Is it time to stop trying to re-start the Cold War now?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
I personally believe it is time to stop the anti-Russia rhetoric and to stop trying to pick a fight with them. Hillary lost, enough trying to blame Russia. We need to let Trump repair relations with Russia, a country very rich in natural resources by the way, and push them towards us and away from China.

I personally believe it is time to stop the anti-Russia rhetoric and to stop trying to pick a fight with them. Hillary lost, enough trying to blame Russia. We need to let Trump repair relations with Russia, a country very rich in natural resources by the way, and push them towards us and away from China.
Who's been charged by Mueller in the Russia probe so far?

I dunno. Seems like a lot of ppl were charged or confessed.

Guess Trump wasn't silly enough to hang himself by recording phone calls with Putin.

I read some Conservative saying Russians are landing troops in Venezuela.

FWIW, I always had a soft spot for the Soviets. The ppl anyways. Not that many of their leaders aren't/weren't homicidal maniacs only Hitler could make look good.

Guess Trump wasn't silly enough to hang himself by recording phone calls with Putin.

FWIW, I always had a soft spot for the Soviets. The ppl anyways. Not that many of their leaders aren't/weren't homicidal maniacs only Hitler could make look good.

Seems like a lot of ppl were charged or confessed.

How many confessed to colluding to affect the election?

They were charged with process crimes such as not cooperating properly. None were convicted of colluding with the Russian government in regards to fixing an election.

Last edited:

They were charged with process crimes, such as not cooperating properly. None were convicted of colluding with the Russian government in regards to fixing an election.

Fox seems a little rougher on them

"
A former foreign policy adviser to Trump’s presidential campaign, George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty in 2017 to making false statements to the FBI regarding “the timing, extent and nature of his relationships and interactions with certain foreign nationals whom he understood to have close connections with senior Russian government officials,” according to court documents.

He also reportedly tried to set up meetings between Russian and Trump campaign officials on various occasions."

They were charged with process crimes, such as not cooperating properly. None were convicted of colluding with the Russian government in regards to fixing an election.

"
A former foreign policy adviser to Trump’s presidential campaign, George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty in 2017 to making false statements to the FBI regarding “the timing, extent and nature of his relationships and interactions with certain foreign nationals whom he understood to have close connections with senior Russian government officials,” according to court documents.

He also reportedly tried to set up meetings between Russian and Trump campaign officials on various occasions."

Enough. Hillary lost the election. It was not rigged by the Russians. Trump should be meeting with top Russian officials. He needs to repair diplomatic and economic relations with Russia instead of starting World War III.

"

Enough. Hillary lost the election. It was not rigged by the Russians. Trump should be meeting with top Russian officials. He needs to repair diplomatic and economic relations with Russia instead of starting World War III.

Soft on Russia huh? I remember when Hillary was acused of that. Go team worship. Next thing you'll be saying the Republicans who wanted pre conditions for meeting with North Korea were Democrat spies.

BTW, I support the North Korea meetings. I just like pointing things out.

100 Russian Spetsnaz (special forces) troops got off 2 planes yesterday in Caracas, Venezuela. China is also making a play for portage there but the Ivans just changed the whole ballgame. Yeah, it's time to have a chat with Vlad although with his new hypersonic missiles, he's no longer afraid of our ABM systems.

He was convicted of lying only, and given a 14 day sentence. Give it up, Toronado.

"

Much more could be accomplished through trade than aggression but commerce does not directly benefit the warfare industries and media pundits that control DC.

Much more could be accomplished through trade than aggression but commerce does not directly benefit the warfare industries and media pundits that control DC.
Trump is not going to repair relations with Russia. He has been pushed into a confrontational relationship, by the fake collusion story. This resulted in dropping the INF Treaty. Trump claimed Russia violated the treaty, without providing proof. The sanctions BO placed on Russia continue under Donnie, and he has imposed many new sanctions. NATO continues threatening military maneuvers on Russian borders. US troop presence in Eastern Europe has increased. US war making budgets continue to grow under Donnie.

I suspect the US government under Donnie has made relations with Russia worse than we know.

He was convicted of lying only, and given a 14 day sentence. Give it up, Toronado.

"

convicted, right?

Guess when he applies to take out the trash at my work he'll have to note that proudly.

For issues having nothing to do with Russia.

From my Fox News Link:

"The charge against van der Zwaan did not involve election meddling or the Trump campaign's operations. It stemmed from the special counsel's investigation into a covert Washington lobbying campaign Manafort and Gates are accused of directing on behalf of pro-Russian Ukrainian interests."

I mean look, Trump isn't going to jail. If that is where the bar is set, the probe was a failure.

Go 'merica.

Stay out of jail. Be great!

:(

"

Soft on Russia huh? I remember when Hillary was acused of that. Go team worship. Next thing you'll be saying the Republicans who wanted pre conditions for meeting with North Korea were Democrat spies.

BTW, I support the North Korea meetings. I just like pointing things out.

Soft on Russia huh? I remember when Hillary was acused of that

There is no proof of that with her reset buttons and "Foundation" bribes...err...contributions.

yea, but none of them for RUSSIAN collusion. they went after russian collusion and got them for financial games instead.

yea, but none of them for RUSSIAN collusion. they went after russian collusion and got them for financial games instead.

Seems like a lot of non Russian collusion crimes committed with Russians.

FWIW, If you wanna say these lower folk were up to all kinds of criminal things with Russians that looked suspicious and got Trump investigated I couldn't really disagree much except to say, they maybe got away with something more, maybe they just wanted to collude and the Russians said, we don't need you.

Seems like a lot of non Russian collusion crimes committed with Russians.

FWIW, If you wanna say these lower folk were up to all kinds of criminal things with Russians that looked suspicious and got Trump investigated I couldn't really disagree much except to say, they maybe got away with something more, maybe they just wanted to collude and the Russians said, we don't need you.
no. what i am saying is that they went after people for things NOT related to russian collusion.

finances being the biggie.

now when obama was elected and went about appointing his staff, 60%+ of his appointees had some major tax issues they were delinquent or worse on. why not go after them also? my answer to that is we weren't to THIS stage of "petty" yet.

i DO NOT want to see us do this to ANYONE unless we have a reason to look for something. looking to see what you can find is a shitty way to run a judicial system.

Well, when Russia gives Crimea back to Ukraine, and leaves other Ukrainian provinces like Lughansk and Donetsk alone, that would be a starting point. Until then, what we have here is gross Russian aggression that is an immediate threat to NATO's eastern borders, especially in places like Estonia and Latvia.

Trump is not going to repair relations with Russia. He has been pushed into a confrontational relationship, by the fake collusion story. This resulted in dropping the INF Treaty. Trump claimed Russia violated the treaty, without providing proof. The sanctions BO placed on Russia continue under Donnie, and he has imposed many new sanctions. NATO continues threatening military maneuvers on Russian borders. US troop presence in Eastern Europe has increased. US war making budgets continue to grow under Donnie.

I suspect the US government under Donnie has made relations with Russia worse than we know.

NATO's military maneuvers are a fraction of the size of Russian military maneuvers in the European theater. Russia has acted and shown that it is far more ready and prepared for war in Europe than NATO.

Forum List

Back