be facing a major battle to get re-elected.

The more I think about this, the more politically savvy I think Hill is. She'll run in 2016.... staying a loyal soldier to the party all the way. I used to think she would oppose Obama in the 2012 primary, but concluded a couple of months ago that ain't happening.

We can't damn her for her loyalty, we can only admire it.

I think she'll be 69 by then. I'd love it if she ran but maybe she won't be motivated. It's relentless, tiring, expensive.

Her decision:

The interview will be broadcast on CNN this evening, so make sure to skip it! Here’s the transcript part, helpfully sent out by CNN:

Full transcript:

Q- If the president is reelected, do you want to serve a second term as secretary of state?

No

Q- Would you like to serve as secretary of defense?

No

Q- Would you like to be vice president of the United States?

No

Q- Would you like to be president of the United States?

No

- Wonkette's blog

Forum List

Back