Is it too soon to say Obamanomics has failed?

WSJ Back in June of 2010

Obamanomics Has Failed

The administration’s stimulus program has failed. Growth is slow and unemployment remains high. The president, his friends and advisers talk endlessly about the circumstances they inherited as a way of avoiding responsibility for the 18 months for which they are responsible.

Only if it is too soon to say capitalism has failed.
Only if you're so gullible and/or brain dead as to call the current state of the American economy in general, and Obutthead's policies in particular, capitalistic.

WSJ Back in June of 2010

Obamanomics Has Failed

The administration’s stimulus program has failed. Growth is slow and unemployment remains high. The president, his friends and advisers talk endlessly about the circumstances they inherited as a way of avoiding responsibility for the 18 months for which they are responsible.

Only if it is too soon to say capitalism has failed.

When have we had true capitalism?

Unless the Left thinks crony capitalism is the way things are suppose to be ?
:eusa_whistle:

How can it have failed or succeeded? Everything significant that has been attempted has been met with stonewalling from the GOP and has, as a result been watered down to appease Conservatives.

Think about it...

Health Care... remember the exaggerations and out and out lies that put people in a panic? Go to Snopes and see the where most of them fall apart. Result? A more expensive, watered down version of Health Care that, while better than before... not nearly as good as it could have been. I mean, I am a single payer guy... but a Public Option would have been acceptable. A Public Option would have given Small Business owners an edge that would enable them to compete with huge Corporations in attaining and retaining employees. It would have given the working poor an avenue to go to a Doctor, instead of an Emergency Room, where everything is 10X more expensive.

The extension of the Bush Tax Cuts... GOP got it's way.

I mean... very few things have gotten through that didn't meet a Brick Wall of Resistance from the Right.

So to call "Obamanomics" a Failure is very much a false accusation. It never had a chance to work.

What specific program did the Republicans stop
that would have made "all the difference" ?

Paying for tax cuts with spending cuts since 1980, or not insisting on doing the tax cuts anyway.

That's why all of this is the GOP's fault.

So the Left and Papa Obama spending like drunken sailors on failed
economic policies while passing a faux legacy called ObamaCare to burden the
economy even more had nothing to do with it ?

Good to know
we were starting to get worried

Considering the fact there is no such thing as ‘Obamanomics,’ the question is moot.

Obama is practicing the same economic policies presidents have for decades, democratic and republican.

Considering the fact that Obama is guiding our current economic policies you are a tool for stating you are a tool.

Do you guys realize that if the Bush Tax Cuts never took place...The debt would be around 60% of GDP and at a very sustainable level... Then Imagine if we did some reasonable cutting instead of drastic, Draconian cuts... hell we might not have much of a debt at all.

Don't don't do the BOOOOOSH thing... You have to realize that you can't fight two wars, Build a brand new governmental Office(Homeland Security), allow massive job outsourcing that puts millions of Americans either out of work or woefully unemployed AND cut taxes. You want to talk about irresponsible?

The truth is... I don't hate Bush... I honestly believe that everything he did, he did in good faith that he felt was in our country's best interest. However, I think he surrounded himself(including his VP) with people who had more of a self serving interest and gave him poor council.

But the truth is... those errors caused us a lot of grief.

Three Little Pigs: How Entitlements Will Destroy Us

Now add Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security, and Obama's 2011 budget has a $1.27 trillion deficit. It's the entitlements, stupid.

Nor can you tax your way out of debt. Eliminate all of the Bush tax cuts, including the tax cuts for low- and middle-income Americans, and you would reduce the debt by perhaps 10% — assuming you didn't cripple the economy in the process. Tax the rich? That won't get you there either. In fact, according to the Congressional Budget Office, in order to pay for all currently scheduled federal spending would require raising both the corporate tax rate and top income tax rate from their current 35% to 88%, the current 25% tax rate for middle-income workers to 63%, and the 10% tax bracket for low-income workers to 25%.

Do you guys realize that if the Bush Tax Cuts never took place...The debt would be around 60% of GDP and at a very sustainable level... Then Imagine if we did some reasonable cutting instead of drastic, Draconian cuts... hell we might not have much of a debt at all.

Don't don't do the BOOOOOSH thing... You have to realize that you can't fight two wars, Build a brand new governmental Office(Homeland Security), allow massive job outsourcing that puts millions of Americans either out of work or woefully unemployed AND cut taxes. You want to talk about irresponsible?

The truth is... I don't hate Bush... I honestly believe that everything he did, he did in good faith that he felt was in our country's best interest. However, I think he surrounded himself(including his VP) with people who had more of a self serving interest and gave him poor council.

meh...........

Its 2011 and nobody gives a snooker about Bush, as we shall see soon enough!!:lol:

What specific program did the Republicans stop
that would have made "all the difference" ?

Paying for tax cuts with spending cuts since 1980, or not insisting on doing the tax cuts anyway.

Good to know

Obama would have had a trillion dollar deficit in 2009 if he'd done NOTHING.

If the Republicans hadn't put us into the best part of 30 years worth of a tax cut and spend death spiral, Obama would have inherited a balanced budget.

4 wars not paid for. Just for starters. ALL because of the Republicans.

meh...........

Its 2011 and nobody gives a snooker about Bush, as we shall see soon enough!!:lol:

Ok.

Good to know

Obama would have had a trillion dollar deficit in 2009 if he'd done NOTHING.

If the Republicans hadn't put us into the best part of 30 years worth of a tax cut and spend death spiral, Obama would have inherited a balanced budget.

4 wars not paid for. Just for starters. ALL because of the Republicans.

Can I have a ride in your multi universe time machine? Sounds fun. Plus I could "SPECULATE" on what my economic situation would be like had I not bought that house and instead spent the money on some other "UNKNOWN" investment.

Silly time travelers think they know everything. Pft

Considering the fact there is no such thing as ‘Obamanomics,’ the question is moot.

Obama is practicing the same economic policies presidents have for decades, democratic and republican.

Considering the fact that Obama is guiding our current economic policies you are a tool for stating you are a tool.

Take it easy on the Left

It is not easy living in the enchanted world
of

Never Never Blame Obama Land

obama-unicorn-0-550x413.jpg

Forum List

Back