CDZ Is it Treason

That said, our most dangerous enemies are domestic and are busy undermining us on the world stage.

There is nothing in America more Orwellian than the Democratic Party and its intent.

I would remind you that it is the Republicans who gave us the DHS, the TSA, the secret FISA courts, and the illegal NSA domestic surveillance programs.

No different than FDR locking up the Japanese.

I would argue that was far more egregious.

In times of war, certain changes are necessary.

None of those were.

I think it's kind of scary that some people think if you are not as star spangled awesome as... (what would be the standard anyway?)... the penalty should be death or life in prison. Those are the penalties for treason correct? That sounds a lot like North Korea. It's a not a far slide to jingoism from patriotism; but hey, when did that ever kill anyone?

That said, our most dangerous enemies are domestic and are busy undermining us on the world stage.

There is nothing in America more Orwellian than the Democratic Party and its intent.

I would remind you that it is the Republicans who gave us the DHS, the TSA, the secret FISA courts, and the illegal NSA domestic surveillance programs.

No different than FDR locking up the Japanese.

I would argue that was far more egregious.

In times of war, certain changes are necessary.

None of those were.

A matter of opinion.

A lot of opinions above with very little substance. Having said that, I challenge all of you to get what you are try to say in several very concise paragraphs, give us the links to read for ourselves, and thank you for discussing an important subject.

If we are not going to put overseas, then we can easily reduce the size of the ground forces. More Spec Ops, Ranger battalions, Green Berets, and four or five active divisions with a force reserve of thirteen divisions in the USAR and NG.

Air, sub, nuclear and tech divisions should all be multiplied.

What is the threat?
Defense contractors not getting billions in Americans' tax dollars.

Defense contractors not getting AS MANY billions in Americans' tax dollars.

xdangerousxdavex, et al,

Most people don't really understand the impact of voting for one candidate over the other. That is because they really don't know where the candidate's integrity rests.

Why treason? American people praise freedom and justice but what the government do abroad usually upsets our people.
(COMMENT)

I'm a hard science guy, so like many, I am somewhat confused --- myself. I am often baffled when I listen to Political Scientists (few of whom are actually in politics), Political Pundits (the Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, Chris Mathews. Keith Olbermann, Charles Krauthammer, George Will, etc etc etc --- and my two personal favorites Al Franken and Stephen Colbert), and the Candidate/Politicians themselves (none of which I trust any farther than a hungry Used Car Salesman).

Most candidate/politicians tell you what they think you want to hear, say nothing words that don't answer the questions, believe that most people don't understand (or are incapable of understanding the issues), and believe that if they are voted into office, that is a mandate of some sort and vote they way they want --- not necessarily the way the electorate wants. Most Candidates/Politicians secretly believe that they owe their allegiance to the Party Machine that supplied the capacity for them to win the election; without which --- they would not have won the election and their livelihood.

Most people don't vote on both domestic issues and simultaneously the foreign policy issues. When they vote for members of the House and Senate, they don't vote on the basis of how that will impact the appointment (confirmation) of Judges, Ambassadors, Cabinet Officers, etc etc. They don't vote on how that will forge foreign policy or how that will impact domestic employment, the maintenance of the national infrastructure, Pell Grants/Student Loans, Research and Development, the Space Program (America - once the leader in space exploration now has Astronauts that have to hitchhike into space), etc, etc.

Foreign Policy is a totally mysterious thing for most Americans. The closest that most Americans get to it, is answering the call to duty (or sending their children to answer the call to duty --- generation after generation --- WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, etc).

We definitely don't understand how the Administration and Congress can be manipulated such that the 17 Banks failed in 2014, 24 Banks failed in 2013, 51 Banks in 2012, 91 Banks failed in 2011, 157 Banks failed in 2010, 140 Banks failed in 2009, etc, etc, etc. All we know is that Congressional Members that we elected because we liked them --- were not capable or competent to prevent it. This is not to mention the "Too Big to Fail" bailout and Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae.

And maybe, the politicians/candidates are right. Maybe Americans are not capable of understanding --- there by not qualified to direct or representative in Congress as to the important issues at hand. That is part of the big debate. What we do know is that:

It is NOT Treason... (OH Hell No!!!) It is about which Used Car Salesman and Fast Talker you elected to Congress.

Just My Though,
Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back