CDZ Is it time to retire the "funny" button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...you know we're not supposed to use it "too" much because it hurts people's feelings.
Evidently the old "reputation" hurt too many people's feelings, and there wasn't any safe spaces for all the little snowflakes so they did away with it and gave us these little buttons. Now it appears the buttons are too much to take also. Poor little hyper sensitive snowflakes.
That sounds like someone justifying bullying. js
Pushing the funny button is the opposite of pithy. It lacks substance, thought and is not thoughtful. If this is a message board, and a place to share ideas and opinions, something so insipid is worthless and vexing.
He's at 17 funnies now! How high will it fly?

I agree, somethings are funny, and in those cases post a short message thanking the person's humor.

How lame!

Argh!

0p 1s @ L@M3r

Mary thinks he's clever.

Mary? His name is Jeffrey....unless, he's doing...The Change.

I've been told by anonymous sources that when he posts, he dresses as a women. Mary suits him, don't ya think? He does go by Jeffrey, if and only if the thread is on Africa and than he puts on orange Camouflage dress, stretches his neck and puts on little horns upon his head.

Pushing the funny button is the opposite of pithy. It lacks substance, thought and is not thoughtful. If this is a message board, and a place to share ideas and opinions, something so insipid is worthless and vexing.
I agree. I think that's two of us on this board, though.

The other thing is, I laugh at stuff here that is FUNNY all the time. I appreciate humor here. I rarely use it for snark, and if I do, I follow up with why I disagree.
On a conservative thread, though, we are going to get a lot of funnies. You might as well look at the bright side--it raises your ratings count.

^Reason for neg rep.

Trolling in zone 2 is against the rules. Using the funny button on almost every post is passive-aggressive trolling. Passive-aggressive trolling in Zone 2 should be treated the same as regular trolling. The mods disagree. Nothing we can do about it.

Stop channeling FCT. :ack-1::aargh:

Did you copy that from his thread, or what? :eek:
Are we supposed to ignore his threads? He gets chosen as Town Crier all the time.
I do notice that even the other mods tend to ignore a lot of his rules, though.

I've been told by anonymous sources that when he posts, he dresses as a women. Mary suits him, don't ya think? He does go by Jeffrey, if and only if the thread is on Africa and than he puts on orange Camouflage dress, stretches his neck and puts on little horns upon his head.

westwall , Guy is trolling his own thread, can we get a move to the FZ? :777:

PS Wry Catcher faggot: Fake News like CNN and NYTimes.

Trolling in zone 2 is against the rules. Using the funny button on almost every post is passive-aggressive trolling. Passive-aggressive trolling in Zone 2 should be treated the same as regular trolling. The mods disagree. Nothing we can do about it.
They SAID they were going to recognize overuse of the funny button as trolling. It's in a thread in the office somewhere. I remember Kat clarifying.

Maybe if you reported someone, it just wasn't enough funnies to be considered trolling? It also doesn't apply downstairs.

Trust me, they are not recognizing it as trolling. They are ONLY recognizing it if they funny you in multiple threads more than 6 times in each thread over a 24 hour period.
Well, Lew, it's kind of liking accepting that if you walk in the Maine woods in May-July, you will have blackflies all over you. This is a primarily conservative board. The blackfly funnies will be all over you for being a lib.
If you are a lib. I'm guessing you are. But if not, the reverse applies.

westwall , Guy is trolling his own thread, can we get a move to the FZ? :777:

PS Wry Catcher faggot: Fake News like CNN and NYTimes.

I'll bet you used to remind the teacher when she forgot to assign homework too.

I haven't been to the CDZ in awhile, but I gotta say....
this place has really gone downhill.

They SAID they were going to recognize overuse of the funny button as trolling. It's in a thread in the office somewhere. I remember Kat clarifying.

Maybe if you reported someone, it just wasn't enough funnies to be considered trolling? It also doesn't apply downstairs.

Trust me, they are not recognizing it as trolling. They are ONLY recognizing it if they funny you in multiple threads more than 6 times in each thread over a 24 hour period.
Well, Lew, it's kind of liking accepting that if you walk in the Maine woods in May-July, you will have blackflies all over you. This is a primarily conservative board. The blackfly funnies will be all over you for being a lib.
If you are a lib. I'm guessing you are. But if not, the reverse applies.

No I'm not a lib. I'm a slightly right leaning moderate. It's just odd that mods admit it is trolling with the funny button, but then won't enforce it as such.

Well, Lew, it's kind of liking accepting that if you walk in the Maine woods in May-July, you will have blackflies all over you.

animated-fly-image-0006.gif

Well...you know we're not supposed to use it "too" much because it hurts people's feelings.
Evidently the old "reputation" hurt too many people's feelings, and there wasn't any safe spaces for all the little snowflakes so they did away with it and gave us these little buttons. Now it appears the buttons are too much to take also. Poor little hyper sensitive snowflakes.
That sounds like someone justifying bullying. js
He's at 17 funnies now! How high will it fly?

According to TNH, the record is 30-ish.

Apparently you remember stephanies thread. She almost got 30! :lol:

No I don't believe I ever had the pleasure of sharing my political philosophy with Ms. Stephanie...
Noooo lol she started a thread complaining about the funny button. Kinda like this one but worse. stephanie acted like her soul was being devoured by the arch angel.
she got almost 30 funnies from that whine fest LOL

Can't link to it here. Because no material comes OUT of the FZ to the upstairs. But it's all there. We haven't emptied the dumpster since we got here. :ack-1: PM me if you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back